Peyton Barber or Ito

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Peyton Barber or Ito

Postby Tennisbuck » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:40 am

Who do you like better long term ?
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

Mbf1028
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Peyton Barber or Ito

Postby Mbf1028 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:49 am

I like both somewhat. Obviously we haven’t seen much of Ito yet but I’d go w/ him
12 Team - PPR - Superflex

Start 2RB|3WR|1TE|1Flex|1OP

QB: Wilson|Mahomes|Goff|Jackson
RB: Kamara|Barkley|Michel|Guice|Coleman|Ito Smith|Roc Thomas
WR: Evans|Kupp|CDavis|Ridley|Sutton|Shepard| Treadwell|Chark|Dorsett
TE: Henry|Goedert|Seals-Jones|Gates

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 am

Long term has to be Ito. Barber had 2 years in TB to show he was a feature back and obviously TB didn't think he was; so they took Rojo this year. Barber has still been the lead back and hasn't done anything to make me think he has long term upside.

At least with Ito you have a plausible scenario that Tevin Coleman is gone next season, and I would love to have the 2nd back in the Falcons offense. Not only have both Atlanta backs been fantasy relevant the last few season, Freeman is going to miss a couple games every year.

RB isn't really a wait and see position like QB, WR, or TE. If they are getting touches, they typically make an impact early, or are busts. Mark Ingram is the only guy I can think of that has had years of fantasy relevance after a pretty rough start at RB.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Barber is a starting running-back, and too much has been made of the Week 1-4 box-scores without awareness that all four of those defenses are elite against the run.

Ito is a soon-to-be third-string RB that can only hope to be a 2nd-string RB next year. And even beyond that, he's a satellite-back.

Seems to me Barber is the easy choice here. He showed today that he can deliver when the match-up isn't awful.
jenkins.math wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 am Barber had 2 years in TB to show he was a feature back and obviously TB didn't think he was; so they took Rojo this year.
- Barber was an undrafted special-teams player to start his NFL career; it's ridiculous to say he was given "two years to show he's a feature-back" when he wasn't even getting carries until the last third of '17's season.

- Yeah, they took RoJo, and then Barber took his job.

- Barber is a RFA this offseason, which in of itself enhances his dynasty prospects relative to Ito, who's guaranteed to be stuck behind Freeman at best, Freeman and Coleman at worst.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE