Off-Season Deep Stashes

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HailState89
Role Player
Role Player

Off-Season Deep Stashes

Postby HailState89 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am

I posted this about 3 weeks ago on r/DynastyFF but figured I would post it here. Some of the snap count info could be out dated btw.

I've come up with a deep stash (some are super deep, some not so deep) for each NFL team. I'm sure you guys can probably give some other names, so please give suggestions in the comments. I tried to come up with players that might not be rostered in 12 team, 25 player roster leagues. Hopefully this can help some of you guys that just missed the playoffs and need to purge your team and add some lottery tickets before the off-season starts.

AFC East

Patriots - Jacob Hollister, TE - Good pass-catching TE, but injury prone. Who knows what Gronk will do after this season
Dolphins - Leonte Carroo, WR - FA next year - was last week his breakout game? Played 42% of snaps last game. Fool me once though...
Bills - Robert Foster, WR - Foster is a FA next year. Played 57% of snaps last week - 2nd most on team. Caught a long bomb for a TD. Was a good player at Alabama that is becoming quite the deep threat for the Bills.
Jets - Trenton Cannon, RB - Cannon made some headlines during the preseason, but fell down the depth chart once the season started. He showcased some of his skill after the Bilal Powell injury, but he has once again slid down the depth chart with the return of Elijah McGuire.

AFC West

Chiefs - Demarcus Robinson, WR - Could be Chief's WR3 next year if Chris Conley leaves in FA. Super-fast and good complimentary piece for the Chiefs.
Chargers - Dylan Cantrell, WR - 6th Round pick last year. Currently on Chargers' PS. Tyrell Williams will be a FA and Travis Benjamin isn't a threat.
Broncos - River Cracraft, WR - He has a cool name. Edelman type slot player that could slide into that role as soon as 2019 if the Broncos trade/cut Emanuel Sanders.
Raiders - Marcell Ateman, WR - Over the last 2 games, Ateman has played 81%+ of snaps and most on the team over that time period. Out of college, some believed Ateman was more talent than college teammate James Washington

AFC North

Steelers - Ryan Switzer, WR - Swtizer has bounced around a few teams over the past year, but has started to carve a role for himself in Pittsburgh. He's a slot receiver in a high powered offense.
Ravens - Jordan Lasley, WR - Was a 3rd/4th pick in rookie drafts but has been healthy all year and hasn't played a snap - could have been dropped in your league. John Brown is a FA this year and if he doesn't resign, opens up snaps for the 6th round pick. There isn't much behind JB and Crabtree.
Bengals - Auden Tate, WR - The 7th Round pick finally got on the field last week and was targeted a couple times in the Red Zone. Tate is a super longshot.
Browns - Damion Ratley, WR - The 6th round rookie out of Texas A&M has shown flashes but has fallen behind Higgins/Perriman the last 2-3 weeks. Higgins is a RFA and Perriman only signed a 1 year deal.

AFC South

Texans - Jordan Thomas, TE - Although drafted after Jordan Akins, Thomas has actually out snapped him in the last 7 games. Big body and even played WR in college.
Colts - Deon Cain, WR - Currently on IR but had a great pre-season. Would have probably won the WR2 job if not for the injury. Grant, Rogers, and Inman are all FAs next year
Titans - Anthony Firkser, TE - I know he's behind Jonnu and presumably a healthy Delanie Walker next year, but he went to Harvard and he'll bring the average IQ of your team way up.
Jaguars - Allen Lazard, WR - At one point, Lazard was considered a top prospect. He's a big bodied WR that could potentially move to TE, which the Jets are severely lacking.

NFC East

Cowboys - Cedrick Wilson, WR - 6th Round Pick that has been on IR the entire year. Displayed some deep threat potential during training camp. Not the deepest position for the Cowboys.
Redskins - Cam Sims, WR - Sims was outstanding in the preseason before going on IR. Shallow receiving groups is a theme in the NFC East.
Eagles - Dorren Miller, WR - Practice Squad WR. This is a deeeeeeeeeepppppppp stash, but the Eagles WR group is leaving a lot to be desired this year. Mack Hollins bombed during training camp when he had a chance to step up.
Giants - Kyle Lauletta, QB - Eli doesn't have much longer and the 2019 QB class doesn't look very strong, so Lauletta may have a chance to prove if he's the answer or not.

NFC West

Rams - Malcolm Brown, RB - RFA in 2019, could find a spot where he isn't behind a bellcow if the Rams decide to let Brown walk and roll with John Kelly as Gurley's backup.
Seahawks - Will Dissly, TE - Broke onto the scene in Weeks 1 and 2, but he got hurt in Week 4 and placed on IR. 4th round pick that may have been dropped in your league, but he should have a pretty clear path to playing time in 2019.
Cardinals - Chad Williams, WR - There isn't much on this roster to choose from. Williams had high expectations this year, but failed to live up to the hype. Larry Fitzgerald could also retire.
49ers - Kendrick Bourne, WR - Has been starting in place of Garcon and has flashed when given the chance.

NFC North

Bears - Taquon Mizzell, RB - 5 star recruit coming out of high school. Bears have kept him active the last few weeks and have also given him meaningful touches. Jordan Howard hasn't shown much to be excited about this year.
Vikings - Chad Beebe, WR - Hard worker, student, gritty, tenacious.
Packers - Jake Kumerow, WR - Preseason STAR that may be activated by the Packers in the final quarter of the season. Grab him before it's too late.
Lions - Brandon Powell, WR - Golden Tate compared Powell to himself. Now Powell may eventually take over the role that Tate left behind.

NFC South

Saints - Dan Arnold, TE - Arnold may be showing his goods prematurely, so snatch him up now. The only thing between Arnold and becoming a startable TE in a desolate TE landscape is an 80 year old Ben Watson.
Panthers - Ian Thomas, TE - Greg Olsen and his 2 catches for 7 yards a week won't cut it for the Panthers for much longer. Thomas was drafted as Olsen's replacement.
Falcons - Ito Smith, RB - He's owned, I know, but the Falcons don't have many deep options. With Tevin Coleman likely headed for a big payday from another team, Ito has the opportunity to tag team with Devonta Freeman and frustrate fantasy owners for a couple more years.
Buccaneers - Justin Watson, WR - Djax carries a large cap hit for the Bucs in 2019, so I'd be surprised if he's not cut/traded. Adam Humphries is an UFA after this season. Watson was a 5th round pick in 2018 that could step into the Humphries role in 2019.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Re: Off-Season Deep Stashes

Postby jonf86 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Nice list! I feel like I've seen so many posts on Cain, I'd probably try to trade him right before the season starts next year.

Good call on Switzer. He's carved out a nice role on the Steelers.

For the Patriots I'd add Braxton Berrios. The Pats WR core isn't very young and maybe Berrios can play that Welker/Edelman/Amendola role eventually
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

HailState89
Role Player
Role Player

Postby HailState89 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 pm

I couldn't decide between Berrios or Hollister. I like both.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Thank you for the write up
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram