Barkley trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Barkley trade

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:32 am

Ok I get this dude has never played a snap in the nfl and to me that has to factor in big in the evaluation but I have an offer I'm mulling over. We just drafted in a start up dynasty league ppr np kicker no defense. I got Barkley. Hes about my only good rb. I have a guy thinking of offering me McCaffrey and fournette for barkley straight up. At first sight to me that seems like a no brainer do the deal but I have questions about both of those players. Fournette missed 3 games last year and avg under 4 ypc. I'm a big fan of McCaffrey but long term his size and, so far, inability as an inside runner concerns me a bit. Would you do this deal?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Barkley trade

Postby skip » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:59 am

No brainier but I don't think Barkley should be rated any higher than Fournette OR McCaffrey much less more than the two combined.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:20 am

I am super high on Barkley but for CMC and Fournette, you need to accept before he comes to his senses.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:33 am

I would not think twice about that. 2 rb1's for one. I think Fournette outscores him this year and has a huge year. CMC has a really safe floor with his receiving and is in for a monster year also.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:33 am I would not think twice about that. 2 rb1's for one. I think Fournette outscores him this year and has a huge year. CMC has a really safe floor with his receiving and is in for a monster year also.
You really think LF is going to outscore him in PPR? I think LF finishes around RB12.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Love Barkley, but I'd do this deal. Fournette and McCaffrey both could finish as RB1's in PPR and are still young.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:06 pm
Friction wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:33 am I would not think twice about that. 2 rb1's for one. I think Fournette outscores him this year and has a huge year. CMC has a really safe floor with his receiving and is in for a monster year also.
You really think LF is going to outscore him in PPR? I think LF finishes around RB12.
Fournette had 36 receptions and 9 rushing TD's with over 1000 yards and missed, 3 games, I believe it was. If he can play 16, he will finish higher than that I would think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:02 am

Wowowowow I see both of those RBs drafted over Barkley at times, and if not they’re right behind him. Somewhat wish I was bad enough last year to win this lottery ticket...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 am

Yes, the reception thing is overblown. 3-4 receptions a game compared to what, 4-5 for Barkley? Or are we predicting he is going to be a 70 to 80 catch a year back? I like all 3 of them, but Jax will get their best player the ball.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am

Friction wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 am
Yes, the reception thing is overblown. 3-4 receptions a game compared to what, 4-5 for Barkley? Or are we predicting he is going to be a 70 to 80 catch a year back? I like all 3 of them, but Jax will get their best player the ball.
Plus, whatever the difference is McCaffrey had 113 targets as a receiver last season. He's going to get a ton of touches.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:23 pm

Dude backed out. He continues to offer me extremely competitive offers but he refuses to include both star backs in the deal. His latest offer was

Fournette
Dion Lewis
Luck
2 1st rd picks

For

Barkley and Mariota

That is quite a haul but I'm not that high on Lewis and I think I could get more for Barkley eventually

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:59 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:23 pm Dude backed out. He continues to offer me extremely competitive offers but he refuses to include both star backs in the deal. His latest offer was

Fournette
Dion Lewis
Luck
2 1st rd picks

For

Barkley and Mariota

That is quite a haul but I'm not that high on Lewis and I think I could get more for Barkley eventually
Yeah someone probably told him what he was doing was crazy, why when you get those sorta offers you gotta seal the deal immediately before they can think about it too much.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:02 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:23 pm Dude backed out. He continues to offer me extremely competitive offers but he refuses to include both star backs in the deal. His latest offer was

Fournette
Dion Lewis
Luck
2 1st rd picks

For

Barkley and Mariota

Not sure you can get more than that eventually. Fournette and 2 firsts alone is an overpay, and you're getting Lewis and Luck instead of Mariota? You might want to think twice about that, because by the end of the year there is a distinct possibility Fournette is in the same ADP range as Barkley. I would take that deal. Barkley is the most overhyped rookie I've ever seen, and I like him. No way he should command the offer you just turned down.

Taking that deal can build you a dynasty if you do it right. Upgrade at QB, get a starting Flex RB in Lewis, and 2 firsts on top of Fournette, who was a top 4 pick, and a "can't miss" prospect himself. Not sure what Saquon's ceiling is, but it's not what the potential ceiling of the pieces coming back are in this deal. You could be kicking yourself in a few years for not taking this IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 pm

yeah, wait, wut? I would take Dion, Luck + 2 1sts over CMC. Is he a lock playoff team? Even so, that much draft capital can net you a lot down the line. I don't even think Barkley is overhyped but unless it is a shallow roster league I'd likely take that