Buy Stud WRs or Keep Promising RBs???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What would you do?

Stay young and build around these RBs
55%
Give up potential for 2-3 years of Stud WRs
45%

Total votes: 11

tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

Buy Stud WRs or Keep Promising RBs???

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:21 am

I have a team that just made the playoffs, and was knocked out in the second round. Getting an offer from a team looking to sell both J. Jones and A. Brown. Generally this is a good time to buy vets but I'm not sure I'm ready to compete just yet with my roster. Any advice would be grateful. 14 teams 8 Starters 2 QB superflex no other min or max. Full PPR, .25 PPC
Newton, Dak, Darnold
Barkley, Guice, Kerryon, Mike Davis
Amari, C. Kirk, C. Godwin, Fuller, Stills, Tre'quan Smith
Hooper, Herndon, Geisicki

I do have a lot more players that I just don't feel are even worth typing but give me a little depth.

He wants Guice/Kerryon/1.11/2.11/T. Williams/D. Cain for AB/J.Jones

RBs are pretty hard to get in my league, and making this deal leaves me with basically just barkley. What do you guys think?

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Buy Stud WRs or Keep Promising RBs???

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am

Id do it purely because thats fantastic value on those 2 players. If u can assemble a team around the big 3 that can compete go for it. Otherwise flip antonio brown and or julio again and I bet you'll be able to get more than what that guy is asking for
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am

Before I read what the actual trade was, I assumed in involved Barkley. I agree with embe, take the trade and flip at least one of those receivers to get back an RB.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

embe5291 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am Id do it purely because thats fantastic value on those 2 players. If u can assemble a team around the big 3 that can compete go for it. Otherwise flip antonio brown and or julio again and I bet you'll be able to get more than what that guy is asking for
I disagree - I don't think the market for guys like AB or Julio is that strong. Those are players who both are on the edge of a cliff, and I doubt you see 2-3 seasons of sustained production from both (or either for that matter). Julio will be 30, and AB 31. Look at Jordy Nelson, he became irrelevant at age 32. There is no way he is going to be able to flip either Julio or AB for more than he paid.

I also don't think that this is 'fantastic value'. KJ was a mid/late first this past draft and Guice was the unanimous 1.2. This is three 1st, a 2nd, and two prospects for both.

FWIW I oppose this trade mostly because you would have absolutely no RB depth if you pulled the trigger, and be in a horrible position by next offseason. If you went after just one or the other, it would make more sense. No reason to add two aging WR's.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am

I'd stay put for now. With ppc, I think you'd be overpaying. If you can get it done with just one of the RBs and substitute the other with a WR, then I think it makes more sense and makes you an instant contender.

tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am I'd stay put for now. With ppc, I think you'd be overpaying. If you can get it done with just one of the RBs and substitute the other with a WR, then I think it makes more sense and makes you an instant contender.
Yeah I was initially only approached about Guice, and then was sent that offer, I agree I don't want 2 WRs that can only depreciate in value. But if I swapped out say Kerryon for Kirk or Godwin you think that would be a good deal?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 am

tbbuc5.dw wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am I'd stay put for now. With ppc, I think you'd be overpaying. If you can get it done with just one of the RBs and substitute the other with a WR, then I think it makes more sense and makes you an instant contender.
Yeah I was initially only approached about Guice, and then was sent that offer, I agree I don't want 2 WRs that can only depreciate in value. But if I swapped out say Kerryon for Kirk or Godwin you think that would be a good deal?
I think it would be worth it.

tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. let me know if you have a thread you'd like my opinion about.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 am
tbbuc5.dw wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am
I think it would be worth it.
x2
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm

I'm confused either by the original post or by the comments.

You can start 0 RBs, according to the original post. So, positional scarcity is entirely irrelevant.

Even with the 0.25 PPC scoring, both Brown and Jones each averaged 3.0+ more points than KJ. Look, I like KJ. And I like Guice. And I am low on both Julio and AB compared to most. But, without positional relevance, I think it is a very safe bet that Julio and AB outperform the RBs over the next couple of years.

Let's also be honest: Guice is still all hype, and KJ is not yet a proven stud.

Given the names involved, the throw-in players and picks don't make much of a difference.

(Also, if there are no positional mins or maxes, then why do you have three TEs?)
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Stay put.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am Guice was the unanimous 1.2.
I don't agree with this. He was a distant third in my rankings and the injury is being ignored as though it has no impact. I'd be selling him if someone truly believed his value remained flat and they were in your position, believing he was the "unanimous" #2.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm

i play in a 12 team .25ppc league (must start 1RB, can start up to 3) and i can relate to the difficulty in acquiring RBs...i can't even imagine what a 14 team league would be like...
i think you can win it all with Antonio and Julio on your roster...that will obviously come at a cost...getting 2 WRs that are declining in value (right or wrong)...
you could always try to dummy down the offer...
with all the drama surrounding Antonio, perhaps you can use it to send Guice and 2nd for Antonio...tell him that Antonio has only done well with Big Ben so far and you don't know where he is going to end up...if that guys really wants out of Antonio..maybe he takes it...
otherwise, you have to decide if you want to get older and go for the $$$...

tbbuc5.dw wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 pm Thanks guys I appreciate the help. let me know if you have a thread you'd like my opinion about.
or, just get out there and answer several posts a week...it has actually helped me to become a better dynasty player...because i love to read dissenting opinions..there are a lot of members that are smarter than me and have changed my mind
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am

I don't like trading for both AJ & Julio but would see if can do a lesser deal for one of them.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 am

I have a rule of not trading for WRs over 26 and RBs over 24 but I wouldn't pass up Julio and AB for that..

I mean KJ looked good but was hurt a lot and who knows what Det does , Guice is said to be a future stud but he is only a 2 down back and already missed a year.

Edit- You get Julio , AB to go with Barkley and your other WRs you are a insta competitor , You might need to move some pieces for a nice buy low RB2 though , Try to stay young on the 2nd RB though you have a lot of WR trade bait , I would look to sell high on Cooper.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR