Just won my first ship, are there big moves to make to repeat?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Just won my first ship, are there big moves to make to repeat?

Postby sammyz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:42 pm

14th year playing Dynasty, my 3rd finals appearance but my first win. I feel like I've got a very solid team going forward, who knows what the rookie landscape will do to the league next year, but I like my youth at most positions and like my chances. Coming off of a win do people like to mostly roll with what worked last year or make big moves to aggressively pursue another? FWIW, my league is fairly trade averse and you can only usually get a deal by intentional overpays. I have a few places I could see myself doing that though. I've got the 1.10 as league winner but the name "first round pick" still carries weight.

This is for the team in the sig, would you guys think I should just roll into the draft with what I have or deal some to try to upgrade at WR and TE?

I get back Guice next year which hopefully will be a big step in the right direction and I suspect DJ Moore and Juju will as well. My biggest area of weakness is pretty clearly TE. Should I just hold onto my 1st and go for Fant if he's available? If I can deal Daesean Hamilton, Baldwin and 1.10 for Dallas Goedert and 2.1 should I do it?
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Re: Just won my first ship, are there big moves to make to repeat?

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:50 pm

I would just stand pat and draft Fant if available. No reason to move all those assets for a TE like Goedert who is promising yet unproven. I'd think Baldwin alone should fetch a TE like Goedert depending on what that selling teams situation is like.

If you're worried about Fant being gone by 1.10, you could package an aging player such as Baldwin and your 1.10 to move up to 1.5ish.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Just won my first ship, are there big moves to make to repeat?

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:13 pm

I would trade Baldwin for a young promising TE or a very early 2nd but that's about it. Don't move all those pieces for Goeddert and 2.1, Goeddert will still be a few years before he breaks out of Ertz's shadow. I doubt Fant goes in the 1st round of a 10 team league so I would look to get the highest pick possible for Baldwin and grab him there while still acquiring value with the 1.10. You have 2 incredible RB's and Guice will help but if any of them goes down your season could be in trouble so that's the next place I'd look to add depth.