In Progress Draft...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
strim5181
Role Player
Role Player

In Progress Draft...

Postby strim5181 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 pm

I have the 2.2 in our draft going on now and am wondering who you guys think i should take based on a combination of need and value. Guys I have my eye on are Locker, Helu Jr, Hunter, Starks, Cam, Litlle, and my last is a stretch only bc he could be a keeper forever in Suh. I need defense badly and only have the 2.2, 4.2, and 6.2 as my earliest picks. I'm leaning towards a rb or qb (because of the age of my current qb and rbs ) as my wr core is pretty set I think. Is this way early for any of these guys? I know Suh would be a stretch. Here is how the draft has shook out so far:

Selection Date/Time Comments
1.01 1. Smooth Operators Jones, Julio ATL WR
1.02 2. Fightin Whities Ingram, Mark NOS RB
1.03 3. The Mini Ditkas Green, A.J. CIN WR
1.04 4. Smooth Operators Thomas, Daniel MIA RB
1.05 5. Beach Tactics Williams, Ryan ARI RB
1.06 6. Cleveland Steamers Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB
1.07 7. Midways Monsters Baldwin, Jon KCC WR
1.08 8. Midways Monsters Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

14 team draft which includes FA's. I have the 2.2 and need to make it count. Team in Sig.
- 14 Teams - year 8
Peyton Eli, Palmer
Charles, AP, Forsett, Taliaferro, Turbin
Cobb, BMarsh, Emmanuel, Harvin, Lafell, MWilson (CHI)
DAllen, Donnell, Rodgers
Levy, KJ Wright
Weddle
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, 2LB, 2BD, 1DL

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: In Progress Draft...

Postby Scorp » Tue May 03, 2011 12:20 pm

strim5181 wrote:I have the 2.2 in our draft going on now and am wondering who you guys think i should take based on a combination of need and value. Guys I have my eye on are Locker, Helu Jr, Hunter, Starks, Cam, Litlle, and my last is a stretch only bc he could be a keeper forever in Suh. I need defense badly and only have the 2.2, 4.2, and 6.2 as my earliest picks. I'm leaning towards a rb or qb (because of the age of my current qb and rbs ) as my wr core is pretty set I think. Is this way early for any of these guys? I know Suh would be a stretch. Here is how the draft has shook out so far:

Selection Date/Time Comments
1.01 1. Smooth Operators Jones, Julio ATL WR
1.02 2. Fightin Whities Ingram, Mark NOS RB
1.03 3. The Mini Ditkas Green, A.J. CIN WR
1.04 4. Smooth Operators Thomas, Daniel MIA RB
1.05 5. Beach Tactics Williams, Ryan ARI RB
1.06 6. Cleveland Steamers Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB
1.07 7. Midways Monsters Baldwin, Jon KCC WR
1.08 8. Midways Monsters Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

14 team draft which includes FA's. I have the 2.2 and need to make it count. Team in Sig.
Helu would be good value at 2.2 if he's there, but not likely. Your first IDP should probably be taken in the 4th. If you have heavier needs at WR, Little or Smith wouldn't be terrible options, although I think you'd have to wait on their production. Cam's the best QB available imo, and is worth the 2.2 to me.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 pm

strim5181 wrote:I have the 2.2 in our draft going on now and am wondering who you guys think i should take based on a combination of need and value. Guys I have my eye on are Locker, Helu Jr, Hunter, Starks, Cam, Litlle, and my last is a stretch only bc he could be a keeper forever in Suh. I need defense badly and only have the 2.2, 4.2, and 6.2 as my earliest picks. I'm leaning towards a rb or qb (because of the age of my current qb and rbs ) as my wr core is pretty set I think. Is this way early for any of these guys? I know Suh would be a stretch. Here is how the draft has shook out so far:
I'd target those two before the other players you have listed.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Delone Carter
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I really like Helu's situation, I would take him there if available. Little, Smith, and Hankerson would also be fine picks.

You couldn't go wrong with taking one of the QBs though, looks like you could use a long-term QB behind Peyton Manning. Garrard's days in Jax are numbered.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
I'd target those two before the other players you have listed.
I agree. Starks still looks pretty good in GB, and Little landed well and has a lot of raw talent.