What to do with Brady and Fitz?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Keep Brady and Fitz for a run at the toilet bowl prize of 1.13 pick?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

What to do with Brady and Fitz?

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:03 am

This is about my team in sig where I was kinda gifted Brady and Fitz in a trade for Marlon Mack last week. I'm 3-7 with basically no shot at the playoffs but teams that miss playoffs go into a "toilet bowl" tourney for a shot at winning the 1.13 rookie pick.

My question is...do I hold Brady and Fitz as depth for my bid to win the toilet bowl tourney? Or do I sell them before the week 13 trade deadline for whatever I can get. I probably have at least one buyer for each guy.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Vollie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What to do with Brady and Fitz?

Postby Vollie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 am

Depends on what you get for them… but i would listen to their offers.

Pick #13 in a league without IDP doesn't seem to be too valuable… and you won't even get this pick for sure, if you keep both of them and both could (!) end their careers after this Season...
Im Club gibt's nur den Soundtrack, den Film fährst du dir selbst.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:13 am

Vollie wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 am Depends on what you get for them… but i would listen to their offers.

Pick #13 in a league without IDP doesn't seem to be too valuable… and you won't even get this pick for sure, if you keep both of them and both could (!) end their careers after this Season...
I wouldn't expect to get very much for either of them, mostly because I don't have a lot of buyers for either and I don't have a lot of leverage in negotiations. It would very clearly be a matter of me just trying to get whatever I can before I have nothing at all. I suspect that the value of the 1.13 pick will be more than the combined value of what I could get in exchange for the two players in trade.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 am

I would say you have just as big a chance to win the toilet bowl without them, as you do with.
Your other starters are just as capable putting up big numbers as they are.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 am

I would try to move them for a pick or picks if you could. Maybe a younger player with upside but picks or a young player may be a stretch

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:20 am

I just sold Fitz for Taywan and a 4th :think:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:25 am

btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:20 am I just sold Fitz for Taywan and a 4th :think:
Good deal. I don't think Fitz or Brady are helping you much over your current starters. May as well get something from them and if you win the late 1st then it's just an added bonus

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 am

Too late now, but I was going to suggest packaging both for a 2nd. I don't mind the Fitz for Taywan trade though.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 am Too late now, but I was going to suggest packaging both for a 2nd. I don't mind the Fitz for Taywan trade though.
Ideally yes I'd have done that but there was not a team in my league that really needed both players. My two best Larry Fitz trade partners were loaded with vet QBs. My best Brady trade partner was loaded at WR.

All indications are that Brady plays next year so I likely keep him as I have nothing else behind Russ.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 am

I think Fitz will play one more season too

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 am I think Fitz will play one more season too
That's bold! To be honest I'd think that if he wanted to play anywhere else he would have been traded this year. Staying in Arizona this year tells me he wants to retire in Arizona and his contract expires this year. He's turning 36, retiring seems like the most obvious choice.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 am

he won't play for any other team that's for sure.
his contract is not an issue, they'll pen another one year deal if both parties are happy.
but if Rosen improves and the new OC can get the team on the board, I can see Fitz playing one more season.
especially given how bad this season began, thinking back to this as your final season can't be great!

but yes, it's on the bold side.