Jarvis or 1.6+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Jarvis or 1.6+

Jarvis
81%
1.6 and 2.7
19%

Total votes: 27

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jarvis or 1.6+

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:53 am

jeaton6 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:51 am Surprised to see Landry in a landslide. Baker spreads it around a ton, Landry was pretty inconsistent this year, inconsistent usage, had 4 OT games to pad his stats and yet sitting at WR21 in PPR, WR27 PPG. To me his value is way down given all this and I wasn’t paying 1.6 for him last year. I really don’t see how he’s worth it+ now (even given the supposed “weak” 2019 class). I’d be very happy to move him for a mid 1, but doubt I could get it for him. The picks will gain value this offseason, I doubt Landry will.
I agree that Baker spreads it around a lot and that offense is evolving. However, it still has a good amount of growth potential. Having said that, I think most are betting that it is simply a down year for Landry. Sure I wouldn't expect a top 10 year in PPR for him or to see the amount of short targets like he did in MIA. I do think he could easily hit top 15-20 next year with a full off-season with Cleveland and the coaches they find. Hopefully he isn't solely used on slants and underneath routes like he was in MIA. He's a good receiver that will get the damn ball

The 1.06 on the other hand in this draft is a risky bet. Good luck finding a guy who has consistently been top 20ish even in mediocre offenses.

Edit: you bring up Landry's 4 OT periods. I am not aware but did he actually do well in those 4 OTs to pad his stats? Honestly curious as I'm not sure the best way to go about looking for those stats

jwconnel
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jwconnel » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:46 am

Another Landry vote here. I'm hoping him and Baker continue to grow and his role improves this offseason also.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:19 am

To me it depends on your team (rebuild/contender). I think this is a deep draft with a half dozen WR. Just because there is no Juilo/Calvin that is 6'4 and runs/moves like he is 5'10" does not mean this is a weak draft.

Landry reminds me of Golden Tate in Detroit. I too think this was an off year in a new offense that did not use him correctly. I compare Landry to Tate not only because of their type of game, but their consistency. Not every starter can be a stud, so its nice to have that guy that consistently give you double digit points and a surprise touchdown here and there.

If I am in a rebuild, the picks, and if I am making a push, I would love to have Landry in my flex or WR2 for the next five years with what I think is a great young qb throwing him the ball.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 am

I'm one of the biggest Landry haters around, so I wouldn't give 1.06 alone for him. He was hugely dependent on a high volume of short targets from Tannehill in MIA. We've seen that even with a high target share in a functional CLE offense, he hasn't been productive because his niche is being a slot WR as an outlet target for dumpoffs. Even then, Mayfield is mobile enough to not check it down all the time. That said, if you think you can sell Landry for more to another team in the league, then I'd consider it.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:03 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 am I'm one of the biggest Landry haters around, so I wouldn't give 1.06 alone for him. He was hugely dependent on a high volume of short targets from Tannehill in MIA. We've seen that even with a high target share in a functional CLE offense, he hasn't been productive because his niche is being a slot WR as an outlet target for dumpoffs. Even then, Mayfield is mobile enough to not check it down all the time. That said, if you think you can sell Landry for more to another team in the league, then I'd consider it.
I never thought about it that way. Good take, thanks
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:53 am
jeaton6 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:51 am Surprised to see Landry in a landslide. Baker spreads it around a ton, Landry was pretty inconsistent this year, inconsistent usage, had 4 OT games to pad his stats and yet sitting at WR21 in PPR, WR27 PPG. To me his value is way down given all this and I wasn’t paying 1.6 for him last year. I really don’t see how he’s worth it+ now (even given the supposed “weak” 2019 class). I’d be very happy to move him for a mid 1, but doubt I could get it for him. The picks will gain value this offseason, I doubt Landry will.
I agree that Baker spreads it around a lot and that offense is evolving. However, it still has a good amount of growth potential. Having said that, I think most are betting that it is simply a down year for Landry. Sure I wouldn't expect a top 10 year in PPR for him or to see the amount of short targets like he did in MIA. I do think he could easily hit top 15-20 next year with a full off-season with Cleveland and the coaches they find. Hopefully he isn't solely used on slants and underneath routes like he was in MIA. He's a good receiver that will get the damn ball

The 1.06 on the other hand in this draft is a risky bet. Good luck finding a guy who has consistently been top 20ish even in mediocre offenses.

Edit: you bring up Landry's 4 OT periods. I am not aware but did he actually do well in those 4 OTs to pad his stats? Honestly curious as I'm not sure the best way to go about looking for those stats
Perhaps I should have said “potentially” pad his stats but that he did little with that extra opportunity. He had 2/34 this year in 4 OTs. It’s available on NFL.com under situational stats.

I understand the argument I’m just not a believer that it will come to fruition. He was used so much on short routes due to a lack of a running game in Miami for all those years. This will not be the case in Cleveland and I don’t expect him to ever approach 100 receptions again. He’s likely to be more of an 80/1000/5 guy going forward. Fine if competing as a WR3 but if I’m using him as a WR2 I’m uncomfortable.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:17 pm

I agree. You wouldn't necessarily want him as your WR2 but the numbers you illustrated would be good for WR 20-25 range this season and are only slightly better than what he has done in his "off year" this season. Just saying I'd bet on the same or better next year and think that is well worth an unknown mid 1st round pick

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:55 pm

To me it's Landry and not close. Guy was WR21 with a rook at QB. His career stats tell me what I need to know about him as a player. In this weak class I'd happily move much higher picks for him
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:20 pm

mclilj wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:55 pm To me it's Landry and not close. Guy was WR21 with a rook at QB. His career stats tell me what I need to know about him as a player. In this weak class I'd happily move much higher picks for him
Way too early without fully scouting the rookie class but... You're on the clock at 1.01 and Landry is there. Are you taking him?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:20 pm
mclilj wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:55 pm To me it's Landry and not close. Guy was WR21 with a rook at QB. His career stats tell me what I need to know about him as a player. In this weak class I'd happily move much higher picks for him
Way too early without fully scouting the rookie class but... You're on the clock at 1.01 and Landry is there. Are you taking him?
If you have the 1.01 because you finished last then you need a bigger hit than Landry. I'd shoot for upside and take the best WR on the board which will likely be AJ Brown.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Not a weak class at WR. At WR, it's actually one of the deeper ones in years, but there is no "elite" standout talent in this years class pre-draft. The 1.06 is could easily net a WR that can start, if you make the right choice. However, Landry is a safe play. His numbers have dipped, and he will never produce the way he did in Miami, IMO. It's all about risk vs reward. Landry will be a WR2 and 1.06 may be more or less, depending on who you pick.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick