1.05 pick & developmental RB options (with poll)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which would you take at 1.05 if available?

Guice
75%
Freeman
25%
Johnson
No votes
Chubb
No votes
Michel
No votes
Penny
No votes
Rojo
No votes
Take a WR instead
No votes

Total votes: 4

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

1.05 pick & developmental RB options (with poll)

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:07 pm

In the league in my sig I have the 1.01, 1.05, 2.05 and 2.08 picks in the first two rounds. Clearly I'm picking Barkley top overall.

My current view is that at 1.05 I will pick who falls to me there in this order: Guice, Freeman, Kerryon, Chubb, and while I'm tempted by Michel I've driven myself nuts over the years with Patriots RBs (Dion Lewis having been the good exception). I'm unimpressed so far with Rojo, but tempted to pick him as a handcuff to Peyton Barber. And I'm unimpressed so far with Penny and with the Seahawks o-line - Seattle since Lynch left has been fatal for backs who have been there and in general I see it as a team in decline that in 2018 may be playing from behind a lot.

I also think that there is a good chance I can get Jordan Wilkins at 2.08 and I like some of the RB developmental stocking stuffers for later rounds that will be available.

For 2018 I think Barkley, Mixon, and playing the matchups at Flex between Ajayi/Barber/AP/JuJu/Olsen should get me enough points at those positions while Odell/Hilton/Cooks, Gronk, and Wentz/Mahomes and a strong IDP corps, if enough of 'em stay healthy, can put me in contention (I've been in the playoffs three of the four years of this dynasty league and won half the championships).

But for *developmental* purposes for 2019 and beyond, use the poll to indicate your preference, and the comments to share why. And if you think any of these guys have more long term potential than Guice I'd love to hear that argument.

My view of their raw talent is in this order: Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michael, Freeman, Kerryon.

My view of their situation potentials for 2018 is in this order: Barkley, Freeman, Kerryon and the rest a crap shoot (Wilkins may have a better season than any of the rest!)

I think for 2019 and beyond Barkley, Guice and Chubb's potentials increase most exponentially and haven't yet seen enough out of any of the rest to be confident in determining who comes after that.

You're cordially invited to dissuade me of any of my presumptions here in the comments. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by GOTGDynasty on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

timtebow420
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: 1.05 pick & developmental RB options (with poll)

Postby timtebow420 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:10 pm

I like your initial ranking, but i'd maybe switch chubb and kerryon and maybe even freeman, but could understand why you have him there.

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 1.05 pick & developmental RB options (with poll)

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:18 pm

timtebow420 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:10 pm i'd maybe switch chubb and kerryon and maybe even freeman...
Do you mean in terms of priority for the 1.05 pick? That if both Chubb and Johnson were available at 1.05 (entirely possible - the Panthers fan at 1.03 may well pick DJ Moore) you'd roll with Chubb? And maybe even above Freeman? I can see sense in that. I just don't know how long it could take him to get a shot. Cleveland just extended Duke Johnson's contract and if Hyde plays well he could linger in 2019 and forward as well.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.