Startup Trade Help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Startup Trade Help

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:04 pm

In the middle of a startup draft and don’t have my team filled out yet, however I’d like some input on the below trade offer. Please keep in mind I currently have 5 2020 1st rounders and going for the long term game. PPR format:

I give:
Joe Mixon
Kenny Golladay
Dede Westbrook
2 2020 1st rounders

I get:
David Johnson
Odell Beckham
2019 1.11

Just on the surface which side do you like more? I’ll still have 3 2020 1st rounders to build on.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Re: Startup Trade Help

Postby jonf86 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 pm

In probably every setting, I'd call that a win for you. Great job!
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 pm

I get why many/most would likely say to do it on the surface. But, I wouldn't.

You're going for the long term, right? Then Mixon >>> DJ. And, by 2020, OBJ would nearing the point where WRs start to fade and/or lose value. I'm not sure that, in 2020, OBJ will be undoubtedly worth more than Golladay -- but I am damn confident that Mixons will be worth a lot more than DJ -- and possibly OBJ, too!

You might also get advice that "this is a cheap price to pay for OBJ; just flip him". In my experience, that is faaaar easier said than done. Not sure that you'd get more for flipping OBJ than what you gave up.

Add in the two 2020 1st-rounders -- each of which is likely to be higher and in a better projected draft class than 1.11 in 2019 -- and I actually think that the long-term play (and maybe even the short-term play!) is keeping your guys.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 am

MattDeezy wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:04 pm In the middle of a startup draft and don’t have my team filled out yet, however I’d like some input on the below trade offer. Please keep in mind I currently have 5 2020 1st rounders and going for the long term game. PPR format:

I give:
Joe Mixon
Kenny Golladay
Dede Westbrook
2 2020 1st rounders

I get:
David Johnson
Odell Beckham
2019 1.11

Just on the surface which side do you like more? I’ll still have 3 2020 1st rounders to build on.
I’d keep your assets. Like Moishetreats said, if you’re playing for the long run then keep your young assets and 1st rounders.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 am

think i gotta go with dj and obj here. the price to upgrade from mixon and golladay to dj and obj is only a first and westbrook, thats cheap.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Tough call. If this trade vaults you into early contention I would do it. You never know what happens to all of your other players between now and 2020.

If you're somehow not a contender with this trade, then wait it out...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 am think i gotta go with dj and obj here. the price to upgrade from mixon and golladay to dj and obj is only a first and westbrook, thats cheap.
This. Obj is only a year older than golladay and should have a different qb throwing him the ball soon. I think the gap between DJ and Mixon is closer than obj and golladay. Westbrook could be something if the jags find a qb, but that’s no guarantee

bvale13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bvale13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:31 pm

i would not do this trade. Keep your fist rounders to leverage for any team needs next year.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 pm

moishetreats wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 pm I get why many/most would likely say to do it on the surface. But, I wouldn't.

You're going for the long term, right? Then Mixon >>> DJ. And, by 2020, OBJ would nearing the point where WRs start to fade and/or lose value. I'm not sure that, in 2020, OBJ will be undoubtedly worth more than Golladay -- but I am damn confident that Mixons will be worth a lot more than DJ -- and possibly OBJ, too!

You might also get advice that "this is a cheap price to pay for OBJ; just flip him". In my experience, that is faaaar easier said than done. Not sure that you'd get more for flipping OBJ than what you gave up.

Add in the two 2020 1st-rounders -- each of which is likely to be higher and in a better projected draft class than 1.11 in 2019 -- and I actually think that the long-term play (and maybe even the short-term play!) is keeping your guys.
Going to have to agree with moishetreats here. If you are playing the long game, then I would keep what you have.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:04 am

While the value may be even/fair, you said yourself you were playing the long game. Those young players and picks probably fit your draft concept better. While OBJ is young as well, DJ is not for a RB. He doesn't have quite the wear and tear of other RBs his age, but he isn't going to light it up in their current offense as well as he did a few years back. Stay the course, see how your team looks after a few games next season, then decide what to do with those 2020 picks then. You could trade a few then to fill holes for a push or strategize how to use them to get more good young players that would mature with Mixon and Golladay. The picks will only gain in value as your leaguemates start to drool over the supposed spectacular class.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

I would stay put....Golladay/2 2020 picks for OBJ is about even (2020 draft should be good if im not mistaken) but I think Golladay is the real deal and will only get better.

Mixon/Dede > DJ/2019 late first

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Mixon>=dj
1.11=future first
Obj >>>>> rest