Full Team Explosion, Draft, Trades, and Direction

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Full Team Explosion, Draft, Trades, and Direction

Postby AussieMate » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:03 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:55 am
Lumps wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:54 am

Interesting take, care to elaborate?

It should be noted that we drafted during the actual NFL draft, so decisions weren't made with the context of training camp, Luck's retirement, Tyreek situation, etc.

Between draft and waivers, I wound up with these overall rankings:

#14 RB
#23, 46 WR (3 WRs have been injured - Campbell, Isabella, Johnson - and mired with unfortunate situations that will improve)
#24 TE (as a rookie this isn't bad, plus Flacco :lol: )
#8, 9 DE ....And Burns was way up there before he got hurt. Since we can start 3 DEs, this is huge.
#9 LB

Could Isabella have shown more? Sure. That offense is a mess. Campbell got screwed by Luck. Johnson got screwed with Ben, Rudolph, and a cheap shot. All these situations should get better next year, and I think it actually worked out somewhat. Secured the 1.1 and better days are ahead. Can't wait for Mecole to be on the field full time with Mahomes.
I don't play IDP so I can't comment on those picks.

Out of the offensive players, the only guy I would feel decent about is Sanders and even he has been a little disappointing. With 7 of the top 13 picks I would want a lot more than that, especially in a superflex where talent falls.

RB: I'm optimistic with Sanders like I said above but he's still been slightly disappointing. Fine pick though.

WRs: this is where the issue is. This turned out to be a good WR class yet you drafted 4 of them and ended up with Campbell, Isabella, Hardman, and JJAW. I would want at least two of Metcalf, Deebo, Hollywood, AJ Brown, and McLaurin.

TE: Fant looks fine but 1.06 was way too early, especially in a superflex.

Again I can't comment on the IDP players so maybe you knocked it out of the park on those picks.
WR: No one was taking McLaurin in the 1st. I had my eyes on him later but someone got him. Hollywood went before I could get him. I'm not a Deebo fan. You are talking with the lens of hindsight here. Hardman is the #1 scoring rookie WR, because, as I stated, we get return yards. This was a consideration as the KC coach said he's the best return man he's seen since Hester.

TE: Again, reading is fundamental. 1.25 PPR for TE, .5 PPR for WR. Fant at 1.6 is just fine, Hock went right ahead of him. Knowing both were available is what allowed me to get Bosa. As for SF, the QBs remaining were Jones and Lock. I don't think anyone is standing up them ATM.

So suffice to say, you didn't pay attention to league settings and scoring and you admitted you don't know IDP. Cool.
While agree with your defence of your draft mostly the comment about talking in hindsight is strange, if we can't go back and judge your picks then what's the point in this post.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:55 am

Keep in mind - 16 teams, 2 QB, IDP, TE premium

Picks are solidified now:

1.1, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 1.12
2.1, 2.3, 2.11
3.1, 3.6
5.1, 5.11
7.1, 7.4

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:13 am

How can you say he botched last years draft? Sanders, Fant, Hardman, Diontae all producing at a respectable level for rookies. Not into IDP but Bosa, Burns and Bush are studs. Everyone else the jury is still out on...doesnt make them busts already though. Lol
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:46 am

Trade:

Gave: Boykin
Got: Pollard

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm

I think Lumps is doing a hell of a job rebuilding that team. Too early to write off some of the rookies that haven’t been producing a ton. And since it’s such a non-traditional league setup, there are definitely some moves that can be considered non-traditional if you don’t know the settings (not moves specific to this particular rebuild, but more in terms of moves in general in a league that’s not cookie cutter settings).

I also love to watch the transition of a total blowup rebuild, especially when it’s a league mate. Seeing those accepted deals is cool in my email inbox, but those are only slices of the pie. Seeing the before and after pictures as a whole is really awesome.

So awesome in fact that I am stealing the idea.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=194973
For anybody caught up in Lumps’ rebuild and wants to check another rebuild in the same league.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Trade:

Gave: Royce Freeman

Got: Jamaal Williams, Jerry Tillery, 3.9

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Trade:

Gave: Lazard, Jarwin, 3.9

Got: Gesicki

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:49 am

Gave: Scotty Miller, 5, 6, 7, 7 round picks
Got: 3.5

Was going to have roster cuts/picks issue so I consolidated to a high pick.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun May 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Our draft is in the books and here are my picks:

1.1 - Burrow
1.6 - Swift
1.8 - Jeudy
1.9 - Lamb
1.12 - Ruggs
2.1 - Higgins (Love and Young went picks 1.15 and 1.16 :doh: )
2.5 - Pittman
2.6 - Shenault (Traded 2.12 and 3.5 to move up here seeing a drop off in talent)
3.1 - Willie Gay
3.6 - Lynn Bowden
5.1 - Akeem Davis-Gaither
7.9 - Curtis Weaver (tried to trade in for a pick for a while, wound up sending Travis Homer for it)

I needed more help at RB than I got here, but I think the depth of the WRs this year dictated what I did. I just went for the best player available as much as I could. I'll trade for some RBs later on. We also added another R/W/T flex spot for this year, so not terrible to have options I guess.

Still need to make some cuts, but generally this is the roster at the moment:

QB: Goff, Burrow, Grier

RB: Sanders, Swift, RoJo, Jamaal Williams, Pollard, Bowden, Bernard, Love

WR: Dionte Johnson, Hardman, Sims Jr., Parris Campbell, Isabella, JJAW, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Tee Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Jakobi Meyers

TE: Fant, Gesicki, Herndon

DE: Nick Bosa, Maxx Crosby, Tuitt, Nassib, Weaver

DT: Quinnen Williams, Short, Tillery

LB: Devin Bush, Cunningham, AJ Johnson, Greenlaw, Gay Jr., McMillan, Quincy Williams, Davis-Gaither, Connely

CB: Amukamara, Darby, Needham

S: Tracy Walker, Landon Collins, Neal, Amos, Ward

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Sun May 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Looks good. You got great value out of all those guys in the first round. Really good there. Where did Aiyuk go? I like him over Pittman and Shenault if he was still there at 2.5. But still a solid draft overall.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:29 pm Looks good. You got great value out of all those guys in the first round. Really good there. Where did Aiyuk go? I like him over Pittman and Shenault if he was still there at 2.5. But still a solid draft overall.
Aiyuk and Mims went in between my 2.1 and 2.5. Really waffled on that Higgins pick.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:36 am

CEH wound up getting traded in a swap with Dobbins (Ingram owner too, which is interesting).

I think it’s clear I could use another QB (but tough in 2 QB and 16 teams) and some RBs...

Any thoughts on those? Other areas? I haven’t made a deal in a while and kind of am itching to do so. I think I traded Grier for a 6th to the Bridgewater owner.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Could take a shot on some slow return QBs cheap, Winston, Eason, Fromm heck its a 16team league get a share of Josh Rosen. Winston is at least going to be a bridge somewhere soon, you know Eason will get a shot too. Fromm is an injury away so why not. Considering Rosen has never really been given a chance I am sure some team out there thinks they can get him right. If I can pull any of those guys for essentially free I would.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:10 pm Could take a shot on some slow return QBs cheap, Winston, Eason, Fromm heck its a 16team league get a share of Josh Rosen. Winston is at least going to be a bridge somewhere soon, you know Eason will get a shot too. Fromm is an injury away so why not. Considering Rosen has never really been given a chance I am sure some team out there thinks they can get him right. If I can pull any of those guys for essentially free I would.
I was thinking of taking a shot on Winston a few weeks ago. Good call. Let me see who has him.

iceman68
Role Player
Role Player

Postby iceman68 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:35 pm

I like how you’ve positioned yourself for this year and next year’s rookie draft. Weird that your league drafts during the NFL draft.
12 Team, 24 man roster, 4 reserve slots, 1.0 ppr, 0.3 points per carry
1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-FLEX

QB: T Tagovailoa, J Dobbs
RB: A Kamara, D Swift, J Jacobs, K Hunt, E Elliott, L Murray, C Patterson, J Wilson, K Drake, D Henderson, C Reynolds, N Chubb
WR: T Hill, M Evans, M Thomas, D. Hopkins, A Robinson, J Bobo, N Agholor, M Hardman
TE: M Andrews, D Njoku, C Otton

2024 1-2-4-5-5
2025 1-1-4-4-5-5
2026 1-2-3-3-5