Moving McCaffrey

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Weber27
Starter
Starter

Moving McCaffrey

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:56 pm

I have been rebuilding this team for the past 2 years and finally made the playoffs and finished 3rd. If I had better TE play or AJ Green would have been healthy for the 2nd round of playoffs I could have won it all.

Looking at my roster what moves could I make to take me over the top?

I am currently in trade talks an owner Trading away - CMC, AJ Green and Marlon Mack - Getting back - Nick Chubb and Hopkins. Would this be a trade worth making to boost my WRs, while also keeping my RBs strong with Barkley, Chubb and Kerryon?
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Moving McCaffrey

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Part of me wants to say stay put because I think CMC is the best piece here. However, it would bring your team more balance and youth and I like the idea of selling AJG while you still can and selling Mack high. You can get Hopkins and still have a great trio of RB, so go for it.

CMC >= Hopkins
Mack and AJG < Chubb

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:16 pm

I say either drop Mack or drop AJG from your side and the deal is more fair.

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:16 pm I say either drop Mack or drop AJG from your side and the deal is more fair.
Ya I tried without Mack and it was turned down. I added mack to sweeten the deal. Maybe add draft picks and remove Mack?
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:04 pm Part of me wants to say stay put because I think CMC is the best piece here. However, it would bring your team more balance and youth and I like the idea of selling AJG while you still can and selling Mack high. You can get Hopkins and still have a great trio of RB, so go for it.

CMC >= Hopkins
Mack and AJG < Chubb
I agree, CMC is the best piece, but I think Hopkins might be the best WR in the league. I also think Mack could be a huge loss if he remains the starter, but his value could be gone if Bell or Ingram or someone signs there. So it's a risk. I just want to be more complete. I feel like I relied on my RBs and Mahomes all year and only getting production out of juju and sometimes a flyer would get me points. Tough call!

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Weber27 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:04 pm Part of me wants to say stay put because I think CMC is the best piece here. However, it would bring your team more balance and youth and I like the idea of selling AJG while you still can and selling Mack high. You can get Hopkins and still have a great trio of RB, so go for it.

CMC >= Hopkins
Mack and AJG < Chubb
I agree, CMC is the best piece, but I think Hopkins might be the best WR in the league. I also think Mack could be a huge loss if he remains the starter, but his value could be gone if Bell or Ingram or someone signs there. So it's a risk. I just want to be more complete. I feel like I relied on my RBs and Mahomes all year and only getting production out of juju and sometimes a flyer would get me points. Tough call!
I just don't think getting rid of the RB1 and RB2 is a good idea, whats wrong with riding your RB's to fantasy championships? CMC and Saquon score way more points per game than Dhop and both are 4 years younger and have the ideal skillset to be amazing RB for very long time.

What RB's do the Adams and MT owners have?

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 pm

I disagree that CMC is the best piece here. I'd take Nuk straight up regardless of roster. He had a great year but I expect regression. Getting Chubb back for an ageing and often injured AJG and an RB that might not even be the starter next year makes it an easy one for me.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am

McCaffery is easily the best piece here but it wouldn't surprise me if Chubb is the second best piece by some time next season. There is just something about the trade that would make me want to hold out for more
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:03 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am McCaffery is easily the best piece here but it wouldn't surprise me if Chubb is the second best piece by some time next season. There is just something about the trade that would make me want to hold out for more
You have CMC over Hopkins? Not arguing, but you say "easily", and most would argue that CMC is easily the best piece over Hopkins, unless you mean specifically on the CMC side.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:04 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:03 am
skip wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am McCaffery is easily the best piece here but it wouldn't surprise me if Chubb is the second best piece by some time next season. There is just something about the trade that would make me want to hold out for more
You have CMC over Hopkins? Not arguing, but you say "easily", and most would argue that CMC is easily the best piece over Hopkins, unless you mean specifically on the CMC side.
Essentially matched his reception total but with the yardage and TD opportunities as an RB, CMC is well ahead of Hopkins so yes... Easily. And to put it into perspective, Hopkins is having his best season as a pro and yet is still trailing McCaffery by 70 points. Before the question is asked if I think McCaffery can repeat his numbers - yes, he can. And don't look now, but the #1 RB discussion isn't just Barkley vs Gurley...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:05 am

keebs3 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 pm I disagree that CMC is the best piece here. I'd take Nuk straight up regardless of roster. He had a great year but I expect regression. Getting Chubb back for an ageing and often injured AJG and an RB that might not even be the starter next year makes it an easy one for me.
What makes you expect regression for CMC? He’s only been getting his monster workload/TD totals in the second half of the season, he’s 22, was a top 10 Pick and is tied to a ageing QB who the coaching staff wants to limit in the run game. The only possible justification for a regression imo is potential injury given his size but he’s been a model of good health since his time at Stanford.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:34 am

For me, I think you can make this trade with no regrets...

CMC=Hopkins

Chubb > Mack / AJG (due to age).

I own Mack and am not optimistic, he has had 3-4 really solid performances, outside of that meh. This boils down to if you think Chubb will be a stud, and I personally believe he will.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:46 am

I like the Hopkins side.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:32 am

I think you're overpaying a bit, because CMC has shown to be a capable point scorer. He is probably a tier ahead of Hopkins, although both are top 10 startup selections. The question comes down to the worth of AJG and Mack compared to Chubb. Chubb showed me enough to try unsuccessfully to pry him away from teams in leagues in which I don't own him already. Even with AJs age and injuries, that side of the package scores such that it makes them at least equal to, if not a little greater than Chubb. I'd ask for a 2020 2nd on top. I like the Hopkins/Chubb side, but the value leans a little toward what you're giving up than receiving.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:04 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:03 am
Essentially matched his reception total but with the yardage and TD opportunities as an RB, CMC is well ahead of Hopkins so yes... Easily. And to put it into perspective, Hopkins is having his best season as a pro and yet is still trailing McCaffery by 70 points. Before the question is asked if I think McCaffery can repeat his numbers - yes, he can. And don't look now, but the #1 RB discussion isn't just Barkley vs Gurley...
100% agree, At this point I'm tempted to put Gurley towards the bottom of that tier behind Barkley and CMC. I see no reason why any of them will have a dropoff in production so then I lean towards giving the nod to the younger back and the back that just broke the all time receptions record for a RB....talk about safest floor in football.