Offer for Fournette

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mebrind
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Offer for Fournette

Postby Mebrind » Thu May 02, 2019 8:52 am

(Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, so if it's not please let me know and I'll move it elsewhere)

TL;DR Would you rather have Sanders or Fournette on a team making a playoff push in 2020.

This is based on the team in my Sig. I have the 1.07, and so far the draft has gone Murray > Haskins > Lock > Jacobs > Harry > Jones.
Other picks I have in the draft are 1.10 2.01 and 2.03

I get a message from the Fournette owner offering a straight swap for the 1.07. He's an Eagles fan and is very high on Sanders, and wants him on his team. Based on my needs and board I was going to be taking Sanders if he fell to me at 7.

I don't expect much this year, but with my picks this year and 3 1sts next year I expect to be gunning for playoffs in 2020. I'm honestly not sure how much value there is in this trade given all the questions marks around Fournette, and my research hasn't really given me a clear indication of where to go with this one.
12-Team Non-PPR 2QB - 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex
QB: Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, RG3
RB: Miles Sanders, Damien Williams, Raheem Mostert, Duke Johnson, D'Andre Swift, AJ Dillon, Deejay Dallas
WR: Corey Davis, Deebo Samuel, Stefon Diggs, Breshad Perriman, Kenny Stills, Mecole Hardman, Russel Gage, Hunter Renfrow, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce, TJ Hockenson, Chris Herndon

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Offer for Fournette

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

I would take Fournette very easily over the 1.07 and hope he bounces back. I like the move.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 am

I prefer Sanders over Fournette, but Fournette probably helps you more this year (assuming he can stay healthy). Since he's coming to you, ask for something on top of Fournette.

Mebrind
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mebrind » Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 am

Goddard wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 am I prefer Sanders over Fournette, but Fournette probably helps you more this year (assuming he can stay healthy). Since he's coming to you, ask for something on top of Fournette.
This is what I think is the factor. I feel like Sanders is gonna taker over in the middle-late this year in Philly and be a lock and loaded starter next year.

Based on my team and the picks I have next draft, I think I'm kinda spinning my wheels this year and pushing into playoffs next year, so I'm more looking at who can help me in '20 as opposed to '19. The only other resources he's willing to offer on top of Fournette is the 3.01, so a dart throw more or less.
RB: Miles Sanders, Damien Williams, Raheem Mostert, Duke Johnson, D'Andre Swift, AJ Dillon, Deejay Dallas
WR: Corey Davis, Deebo Samuel, Stefon Diggs, Breshad Perriman, Kenny Stills, Mecole Hardman, Russel Gage, Hunter Renfrow, Jerry Jeudy

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 am

Mebrind wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 am
Goddard wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 am I prefer Sanders over Fournette, but Fournette probably helps you more this year (assuming he can stay healthy). Since he's coming to you, ask for something on top of Fournette.
This is what I think is the factor. I feel like Sanders is gonna taker over in the middle-late this year in Philly and be a lock and loaded starter next year.

Based on my team and the picks I have next draft, I think I'm kinda spinning my wheels this year and pushing into playoffs next year, so I'm more looking at who can help me in '20 as opposed to '19. The only other resources he's willing to offer on top of Fournette is the 3.01, so a dart throw more or less.
If that's the case, I'd just take Sanders.

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am

If Sanders does fall to you at 1.07 then it doesn't sound like you are in a dire need to make a decision right now.

I would consider doing the 1.07 and 1.10 for LF and a 2020 1st especially since you aren't planning on making a push this year. If he is willing to do LF for the 1.07 straight up maybe he would consider this an option as well. You never know.
10-Team League, Non-PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE)
QB: Love, Watson, Cousins
RB: JT, Kyren, BRob, Roschon, Miles
WR: AJB, Wilson, Waddle, Puka, Higgins, Hopkins, Jeudy, Jameson Williams
TE: Okonkwo, Thomas
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th

Mebrind
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mebrind » Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm

TroyH wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am If Sanders does fall to you at 1.07 then it doesn't sound like you are in a dire need to make a decision right now.

I would consider doing the 1.07 and 1.10 for LF and a 2020 1st especially since you aren't planning on making a push this year. If he is willing to do LF for the 1.07 straight up maybe he would consider this an option as well. You never know.
Sadly he doesn't have a pick a 2020 1st to offer.

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Thu May 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Mebrind wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm
TroyH wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am If Sanders does fall to you at 1.07 then it doesn't sound like you are in a dire need to make a decision right now.

Sadly he doesn't have a pick a 2020 1st to offer.
Then I would look to get something on top of LF in return if you were to move him since he approached you, but I would definitely take LF over 1.07 personally. I actually think he is going to bounce back and think Sanders will have a hard time getting playing time.

If you want something on top maybe look to upgrade or get younger at another position then since he doesn't have any picks to offer.
10-Team League, Non-PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE)
QB: Love, Watson, Cousins
RB: JT, Kyren, BRob, Roschon, Miles
WR: AJB, Wilson, Waddle, Puka, Higgins, Hopkins, Jeudy, Jameson Williams
TE: Okonkwo, Thomas
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th