POLL: Cohen, Penny, or R. Freeman

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick One

Cohen
44%
Penny
48%
R. Freeman
7%

Total votes: 27

Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

POLL: Cohen, Penny, or R. Freeman

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:32 am

I am looking to add another RB lottery ticket to my bench.

Cohen is not going to be the feature back in CHI and I want to sell while his value is high.

I have two 1:1 offers out there (Cohen for Penny and Cohen for Royce) and the managers are mulling them over. I understand this is an overpay, but I am going to have to overpay on any deal I make in this league after finishing 2nd last year.

Who you got?
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Re: POLL: Cohen, Penny, or R. Freeman

Postby Smoking Guns » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am

I voted Penny- I dont see Cohen as the lead back (RBBC at best) - I think Chicago goes with a RB to replace Howard.

hawk2119
Starter
Starter

Postby hawk2119 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:37 am

I like cohen best of these three but penny probably has the highest ceiling.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 am

RBBC is not a factor for me here as they are all likely on the wrong end of one. I understand that Cohen had a season that many believe is going to be hard to repeat, but Freeman and Penny had downright unmemorable ones. And I just dont see Cohen falling off as far as most people seem to. He is elite in space and has one of the best playcallers in the league who loves and understands how to use him. Penny and Freeman will likely get more opportunities this year but based on what i saw from them last year, i just cant say with confidence that they will do more with theirs than Cohen will do with his. I would hold Cohen here.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:22 am

Agree that all are in a RBBC situation. I’d still hold Cohen with the hopes he can duplicate last years production.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 am

They are all in similar situations but I like Penny in a gamble.

bruskie10
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bruskie10 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm all in on Rolls Royce! Buying wherever I can.

I don't get all the love here for Cohen. He was in a perfect situation last year to stack up targets out of the backfield with an RBBC including Jordan Howard. He's now got Mike Davis to contend with, and whichever mid-round RB the Bears decide to bring in (guarantee they pick one). Both of those options will be stronger in the passing game than Howard which should result in quite a bit of regression this year for Cohen.

Penny flashed last year and should get an increased opportunity. I'm a fan, but also a Carson truther. Something tells me Pete Carrolls love affair with Carson will always restrict Penny's ability to become a bell cow RB.
*TEAM 1*
30 team PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1WT flex, 2 WRT flex

QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - Ty Davis-Price / Deon Jackson
WR - AJ Brown / Stefon Diggs / Terry McLaurin / Devin Duvernay / Nico Collins / Kyle Phillips
TE - Gerald Everett

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm

I dont understand why people think Mike Davis and a mid round RB are a significant threat to Cohens production. Did you not watch the games and see how he was used? Literally the only aspect of that offense that was overly successful was getting him the ball in space. Im not saying hes gonna have another RB1 season, some regression is to be expected. But with no turnover scheme wise and minimal turnover personnel wise i dont see him falling off a cliff either.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm

I think I lean Penny here. Not a huge fan of Cohen.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Zacsby wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm I dont understand why people think Mike Davis and a mid round RB are a significant threat to Cohens production. Did you not watch the games and see how he was used? Literally the only aspect of that offense that was overly successful was getting him the ball in space. Im not saying hes gonna have another RB1 season, some regression is to be expected. But with no turnover scheme wise and minimal turnover personnel wise i dont see him falling off a cliff either.
I agree, Cohen has the highest floor (I assume PPR) out of the 3 by a fair margin, and his ceiling is as high as Penny. Bears offensive is on the upswing after the first year under Nagy so I don't think regression for Cohen is a given.

I think Freeman is going to be roster clogger/flex at best for a couple of years and then forgotten. He was outplayed by UDFA Lindsey starting in the preseason and that lasted all year.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:50 pm

Voted Cohen. I've seen enough of the pro tape at this point to be convinced he truly is the new Sproles. Except unlike with Sproles and his early career purgatory with the Chargers, Cohen has been drafted to a team that's already utilizing him the way the Saints used Sproles.

Penny has more upside. But Cohen is proven, Penny isn't.

Freeman is a distant third to both Cohen and Penny for me.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE