What to do with this team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FeartheRavens06
Role Player
Role Player

What to do with this team?

Postby FeartheRavens06 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am

12 team .5 ppr and IDP

Finished 8-5 and knocked out in the semis. I think I've got a lot of good players across the board. This team is a perennial contender, is always in the playoffs and always in top half of points forced. But has not won a championship since 2013, just can't put it all together

Starting requirements
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX
DL DL LB LB DB DB D-FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: CMC, Michel, Henry, Coleman, Penny, AP, Lynch, Ekeler, B Powell
WR: OBJ, Diggs, Cooks, Baldwin, Jeffery, Jordy, Allison
TE: Graham, Herndon, Seals-Jones
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Nassib
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, J Brown (TEN), J Brown (SD), McMillan
DB: Collins, Adams, Bates, Tartt
2019 - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

TE is a clear spot to improve in my eyes. What would you do to finally get this team over the hump? There are two teams in this league who DOMINATE year in and year out. One has Rivers, Kamara, Fournette, Conner, MT, Thielen, Engram and the other has Mayfield, Gurley, A Jones, Hunt, Nuk, Allen, Ertz. I feel like I should be up there with these top points forced teams but for whatever reason it just isn't happening.

What do you suggest?
11th year ESPN, 0.5 PPR, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1 IDP FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Henry, Michel, Penny, Coleman, AP, Ekeler
WR: OBJ, Adams, Diggs, Cooks, Jeffery, Allison, Moncrief
TE: Herndon, Doyle, Seals-Jones
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, McMillan, J Brown (TEN)
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Weatherly, Vernon
DB: Collins, Adams, Tartt, Bates, Peppers

throwaway1604
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What to do with this team?

Postby throwaway1604 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:58 am

Is there an owner in your league who owns Howard or Njoku and one of the 3 top tier guys ? In my league I owned both Kittle and Njoku and recently moved Njoku for a projected early 2020 1st and Jimmy G. I love Njoku but I wasn't planning on sitting Kittle. Perhaps there is an owner with a similar situation. Baldwin may be a good sell based on him being older, having a good finish to the year, and you wanting some young WR talent. Don't play IDP so can't help you there
All teams settings:
NON-Superflex, Full PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

10 Team
QB: Rodgers, Tannehil, Lance
RB: Cook, Chubb, Taylor, Hunt, Drake, Davis, Mattison, Penny
WR: MT, Nuk, Evans, Hill, Sutton, D. Smith, OBJ, E Moore, Renfrow
TE: Kittle, Schultz, Higbee, Njoku
22: 3rd, 4th
23: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
24: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 team
QB: Ryan, Hurts
RB: Taylor, Mixon, Henderson, Bernard, Michel, Mcnichols
WR: DJM, Sutton, Thielen, Gallup, OBJ, Toney, Kirk, Mims, Harry, Slayton
TE: Kittle, Pitts

22: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
23: 1st, 3rd (x2), 4th
24: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team
QB: Jackson, Mayfield
RB: Taylor, J. Williams, Mack, Guice, D. Evans
WR: AJB, Godwin, Toney, Harry, Reynolds, Wilson
TE: Jonnu, Doyle
22: 1st, 2nd (x3), 4th
23: 1st (x3), 2nd (x2), 3rd (x2), 4th
24: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd (x2), 4th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am

You need more studs. Without having a 1st round pick, it's going to be difficult to trade for one. I'd try to sell high on Henry and package him with one of (Baldwin, Jeffery, Jordy) for a better WR. I'd also wait till Coleman signs with a new team and sell high. I wouldn't worry too much about TE right now because that's usually an easier position to find production from.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:47 am

Using Henry to upgrade your WR, either straight up or as a package seems like the best idea to me too.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am You need more studs. Without having a 1st round pick, it's going to be difficult to trade for one. I'd try to sell high on Henry and package him with one of (Baldwin, Jeffery, Jordy) for a better WR. I'd also wait till Coleman signs with a new team and sell high. I wouldn't worry too much about TE right now because that's usually an easier position to find production from.
I think he should trade CMC and OBJ to The Iron Vikings team in that league...for cheap.

I don’t disagree that anytime you can add a stud to your team, you do it. But I don’t think this team is necessarily hurting for studs.

QB: You have a top 5 QB in Luck and a solid backup in Stafford.

RB: CMC is a stud, pure and simple. Your RB2 could use an upgrade though. Henry is a solid play but i just don’t trust that offense. Use Henry+ to upgrade RB2. Michel, Penny, and Coleman all have potential to fill in that RB2 spot, but all have question marks as well. Depending on Coleman’s value when he signs, he might be a sell high.

WR: You have two studs in OBJ and Diggs. Behind them, you have a very solid Cooks at your WR3. Baldwin is nice depth at WR and solid Flex play. Jeffery is ok depth (NJT a fan personally). Jordy is over the hill but I guess still worth a bench spot. Allison is a big question mark as well.

TE: Graham has been a colossal disappointment (I own him a few places) and is at best a bye week TE replacement. I don’t even see him as top 12 anymore, even though he may statistically be top 12. I like Herndon as the future TE in NYJ but that offense is a question mark. I think he has potential to be a low end TE1. I don’t know what to think of RSJ. I was high on him coming into this season but have since soured.

Not gonna go crazy on the IDP guys but I think you are ok there.

Your team is easily an annual playoff contender, but those two powerhouse teams make it hard to advance past the semis (believe me I know). If you can strengthen your team and also weaken theirs at the same time, you would be doing us both a solid. Upgrading your TE1, your RB2, and your WR3 spots would be my goal, in that order.

That’s what I would try to do if it were my team.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am You need more studs. Without having a 1st round pick, it's going to be difficult to trade for one. I'd try to sell high on Henry and package him with one of (Baldwin, Jeffery, Jordy) for a better WR. I'd also wait till Coleman signs with a new team and sell high. I wouldn't worry too much about TE right now because that's usually an easier position to find production from.
I think he should trade CMC and OBJ to The Iron Vikings team in that league...for cheap.

I concur, except I'd make sure to check with the Misfits squad for a slightly better price. For example if you were going to get 75 cents on the dollar from the Iron Vikings, the Misfits, from what I know of them, might be willing to go to 82 cents on the dollar.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:50 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

I concur, except I'd make sure to check with the Misfits squad for a slightly better price. For example if you were going to get 75 cents on the dollar from the Iron Vikings, the Misfits, from what I know of them, might be willing to go to 82 cents on the dollar.
I think we may turn this thread into a bidding war. Haha. But seriously I wouldn’t do much to this roster. Maybe a small upgrade here and there, but nothing drastic.

Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 am

I would look to add a better TE but resist the temptation to tinker with it more than that.
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD