Potential Gurley trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Potential Gurley trade

Postby tom14cat14 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi everyone, My starscream team below. I just got knocked out of the playoffs and this league has no trade deadline. I have had a few ask about Gurley. I told one guy I would consider but the offer would have to involve mixon. He has a bunch of rookie WR that interest me but not sure if it is enough.

One guy has mentioned Give Gurley and get Mixon, Kirk, plus minimum of 1 other WR -Pettis, Tre'Quan, Washington, Ross
I am not sure how many WR I should be asking for. He does have his pick too(probably 1.12) Should I consider anything like this? How much or should I be considering other offers such as?????

Another owner has 1.01 a late 1st and Guice. I told him I didnt see an offer that would work. I dont think that is enough for Gurley. He has 2 2nds and Kupp.

Leading thought is to just hold because Gurley can cover up weak spots in your lineup.

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Re: Potential Gurley trade

Postby Major_Loser » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 pm

As a Gurley owner nothing you mentioned is close. It would take something like Mixon AND the 1.01 to be even taken serious.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Hard pass on those offers. Those WRs all look like number 2s at best. I dont own Gurley but I do own Barkley. Someone will literally have to floor me before I move him. Make someone offer you something that you cant refuse. Until then hold onto your franchise.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:00 am

Not enough to consider moving Gurley

24FlavorsofFun
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 24FlavorsofFun » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 am

To move the #1 dynasty asset. You need another top 5-10 stud included ++.
Fig Newtons - 12 team superflex .5 ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, Flex, SF
QB - Dak, Brissett, Purdy
RB - Najee, Swift, J.Robinson, D.Henderson, McKinnon,
WR - M.Thomas, D.Hop, DJ Moore, Miller, G.Davis, MVS
TE - Kittle, Gesicki, Hockenson
Picks: 2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Young Newts - 14 team .25 ppr Superflex, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, wr/rb, OP
QB - Allen, Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, L.Bell, Ingram, K.Johnson, Mack, T.Coleman
WR - M.Thomas, OBJ, Woods, Moore, Godwin, R.Anderson
TE - Gesicki, Witten, Irv
Picks: 2022 - 3, 4, 5

DirkaDirka - 12 team PPR Superflex
QB: Mayfield, Allen, M.Ryan, Bridgewater, Mond
RB: Mixon, Swift, Sanders, Ekeler, DJ, Kerryon
WR: Tyreek, A.Cooper, D.Adams, A-Rob, C.Davis, P.Williams, V.Jefferson, Duverney
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Hollister
2022: All picks

Tyrober
Captain
Captain

Postby Tyrober » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:20 am

I dont think the Mixon one is close at all. Guice, 1.01 and another 1st isn't a bad offer though. I wouldn't take it but if he threw Kupp on the table as well I would listen. Trading Gurley requires overpaying

mariettajeff
Starter
Starter

Postby mariettajeff » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:25 am

Why weaken your team to make someone else stronger. Like it was said before, those offers aren't close.
Team 1 Richard Cranium 2015 & 2016 Champion 16 teams 1 PPR 1 QB\1 RB \2 WR \ 1 RB/WR\ 1 TE
Wilson, Mahomes
Gurley, David Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, Darrell Henderson
OBJ, Cooks, Fuller, M. Williams, Courtland Sutton, A.J. Brown
Kelce, Dissly
Butker
Balt, Jets

Team 2 Crushing Steelers 12 teams 1PPR 1QB\2RB\2WR\1TE\1 RB-WR\ 2 I
Allen, Garropolo, Goff
Mixon, Chubb, Mack, Drake,
OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Kirk, Miller, A.J. Brown
Goedert, Hockerson, Fant
Gay
Chicago, SF, Pitt
Lavonte David, Warner, Hicks

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am

Take Guice, 1.01, late 1st, Kupp, and a 2nd if you can't get the Mixon owner to throw in a top 10 WR as well as Mixon. I doubt many took the time to look at your team, its pretty bad. Beyond Gurley, Jarvis, and DJ Moore you don't any pieces that are worth building around. You need to rebuild badly.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am Take Guice, 1.01, late 1st, Kupp, and a 2nd if you can't get the Mixon owner to throw in a top 10 WR as well as Mixon. I doubt many took the time to look at your team, its pretty bad. Beyond Gurley, Jarvis, and DJ Moore you don't any pieces that are worth building around. You need to rebuild badly.
Yea I just sold Gronk and Lamar miller. I got DJ plus. I was 2nd last year(stupid 0 from Jeffery), and top in points until week 8 and fell off a cliff. I knew it would this was a team that was a go for it all a few years ago. Had a nice run but left with me with nothing for the future. So I was hoping to get 1 more payday before not having anyone left on my team other then Gurley. I keep getting QB's as throw in's and but need to figure out how to unload them.

The Mixon owner has Cooks but I figure why would he do that it would give up 2 guys trying to help him win it this year. Yes in the long run it might work but probably hurts his shot this year. I probably would have to send Jeffery too him and then need some more back.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 am

For what its worth, I traded Gurley earlier this season.

I took over orphan that was pretty sad and started trading away the few valuable pieces I had to start over. This was my first experience with dynasty and I wasn't smart enough to look online for a forum like this. I listened to offers for about a week and then pick which one I perceived as the best.

Ended up with Lindsay, Penny, 1.01 or 2, 1.07 or 8

I regret not waiting it out for proven asset + some picks
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:58 am

tom14cat14 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am
Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am Take Guice, 1.01, late 1st, Kupp, and a 2nd if you can't get the Mixon owner to throw in a top 10 WR as well as Mixon. I doubt many took the time to look at your team, its pretty bad. Beyond Gurley, Jarvis, and DJ Moore you don't any pieces that are worth building around. You need to rebuild badly.
Yea I just sold Gronk and Lamar miller. I got DJ plus. I was 2nd last year(stupid 0 from Jeffery), and top in points until week 8 and fell off a cliff. I knew it would this was a team that was a go for it all a few years ago. Had a nice run but left with me with nothing for the future. So I was hoping to get 1 more payday before not having anyone left on my team other then Gurley. I keep getting QB's as throw in's and but need to figure out how to unload them.

The Mixon owner has Cooks but I figure why would he do that it would give up 2 guys trying to help him win it this year. Yes in the long run it might work but probably hurts his shot this year. I probably would have to send Jeffery too him and then need some more back.
Yeah its the natural cycle of competitive leagues to have an older aging roster that falls off and the rebuild begins. Gurley is a top 1-2 dynasty asset as of right now so the only way I would move him is for either 2 top 10 guys (Mixon and Someone better than Cooks IMO) or for a major haul like Guice (1.01 equivalent), 1.01, late 1st, Kupp (1.05 or better equivalent). That's a pretty nice haul for any 1 player, you instantly have 3 solid WR's in Jarvis, Moore, Kupp, you'd replace gurley with one of the better RB prospects in Guice and you would have the 1.01 to either grab the best player in the draft(most likely another WR) and another late 1st to grab another solid prospect to begin the rebuild. You could probably even sell the 1.01 when the hype train really builds for a solid proven RB or WR.

frisco86
Role Player
Role Player

Postby frisco86 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm

not enough for me. I am going against Gurley in the playoffs this week and am dreading it. Dude is the number one player in Dynasty, easy. Do not get those every year. I don't think in playing for 17 years that I have ever had the number one player. So ya, none of those offers seem enough to me. Hope I can take down the Goliath this week.
QB: Mayfield, Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick
RB:David Johnson, Mixon, Chubb, James Robinson, Mattison, K Vaughn
WR: AJG, K Allen, D Adams, JuJu, C Godwin, D Slayton, S Miller
TE: Engram, Kittle
K: Succup
Def.: Arizona

Champions 2006 and 2018. Second a few times in between, again in 2019.

No PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE) 1K 1 1 Def
Drop 7 ea yr. 20 player roster with up to 2 IR

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 pm

I STILL don't know if that is enough. I totally get why it would be attractive for a guy in a rebuild, but that trade basically assumes guice is at minimum a top 10 RB and that the 1.01 will work out in a draft with no Barkley/CMC/Fournette guy. Kupp is a nice add, and would sweeten it a little though I suppose.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I would trade Gurley for Kupp/Guice/1.01 & late 1st
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Oh boy, you guys are making me thing of taking to the Guice owner. If I trade Gurley I want to get a solid young RB in return plus other pieces. That is why the Mixon offer interests me, but the other pieces are all late 1st type players. Hmm