Conner offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
#5willalwaysloveyou
Role Player
Role Player

Conner offer

Postby #5willalwaysloveyou » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Is this a bad offer for Conner? The owner is looking to sell and needs depth and has no picks in first three rounds this year. My team in my sig and I also have the 1.02

Give: Ingram, Brandon cooks, 2019 2.05 and 2.09
12 team ppr 1qb

QB: Josh Allen

RB:miles Sanders,Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, gallaman, ty Johnson, gus Edwards, alex collins, Larry rountree, Tyson williams

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Kenny golladay, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, n’keal harry, jakobi Meyers, van jefferson

TE: George kittle, Jonnu Smith, Kyle pitts

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Conner offer

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Personally I'd value Cooks alone >= Conner, so this seems like a major overpay to me. I'd start by offering a straight swap of Cooks for Conner and go from there.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

UsualSuspects
Starter
Starter

Postby UsualSuspects » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm

That seems like a lot to give up for Conner but I might be behind the curve on how great he will be.
12 Team PPR - '16 7th '17 1st '18 3rd ‘19 3rd ‘20 5th ‘21 3rd ‘22 7th ‘23 1st
Start- QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/D -All TD’s are 6 pts.
Qb- Hurts, Purdy, Browning
RB- Gibbs, Javontae Williams, Ford, Gainwell, McLaughlin, Mason, E Mitchell
WR- Jaylen Waddle, Aiyuk, Addison, Rice, Downs, Pickens, Marquise Brown, Davis, MT, Chark, Mingo, C Samuel, Douglas, Austin III, Danny Gray
TE- LaPorta, Friermuth, Okonkwo
K- Aubrey, Buttker
2024 picks 2.03, 3.03, 5, 5, 5, 5
2025 picks 2, 3, 4, 5
-----

Team 2-
12 Team Superflex PPR - '24 took over via 3 team dispersal
Start- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex, 1Flex, PPR- passing TD’s 4 pts
Qb- Tua, Stafford, Geno Smith
RB- McCaffrey, Mostert, Kamara, Brian Robinson, Warren, McLaughlin, Rodriguez
WR- Tyreek, DK Metcalf, DaVante Adams, DHop, Godwin, Downs, Gabe Davis, Sutton, Mike Williams, Chark, Mooney, Osborn
TE- Kittle, Kelce, Freiermuth
2024 picks 2.11, 3.01, 3.11, 4.03
2025 picks 3,3,3,3,4,4
------

Team 3

#5willalwaysloveyou
Role Player
Role Player

Postby #5willalwaysloveyou » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks. It felt like an overpay but some people are really weird about Brandin Cooks value.
12 team ppr 1qb

QB: Josh Allen

RB:miles Sanders,Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, gallaman, ty Johnson, gus Edwards, alex collins, Larry rountree, Tyson williams

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Kenny golladay, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, n’keal harry, jakobi Meyers, van jefferson

TE: George kittle, Jonnu Smith, Kyle pitts

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Depends on how you value Conner and Cooks. I'm sure there are those who think Conner is worth more and others who think Cooks is worth more. Either way, you probably shouldn't be adding that much to Cooks to get Conner.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

As a Conner owner, I think that is a fair offer. I don't think highly of Ingram or the 2nd rounds picks though, they just bridge a gap for me. That's a whole lot of meh to upgrade from Cooks to Conner, so I like the deal for the person obtaining Conner.

A few posters previously mentioned they value Cooks more than Conner which I think is way off. Conner averaged 22 ppg where as Cooks averaged 15. To compound that, it is much more difficult to obtain an RB1 than it is a WR1.

An aging RB and two 2nds isn't that big of a price tag to upgrade by 7 points a week. Still, I'd try and remove one of the 2nd rd picks just 'cause.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

UsualSuspects
Starter
Starter

Postby UsualSuspects » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm As a Conner owner, I think that is a fair offer. I don't think highly of Ingram or the 2nd rounds picks though, they just bridge a gap for me. That's a whole lot of meh to upgrade from Cooks to Conner, so I like the deal for the person obtaining Conner.

A few posters previously mentioned they value Cooks more than Conner which I think is way off. Conner averaged 22 ppg where as Cooks averaged 15. To compound that, it is much more difficult to obtain an RB1 than it is a WR1.

An aging RB and two 2nds isn't that big of a price tag to upgrade by 7 points a week. Still, I'd try and remove one of the 2nd rd picks just 'cause.
I think it comes down to how locked in that you believe Conner is as an RB1. Do you have any lingering thoughts about Samuels cutting in to Conner's workload. If you believe in Conner with no lingering doubts than I guess that I could see it. Those of us with doubts I think are going to lean towards a still young Cooks.
12 Team PPR - '16 7th '17 1st '18 3rd ‘19 3rd ‘20 5th ‘21 3rd ‘22 7th ‘23 1st
Start- QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/D -All TD’s are 6 pts.
Qb- Hurts, Purdy, Browning
RB- Gibbs, Javontae Williams, Ford, Gainwell, McLaughlin, Mason, E Mitchell
WR- Jaylen Waddle, Aiyuk, Addison, Rice, Downs, Pickens, Marquise Brown, Davis, MT, Chark, Mingo, C Samuel, Douglas, Austin III, Danny Gray
TE- LaPorta, Friermuth, Okonkwo
K- Aubrey, Buttker
2024 picks 2.03, 3.03, 5, 5, 5, 5
2025 picks 2, 3, 4, 5
-----

Team 2-
12 Team Superflex PPR - '24 took over via 3 team dispersal
Start- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex, 1Flex, PPR- passing TD’s 4 pts
Qb- Tua, Stafford, Geno Smith
RB- McCaffrey, Mostert, Kamara, Brian Robinson, Warren, McLaughlin, Rodriguez
WR- Tyreek, DK Metcalf, DaVante Adams, DHop, Godwin, Downs, Gabe Davis, Sutton, Mike Williams, Chark, Mooney, Osborn
TE- Kittle, Kelce, Freiermuth
2024 picks 2.11, 3.01, 3.11, 4.03
2025 picks 3,3,3,3,4,4
------

Team 3

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm

UsualSuspects wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm As a Conner owner, I think that is a fair offer. I don't think highly of Ingram or the 2nd rounds picks though, they just bridge a gap for me. That's a whole lot of meh to upgrade from Cooks to Conner, so I like the deal for the person obtaining Conner.

I think it comes down to how locked in that you believe Conner is as an RB1. Do you have any lingering thoughts about Samuels cutting in to Conner's workload. If you believe in Conner with no lingering doubts than I guess that I could see it. Those of us with doubts I think are going to lean towards a still young Cooks.
I hear ya. To play a little devils advocate -

1. People said the same about Ingram w/ Kamara. Everyone on this thread was saying to dump Kamara at peak value, and that he would regress (his PPG actually went up in 2018 from that of 2017). I rode that dude to a 2nd straight championship.
2. Cooks is only (dare I say that) averaging 15 ppg in that elite offense. There are a lot of mouths to feed... Gurley, Kupp, Woods. He isn't immune to internal competition by any means.

I have a hard time seeing Conner fall off a cliff in production, is all. The only way I see this happening is if they draft an RB early (probably not happening, especially w/ the need at WR given the AB issues currently). Conner wasn't an efficient RB, but he was volume based. I'll always take a fantasy RB1 when given force fed the ball consistently week by week.
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Only Conner owners will think this is a fair trade. Cooks > Conner although by how much depends on how you view Conner and to lesser extent how you view Cooks.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 pm

I agree that Cooks alone is > Conner. Conner has a great story, and was put in the best situation in the league. He's done nothing to indicate that his role will diminish the following season. However, maybe it was just me, but his skill did not impress me at all. I'm no professional talent evaluator, but there was nothing about Conner that stood out to me as making him "special" like some of the other RBs around where he is valued. He is a major sell high candidate for me. Another reason was the direction Pittsburg seems to be going. If AB leaves (unlikely, i know) it changes a lot.
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 pm

As someone who doesn't own Conner or Cooks in any league I think Conner>Cooks, probably by not that much but honestly Ingram and some late 2nds really aren't all that worth it either, to upgrade from a high end WR2 to a top 5-7 RB it seems like a pretty solid deal.

Like others have said it comes down to what you believe Conner really is. I see now reason why he isn't what we saw this year (top 5 Rb) for the next 2 years potentially longer. Cooks is exactly what we know him to be, 75/1100/7 a solid high end WR2 but little upside. He's not and will never be the alpha WR on the Rams.

It's going to be a whole lot easier to replace 15ppg from Cooks with a guy that can average 12ish per game compared to replacing a Conner's 21ppg with a RB that can even get into 12ppg let alone 15-17ppg. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Seattle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Seattle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 pm

cooks = conner

This comes down to how you feel about these guys. Might have to add something either way.
To many leagues to put all teams on here.

Just a big thanks and DLF rules

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 am

saw061600 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm Only Conner owners will think this is a fair trade. Cooks > Conner although by how much depends on how you view Conner and to lesser extent how you view Cooks.
Says the Cooks owner....

Conner was RB6 at 22 PPG. Kamara and Barkley only averaged 2 PPG more than him. I'm not going to trade you that type of guy PLUS another asset, for a WR like Cooks who averages 15 PPG. My Will Fuller (whom everyone on this forum hates) averaged the same weekly production as Cooks. A WR like that is easy to replace.

People on this forum have a serious issue differentiating between production/value & personal preference. Sometimes there is a fine line.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 am
saw061600 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm Only Conner owners will think this is a fair trade. Cooks > Conner although by how much depends on how you view Conner and to lesser extent how you view Cooks.
Says the Cooks owner....

Conner was RB6 at 22 PPG. Kamara and Barkley only averaged 2 PPG more than him. I'm not going to trade you that type of guy PLUS another asset, for a WR like Cooks who averages 15 PPG. My Will Fuller (whom everyone on this forum hates) averaged the same weekly production as Cooks. A WR like that is easy to replace.

People on this forum have a serious issue differentiating between production/value & personal preference. Sometimes there is a fine line.
Ha! Own Conner in a few leagues not listed but do own more Cooks shares overall. As several have said, it depends greatly on how you view the future of Conner and, at this point, the entirety of Pittsburgh. Is Conner a result of scheme/system? How well will any RB do at PIT after AB is gone? Flip side: Cooks produced his numbers while all the pieces were in place and the offense was running smooth. Which one is really more likely to continue production. My money (literally) is on Cooks but nobody really knows, we can only guess.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 am

saw061600 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 am
Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 am
Says the Cooks owner....

Ha! Own Conner in a few leagues not listed but do own more Cooks shares overall. As several have said, it depends greatly on how you view the future of Conner and, at this point, the entirety of Pittsburgh. Is Conner a result of scheme/system? How well will any RB do at PIT after AB is gone? Flip side: Cooks produced his numbers while all the pieces were in place and the offense was running smooth. Which one is really more likely to continue production. My money (literally) is on Cooks but nobody really knows, we can only guess.
More than likely he absolutely is the product of the amazing offensive system in Pitt but why does that matter? If we are talking about Leveon who is going to a new team then yeah sure but Conner is in Pitt for the next 2 years guaranteed and I highly doubt they are going to address the Rb situation when Conner just produced statistically a better season than Bell who wants 17mill annually and Samuels just stepped in and did an admirable job for a 4th round rookie.

I'm sure AB opens the run game up a bit but I'm not buying their whole offense will be THAT much different with or without him. I would guess he effects Juju more than he effects Conner when figuring how defenses will scheme against their offense.