Mark Ingram for Golladay?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 27658
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby Goddard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Maybe it's just me, but Ingram wasn't all that impressive last week. The two TDs were great, but unless he does that every week, he's not going to be a RB1 like some expect. Kamara is also going to be used much, much more than he was in that game. That may have been Ingram's best game of the season, and it wasn't even that great.

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby mrmagloo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:21 am

Give me Kenny all day.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

User avatar
saw061600
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5691
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby saw061600 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:28 am

Golladay. I'm trying to buy Ingram in 2 leagues but not for Golladay. Believe that Ingram will have a decent season but also believe Kamara was rested last week and don't expect the Ingram dominance of touches to last.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
JimmyG Winston TruB Finley Mariota
Bell Chubb DFreeman Sony DMonty RFreeman RoJo Hines Snell
Evans Cooper ARob Boyd Watkins Agholor NHarry MWill JJAW Isabella Keke AMiller
Kelce Andrews Jonnu
Watt Williams Richardson Taylor Graham
Davis Collins Mosley Kendricks Bucannon DCampbell DJones DLee Compton
Adams Vaccaro Joseph Iloka McLeod Williams

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Dak Rivers Herbert
Mixon DHenry Ekeler Penny DEvans Duke Bowden Snell Armstead
Julio Cooper ARob DK Cooks Perriman BEdwards Isabella Stills
Kelce Andrews
Hunter Barnett Clark Crosby G-Matur
Kendricks Warner Perryman Milano Campbell Baker ShaqT Holcomb
Budda Neal Clark

12TM .5PPR 45RST
Wilson Rivers Dalton
Freeman Henry AP JHow Ajayi Nyheim Ito Justice Snell Barnes Tvon
Cooks Amari ARob Landry Watkins Keke Samuel JJAW Isabella
Ertz Andrews Herndon
NBosa Garrett Barnett Clark Leo
Perryman Lee JBrown Milano Wright Baker Tavai Burks
Jones Geathers SWill Abram

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby mrmagloo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:28 am

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:48 pm
Well I am not a Saints fan so not really interested in a jersey bet, but I have marked a reminder on my calendar to bring this thread back up end of season and we can see who was right. I guess I only referenced your statement that Ingram isn't the #1 RB on his team and I wanted to know what that was based on. He had like 400 more rushing yards than Kamara last year. And obviously they both can be Top 10 RBs. I suppose the WR64 reference was just to make the point that you are banking on Golloday to do something he hasn't done yet. While that is part of the fun, I typically don't like to gamble when I have a titel-ready team.

I will gladly throw a casual $20 on that bet though... enough for a nice 12-pack.
I hope that 12 pack is Guinness.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby wildabeast49 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 am

Easily Golladay.
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5385
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 am

Goddard wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Maybe it's just me, but Ingram wasn't all that impressive last week. The two TDs were great, but unless he does that every week, he's not going to be a RB1 like some expect. Kamara is also going to be used much, much more than he was in that game. That may have been Ingram's best game of the season, and it wasn't even that great.
He had 16 carries for 53 yards and a few catches...3.3 YPC isn't great, but the end zone kept getting in his way. Kamara had 6 carries for 24 yards so it isn't like he found room that Ingram couldn't. As for the TDs...kind of stating the obvious, no? All RBs need TDs to become RB1s...no breaking news there...take away one of his TDs and he is still a high RB2 for the week.

All coming off being away from the team for a month. Obviously Kamara is still the lead back, but it is obvious to anyone that NO will use both a lot. It I want to win a title this year, Ingram is the guy you want to target for the price based on this thread.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 27658
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 am

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 am
Goddard wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Maybe it's just me, but Ingram wasn't all that impressive last week. The two TDs were great, but unless he does that every week, he's not going to be a RB1 like some expect. Kamara is also going to be used much, much more than he was in that game. That may have been Ingram's best game of the season, and it wasn't even that great.
He had 16 carries for 53 yards and a few catches...3.3 YPC isn't great, but the end zone kept getting in his way. Kamara had 6 carries for 24 yards so it isn't like he found room that Ingram couldn't. As for the TDs...kind of stating the obvious, no? All RBs need TDs to become RB1s...no breaking news there...take away one of his TDs and he is still a high RB2 for the week.

All coming off being away from the team for a month. Obviously Kamara is still the lead back, but it is obvious to anyone that NO will use both a lot. It I want to win a title this year, Ingram is the guy you want to target for the price based on this thread.
That's a different topic. This one is Golladay vs Ingram. If it was Golladay for an early 1st vs Ingram for a late 1st or early 2nd, then I'd agree with you. And the whole TD thing was to show that he's not going to score twice every week. Other RBs can still produce without scoring TDs, so no, I wasn't stating the obvious. Without the TDs, Ingram will be boom or bust. Same can be said about Golladay this year, but this topic was never about this year, which you keep trying to make it into. This is dynasty. And even if OP was trying to improve his team for this year, he's got plenty of other options than Golladay to start for him even if he doesn't have Ingram.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5385
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Goddard wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 am
flyersfan1981 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 am
Goddard wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Maybe it's just me, but Ingram wasn't all that impressive last week. The two TDs were great, but unless he does that every week, he's not going to be a RB1 like some expect. Kamara is also going to be used much, much more than he was in that game. That may have been Ingram's best game of the season, and it wasn't even that great.
He had 16 carries for 53 yards and a few catches...3.3 YPC isn't great, but the end zone kept getting in his way. Kamara had 6 carries for 24 yards so it isn't like he found room that Ingram couldn't. As for the TDs...kind of stating the obvious, no? All RBs need TDs to become RB1s...no breaking news there...take away one of his TDs and he is still a high RB2 for the week.

All coming off being away from the team for a month. Obviously Kamara is still the lead back, but it is obvious to anyone that NO will use both a lot. It I want to win a title this year, Ingram is the guy you want to target for the price based on this thread.
That's a different topic. This one is Golladay vs Ingram. If it was Golladay for an early 1st vs Ingram for a late 1st or early 2nd, then I'd agree with you. And the whole TD thing was to show that he's not going to score twice every week. Other RBs can still produce without scoring TDs, so no, I wasn't stating the obvious. Without the TDs, Ingram will be boom or bust. Same can be said about Golladay this year, but this topic was never about this year, which you keep trying to make it into. This is dynasty. And even if OP was trying to improve his team for this year, he's got plenty of other options than Golladay to start for him even if he doesn't have Ingram.
This was the original post:

Team in sig, standard scoring. I know value wise it makes sense for me, but not sure if my starting lineup gets better or worse with this trade. Theoretically Cook should be able to take over Ingram's role in my flex in the future, but it seems unlikely to happen this year with his injuries/his offensive line.

So yes, the guy has a team that can win this year and mentioned his concern about if it makes him better this year. I wasn't trying to make anything into something that it wasn't...just offering a different perspective. As for his flex options without Ingram, who on his roster would you have any confidence in using in fantasy playoffs? Remember this is standard scoring and not the far more commonly used PPR.

I like Golloday, I really do...I also think Ingram is underrated because he does produce, especially at home.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Benflicky
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby Benflicky » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Ingram hasn’t shown anything this year so far, he got a couple tds but hasn’t been explosive, plus he has kamara to deal with. Golladay
12 Teams, 1 PPR
2nd year of League
QB: Brees, Wilson, Ryan
RB: Mixon, K. Johnson, Chubb, Collins, Miller, Breida, R Freeman, Penny, Ballage
WR: Evans, Kupp, Ridley, Lockett, Moore, Miller, Sutton, Callaway, Gallup
TE: Engram, McDonald
K: Maher
D/ST: Titans

Team 2: 12 Team PPR Year 1
QB: tannehill, Allen, osweiler
RB: Zeke, Howard, Coleman, Smallwood, Walton, Adams, Ballage, Gallman, Abdullah
WR: OBJ, AJG, Adams, Arob, Godwin, Coutee, Pettis
TE: Kittle, Uzomah, Henry
K: Fairbain
D: Titans

User avatar
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby notweswelker » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 am
All coming off being away from the team for a month. Obviously Kamara is still the lead back, but it is obvious to anyone that NO will use both a lot. It I want to win a title this year, Ingram is the guy you want to target for the price based on this thread.
We both thought our guys were going to be key for the stretch run... lol jokes on us I guess.

Online
User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11401
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Mark Ingram for Golladay?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 am
who cares about your lineup if theres a chance to get golladay for ingram take it
x2
TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
BREES, Tua, Jimmy G
COOK/JACOBS/BELL, Dobbins, Swift, Gurley, Dillon, D Washington, Gio, Gallman
NUK/HILL/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, Jeudy, Hilton, Ruggs, Edelman, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Gesicki, Akins
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get slight bump in scoring
DARNOLD, Herbert, J Love, Cam, Brissett, Tyrod
SAQUON/MIXON/CHUBB, Gordon, D Freeman, Gallman, L Miller
NUK/EVANS/OBJ/K ALLEN/THIELEN, Hollywood, Lamb, Landry, Edelman
KITTLE/ENGRAM, Ian Thomas, Akins, D Walker
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: briank, fab10, IR1, mmass, Packerland, PhillySpecial, PR0v3 and 13 guests