1.12 too early for Henderson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

1.12 too early for Henderson

Postby zoster80 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:14 am

As a contender that owns Gurley (Zo Nasty below) and RB needy is 1.12 to early to take Henderson? My next pick is 4.12.....

Also would you consider Singletary, Harris or Hill that early? I see Henderson ranked at 16 so that's not much of a reach, but I know the others are deeper into the 2nd round.....I am a big fan of drafting BPA, but in this league trading for RB's are hard and I'm kinda being blackballed.

Another possible option is to get some depth and trade the pick for the 2.07 + 2.11 and possibly another piece or pick...do you think the mid tier RB's will be around at that point?
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: 1.12 too early for Henderson

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 am

Im surprised Singletary is rated that low. I'd be more inclined to take him than Hill or Henderson, even if I had Gurley.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am

I don't think I'd take any of those guys that early.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 am

I would probably trade back and try to get some running back depth or trade the pick for an established RB. Your team is really good but your RB's are in need of upgrades.

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 am

Given you only have to start two WR's, I would probably look to move one of those WR's for a RB

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 am

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 am Given you only have to start two WR's, I would probably look to move one of those WR's for a RB
Agree with this, even if you have *have* to accept $.90 on the dollar.

As for this pick, I absolutely think Henderson should be in play. One of the best offenses in the league, with little draft capital, TRADED UP to select him in the 3rd round, right in the range of Montgomery who is a near-consensus top5 pick.

Yes, the current situation isn't ideal with Gurley's presence. But it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson was fantasy useful this year even with a "healthy" Gurley - that offense is that good. He's also the premium handcuff in the league now, and offers lots of long-term upside if Gurley's health continues to trend down.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:51 am

I wouldnt be against taking Henderson with 1.12 to protect my investment in Gurley
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:51 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 am I would probably trade back and try to get some running back depth or trade the pick for an established RB. Your team is really good but your RB's are in need of upgrades.
I'm working the phones...not getting any bites...I've tried 1.12 for ingram, 1.12 for D Williams, a 2020 2nd that escalate to first for Miller. I've tried trading up, the issue is that since I've won back to back and they see my vulnerable, people are shying away from trading with me or they what short change me on my WR's who I won't sell off for young RB like Guice (unless they add something more established)

What I've done the past few season is mid season I'll grab a stopgap like Crowell or Collins.

WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods

TAXI:
2024 Picks
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:03 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 am
ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 am Given you only have to start two WR's, I would probably look to move one of those WR's for a RB

As for this pick, I absolutely think Henderson should be in play. One of the best offenses in the league, with little draft capital, TRADED UP to select him in the 3rd round, right in the range of Montgomery who is a near-consensus top5 pick.

Yes, the current situation isn't ideal with Gurley's presence. But it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson was fantasy useful this year even with a "healthy" Gurley - that offense is that good. He's also the premium handcuff in the league now, and offers lots of long-term upside if Gurley's health continues to trend down.
I usually start 3 WR's, and with injuries and by weeks, I like keeping four top guys. I've been offering up Julio, Evans and Allen to everyone...basically hopkins and Juju are the only guys I've set off limits...the issue that I can't see my self moving them for garbage I get offered. Everyone says the same stuff, you can only start 3, you are wasting points on the bench, but at the end of the day they aren't points in their lineup and I've been winning with the crappy RB's I've got, so unless I'm getting fair value I rather go "Zero Rb" then send one of my studs for guy like Freeman or Mack...I wish guys like MCC, Gordon, Chubb, Mixon, Kamara, Elliot or Cook were available to me...those guys are owned by contenders who won't want to make me stronger...or pretenders who think they have a chance.

At this point I gotta try to organically draft an RB2 and hope they get a break....Like Ballage and Foreman who are on my team now. This is why I'm considering reaching for an RB at 1.12.

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

TAXI:
2024 Picks
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:08 am

zoster80 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:03 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 am

I usually start 3 WR's, and with injuries and by weeks, I like keeping four top guys. I've been offering up Julio, Evans and Allen to everyone...basically hopkins and Juju are the only guys I've set off limits...the issue that I can't see my self moving them for garbage I get offered. Everyone says the same stuff, you can only start 3, you are wasting points on the bench, but at the end of the day they aren't points in their lineup and I've been winning with the crappy RB's I've got, so unless I'm getting fair value I rather go "Zero Rb" then send one of my studs for guy like Freeman or Mack...I wish guys like MCC, Gordon, Chubb, Mixon, Kamara, Elliot or Cook were available to me...those guys are owned by contenders who won't want to make me stronger...or pretenders who think they have a chance.

At this point I gotta try to organically draft an RB2 and hope they get a break....Like Ballage and Foreman who are on my team now. This is why I'm considering reaching for an RB at 1.12.
I get the logic, but you're still keeping 5 top guys instead of 4.

You're right that you shouldn't trade someone like Allen for Mack / Freeman / etc. But you can't trade Julio or Evans for someone like D. Johnson?

You might also want to broaden your search by including Hopkins or JuJu - if that's the only way you can land a top RB stud, I'd do that in a heart beat. Otherwise, you might have better luck packaging a WR and RB for a RB and WR so that it keeps the other team's roster more balanced.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Huddle3233
Captain
Captain

Postby Huddle3233 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:27 am

That's not early @ all. I have 2 leagues where he has gone 1.5 & 1.6. Especially if Im a Gurley owner concerned about his arthritis in his knee.

crip7300
Starter
Starter

Postby crip7300 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:47 am

I think it is a reach when considering bpa but I can't blame you for wanting to take him there. I personally would try to move back to give myself more dart throws, you can probably pick up 2 of Henderson, Harris, Hill, Singletary, Armstead, or Darwin Thompson at 2.07 and 2.11. I also agree with trying to move one of your WRs, even if you have to take a bit of a loss to secure a strong RB 2 option. I wouldn't be so bullish on not trading Juju or Hopkins, they are probably your best way to get a young stud RB, something like Hopkins and 1.12 might get you CMC or Kamara to a team with WR need.
Team 1
12 team Non PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Goff Geno Pickett
RB Bijan CMC Chubb JWill Kendre
WR Pittman Diontae Mooney Juju Hyatt Nico
TE Waller Schultz

Team 2
12 team SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Herbert Hurts Darnold Mac Love
RB Saquon Chubb Mixon Dillon
WR Kupp Amari Ridley Juju Cooks Diontae
TE Kittle Hock

Team 3
12 Team Non PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex 1SF
QB Herbert Love Ridder Lance
RB CBrown Chandler
WR Olave CWatson EMoore Nico
TE Pitts

Team 4
12 Team PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex
QB Herbert
RB JT CMC Breece Mixon Henry
WR AJB Metcalf Kupp Diontae Juju EMoore
TE Kittle Pat

Team 5
Bestball 12 Team
SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR TE 4Flex 1SF
QB Allen Pickett Carr Baker
RB CMC Saquon Swift

WR AJB Deebo Ridley Sutton
TE Kittle Fant

Team 6
Bestball 12 Team
PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
QB RB WR TE 7Flex 1SF
QB Watson Herbert TLaw
RB Saquan JT Mixon ETN
WR Chase DK DJM Juju
TE Pitts Kittle

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 am

It's probably too early. In leagues where RBs are overvalued I've gone, somewhat by default, zero RB draft strategy because I'm drafting BPA. If you really want RBs, trade back for more picks and grab several "could be an injury away" starters like Snell, Armstead, Love, and Williams.

Of course, if you really believe Gurley is in trouble, Henderson becomes one of those "could be" starters.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

kickzizlife
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby kickzizlife » Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 am

If i was in your shoes id take henderson there for two reasons. first off you have no other pick till 4.12 AND secondly you have Gurley who you'd be hedging if you select Henderson. nothing wrong with reaching at this point.

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Too early for me
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams