Breida or Mckinnon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Re: Breida or Mckinnon

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:09 pm I don't get it we seen what Shanny did with Freeman/Coleman in Atl , Now Breida played awesome in a mess of a offence that is getting JimmyG back and maybe AB or another real good WR to help open the offence.

I honestly see a Freeman , Coleman split with them two in just as good a offence in SF this year as Atl has had. I do think Breida gets more of the carries with McKinnon more of the catches , I get they can't stay healthy but if only 1 of them get hurt it only helps the other.

By the way I don't own these 2 anywhere but I love them this year.
Is Breida actually injury prone, or was he just knicked up all season that hes being portrayed as Injury prone? I could have sworn I read or heard in a podcast he never missed a game in his entire career until this season.
I do think Mckinnon has alot to prove when it comes to staying healthy. Hes like 27ish, and has only played like one full season.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:09 pm I don't get it we seen what Shanny did with Freeman/Coleman in Atl , Now Breida played awesome in a mess of a offence that is getting JimmyG back and maybe AB or another real good WR to help open the offence.

I honestly see a Freeman , Coleman split with them two in just as good a offence in SF this year as Atl has had. I do think Breida gets more of the carries with McKinnon more of the catches , I get they can't stay healthy but if only 1 of them get hurt it only helps the other.

Is Breida actually injury prone, or was he just knicked up all season that hes being portrayed as Injury prone? I could have sworn I read or heard in a podcast he never missed a game in his entire career until this season.
I do think Mckinnon has alot to prove when it comes to staying healthy. Hes like 27ish, and has only played like one full season.
I guess you're right he just had a rough year.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

I think both are injury prone in the sense neither are very big and probably can't handle a full workload. Breida according to player profile is 5'9 195 and wikipedia is 5'11 190 while McKinnon is also only 5'9 210. Breida played for Georgia southern in college and never had more than 203 attempts, I think we can all agree the NFL is a lot harder to stay healthy than the Sun Belt Conference.

Brings me to my point that unless they bring in a bigger back to carry the load then both of these guys are going to be in a relatively even split carry wise.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am

I think both are injury prone in the sense neither are very big and probably can't handle a full workload. Breida according to player profile is 5'9 195 and wikipedia is 5'11 190 while McKinnon is also only 5'9 210. Breida played for Georgia southern in college and never had more than 203 attempts, I think we can all agree the NFL is a lot harder to stay healthy than the Sun Belt Conference.

Brings me to my point that unless they bring in a bigger back to carry the load then both of these guys are going to be in a relatively even split carry wise.

Totally agree with you. I'd rather own Breida, younger, and has been productive with a limited work load.

RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:16 pm

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am

Totally agree with you. I'd rather own Breida, younger, and has been productive with a limited work load.
I'm taking the reception upside of McKinnon. Modern NFL seems to be moving more and more into throwing to the RB and Shanahan is the type of coach to utilize the RB in that manner as much as anyone. If McKinnon can split the carries 50/50 and get 70+ receptions then that's a high end RB2 with a solid floor on a weekly basis.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Snagging both in bestball!