Trying to get Zeke

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
block2323
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trying to get Zeke

Postby block2323 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 am

The current zeke owner has several holes to fill as he is really their only starting RB as penny so far has been a disappointment and the other rbs leave a lot to be desired (Anderson, booker, sproles). I made the following offer and felt like it was a strong offer but it was quickly rejected. Am I overvaluing my pieces?

I offered:
Howard or Ingram
Guice
Keke or Sanders
Alfred Morris
3 2019 1sts (1 mid and 2 probably later)

Zeke
2019 1st (3-6 range)
2019 2nd (3-6 range)
2019 5th
12 Team, .5 PPR, 9 Keepers, 21 Man Roster + 2 IR Spots
Start: 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1K, 1 Def

QB: T. Brady
RB: D. Johnson, N. Chubb, L. Fournette, C. Hyde, I. Smith, M. Davis
WR: OBJ, T. Hill, K. Allen, C. Kupp, D. Pettis, E. Sanders, D. Hamilton, R. Foster, J. Crowder, T. Patrick
TE: O. Howard, D. Goedert, C. Herndon
Def: Jax
K:

2019: 1.02, 2.01, 2.09, 3.02, 4.03, 4.05, 4.12
2020: 1st (x2), 2nd (x1), 3rd (x1), 4th (x2)

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trying to get Zeke

Postby dblj1199 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:47 am

If I’m a rebuilding Zeke owner I’m jumping all over 3 1st, Guice (like a 4th 1st rd pick next year). Keke and a choice of another rb. I’d accept the deal.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 pm

No you aren't but trades that large get confusing and scary for a lot of people. I own a share of Howard and am predictably trying to dump him and I can't find a single owner interested in him, Ingram doesn't make sense for a rebuild team. Why not Offer him Guice plus one mid 1st and one late 1st for Zeke and leave everything else out of it?

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm

So you receive Zeke and the best 1st rd pick of the 4 being exchanged ? You said it would be pick 1.03-1.06. But you are giving him a mid first 1.05-1.08 and two late first ? I’m with the guy above. Do not ask for his possible 1.03. Keep it simple.

block2323
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby block2323 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I will revisit later in the season and keep it simple. I was trying to do a clear overpay in my mind in order to lock up zeke for a title run.

I broke it down as:

Morris> 2019 5th round pick
Keke >= 2019 2nd round pick
Guice > 2019 (1.03-1.06)
Howard or Ingram + 3 2019 1sts > Zeke

WR: OBJ, T. Hill, K. Allen, C. Kupp, D. Pettis, E. Sanders, D. Hamilton, R. Foster, J. Crowder, T. Patrick
K:

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm

When I'm giving up a stud player, I always like to see a stud or high elite player in the return. Howard, Ingram, Morris don't fit that bill. Plus you're asking him to buy roster space which has value as well.

Plus if he's a rebuilder, Ingram and Morris are practically worthless to him.

Honestly, putting myself in his shoes I really don't see this as an over pay. Especially with you asking for his high 1st which will likely get higher without Zeke.

I'd try Chubb, guice, and your best 1st, for Zeke which might still be a bit light, but will definitely communicate you're serious might have to be prepared to add Howard and downgrade the 1st. GL.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

block2323
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby block2323 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm When I'm giving up a stud player, I always like to see a stud or high elite player in the return. Howard, Ingram, Morris don't fit that bill. Plus you're asking him to buy roster space which has value as well.

Honestly, putting myself in his shoes I really don't see this as an over pay. Especially with you asking for his high 1st which will likely get higher without Zeke.

I'd try Chubb, guice, and your best 1st, for Zeke which might still be a bit light, but will definitely communicate you're serious might have to be prepared to add Howard and downgrade the 1st. GL.
That seems counterintuitive saying you always look to get a stud in return and then you suggest removing Howard/Ingram and replacing them with Chubb. Maybe I'm too much of a believer in Howard but I still think he's a very solid RB that has had some weird usage so far. I agree on the Ingram age side. The trade you suggested imo is less of a return for the other team and I would be much happier to offer that if they would accept it...but I doubt they will. I also think Guice/Coutee are pretty solid pieces even more so for a rebuilder (their WRs are Alshon, Dez, agholor, Davis, Lockett and after that it falls off a cliff).

The team I am trying to trade with has the 7th highest points scored (1-4 currently) running with CJ Anderson or D. Booker as their RB2. The bench space is not an issue unless you consider players like sproles, hurns, Snead, Beasley, cowboys def, etc. as more valuable than coutee, morris, guice, Howard/Ingram. I actually think this trade would improve their team for the current season especially with the upgrade to their RB 2 position.

I agree that maybe the first trade was too difficult to decipher for the other owner. But I disagree that it wasn't enough. If anything your counter is less than I originally offered.

K:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm

block2323 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Mephistopheles wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm When I'm giving up a stud player, I always like to see a stud or high elite player in the return. Howard, Ingram, Morris don't fit that bill. Plus you're asking him to buy roster space which has value as well.

That seems counterintuitive saying you always look to get a stud in return and then you suggest removing Howard/Ingram and replacing them with Chubb. Maybe I'm too much of a believer in Howard but I still think he's a very solid RB that has had some weird usage so far. I agree on the Ingram age side. The trade you suggested imo is less of a return for the other team and I would be much happier to offer that if they would accept it...but I doubt they will. I also think Guice/Coutee are pretty solid pieces even more so for a rebuilder (their WRs are Alshon, Dez, agholor, Davis, Lockett and after that it falls off a cliff).

The team I am trying to trade with has the 7th highest points scored (1-4 currently) running with CJ Anderson or D. Booker as their RB2. The bench space is not an issue unless you consider players like sproles, hurns, Snead, Beasley, cowboys def, etc. as more valuable than coutee, morris, guice, Howard/Ingram. I actually think this trade would improve their team for the current season especially with the upgrade to their RB 2 position.

I agree that maybe the first trade was too difficult to decipher for the other owner. But I disagree that it wasn't enough. If anything your counter is less than I originally offered.
If you believe that way then keep Howard. I personally do not think he will be a high RB2 longterm anymore and have tried to trade him for multiple weeks in the one league I own him. Unfortunately I have had absolutely zero interest from other owners so I'm forced to keep him and hope the people like yourself are correct.

Most likely the other owner isn't interested in Howard because of skepticism and Ingram because of Age. While I agree the previous posters comment seemed to contradict, I do believe a trade Involving Guice/Chubb/highest 1st for Zeke would make more sense for a rebuild. This is because he retains his first which will probably be 1.01-1.02 with getting rid of Zeke while also adding a mid 1st and getting 2 very solid young RB prospects.

block2323
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby block2323 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm

If you believe that way then keep Howard. I personally do not think he will be a high RB2 longterm anymore and have tried to trade him for multiple weeks in the one league I own him. Unfortunately I have had absolutely zero interest from other owners so I'm forced to keep him and hope the people like yourself are correct.

Most likely the other owner isn't interested in Howard because of skepticism and Ingram because of Age. While I agree the previous posters comment seemed to contradict, I do believe a trade Involving Guice/Chubb/highest 1st for Zeke would make more sense for a rebuild. This is because he retains his first which will probably be 1.01-1.02 with getting rid of Zeke while also adding a mid 1st and getting 2 very solid young RB prospects.
I appreciate the insight. I will definitely try something along the lines of guice/Chubb and a 1st. Personally I would be much happier to send that currently while trying to win this year! I do still believe in Howard's talent, I just hope they start using him more effectively...especially around the 1 or 2 yard line for the easy tds lol.

K:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 am

block2323 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm
Titans95 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm

I appreciate the insight. I will definitely try something along the lines of guice/Chubb and a 1st. Personally I would be much happier to send that currently while trying to win this year! I do still believe in Howard's talent, I just hope they start using him more effectively...especially around the 1 or 2 yard line for the easy tds lol.
That fumble at the 1 yard line cost me my week :doh: :wall:

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 am

howard guice and 2 firsts will get you zeke. never ask for an earlier first from a rebuilding team while also asking for their best player.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:55 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 am howard guice and 2 firsts will get you zeke. never ask for an earlier first from a rebuilding team while also asking for their best player.
:thumbup: