Trade Hunter for Rojo

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Hunter Henry vs Ronald Jones

Hunter Henry and a 5th rd late 13-16 pick
57%
Ronald Jones and a 3rd rd early 3-6 pick
43%

Total votes: 7

Gunnar997
Rookie
Rookie

Trade Hunter for Rojo

Postby Gunnar997 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 am

I am one of the people still high on Ronald Jones. I am thinking of offering Hunter Henry and a 5th round late rookie draft pick. For Ronald Jones and a 3rd round early rookie draft pick. Hurting a little for bench RB’s right now. But my TE’s are slim as well. The rookie class of TE’s look to be pretty good this year.
16 Team Dynasty, Roster 20

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

QB- Josh Allen, Daniel Jones
WR- Cooper Kupp, Golden Tate, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, DeVante Parker, N’keal Harry, Dez Bryant
RB- Christian Mccaffery, Todd Gurley, Miles Sanders, Darrius Guice, Bo Scarborough
TE- Hunter Henry, Blake Jarwin
K- Greg Zuerlein, Justin Tucker
D- Rams Defense, Buffalo Defense

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trade Hunter for Rojo

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:59 am

Markus0939 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 amThe rookie class of TE’s look to be pretty good this year.
as good as Hunter Henry??
also, TEs take the most time to adapt to the NFL.
Henry is already a top 5 TE, likely top 3 in a couple of years.

and if you are thin at RB, how much help is Jones realistically going to provide?

losing a nearly elite TE for a middle of the pack RB doesn't seem the best idea.

and I'm sure in the next draft there will be more RBs better than RoJo, than TEs better than Henry.
especially for the next couple of seasons.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 am

I'd keep Henry, but I'm not very high on Jones.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:17 am

It would take far more than a swap of a 3rd and 5th rounder to get me to give up Hunter for Jones.

More like Jones + 2nd for Henry....but I doubt I'd take that. Would just rather have the upside of Henry in a TE wasteland.

Regardless of how you personally view Jones, he's been bad thus far, and his trade value should reflect that. And I'm not talking about bad in the way that Melvin Gordon was bad in his rookie year when MG was turning a negative run into a 3 yard gain, RJ has simply been bad.

RJ does not appear to be above replacement level. He's too small to be a two down thumper, and his hands aren't good enough to be a 3rd down Duke Johnson/James White type. He's basically a tweener, which makes it more difficult for him, because if he doesn't stand out teams will just go back to having their traditional types in those aforementioned RB roles.

Contrast this with Henry who was a great 23 yr old TE last season, and will likely only be better now that we know he'll be the only show in town (the chargers have telegraphed that by not bringing in anyone of significance this season). Last yr, with Henry/Gates on the field the chargers targeted the TE position more than any other team in the NFL, and if you combined those TE targets, they would have accounted for the most RZ targets in the league. Now, there may be regression if we ever see a jump from Mike Williams, but Henry (without Gates around) still has all the tools/situation to be a top 5 TE in the league and at the age of 24.

It would not shock me in the slightest to see Henry grossly outproduce Jones over the course of their respective careers, esp the next 3-5 yrs.