Njoku for 1.06

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Njoku for 1.06

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:38 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm Not a bad price to pay in this class. Njoku had a really nice season for only a 2nd year TE who is still only 21.
He's soon to be 23. I have sold all of my Njoku shares. I am not overly impressed. I'd take a swing at 1.06, personally, with a ton of good WR's and a couple of good young RB's in the top 6. I'd prefer a couple of the TE's in this class over Njoku, too.
Who are the TE you like this year? I've heard of the Iowa duo, but drafting TE in the 1st is something I won't do because of the development gap. Just curious what you see in the Rookie TE. I haven't watched them to put them over Njoku yet
Love Hockenson, from Iowa. Irv Smith Jr. from Bama is another one. Hockenson looks to be very athletic, and he's a complete TE> one of the best blockers supposedly in a long time for a first round projected prospect, according to DJ. I just like his entire game, he's good everywhere. Irv looks like a playmaker. Maybe not the upside of the last Bama TE to go early, in OJ, but he's looks damn good. I feel Njoku is more athlete playing football than an athletic football player, sometimes, if that makes sense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Njoku for 1.06

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:38 am

He's soon to be 23. I have sold all of my Njoku shares. I am not overly impressed. I'd take a swing at 1.06, personally, with a ton of good WR's and a couple of good young RB's in the top 6. I'd prefer a couple of the TE's in this class over Njoku, too.
Who are the TE you like this year? I've heard of the Iowa duo, but drafting TE in the 1st is something I won't do because of the development gap. Just curious what you see in the Rookie TE. I haven't watched them to put them over Njoku yet
Love Hockenson, from Iowa. Irv Smith Jr. from Bama is another one. Hockenson looks to be very athletic, and he's a complete TE> one of the best blockers supposedly in a long time for a first round projected prospect, according to DJ. I just like his entire game, he's good everywhere. Irv looks like a playmaker. Maybe not the upside of the last Bama TE to go early, in OJ, but he's looks damn good. I feel Njoku is more athlete playing football than an athletic football player, sometimes, if that makes sense.
Appreciate it. Yes the athleticism carrying Njoku definitely makes sense. I know his hands are suspect but I haven't seen too many bad drops personally. I think the age and the TE development period is giving me hope for him still. Will be looking into rookies as well

I think if you're a team with a need for TE and the rest of your roster is good, the 1.06 is a good price to pay for Njoku. Flipside being that if I had another TE better or similar to Njoku, I'd probably easily trade him for the 1.06 to make another spot better