Team Assessment / Trade Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Team Assessment / Trade Advice

Postby SkinZ187 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:42 pm

This is NOT for the team in my sig!

Looking for an honest assessment on this team, and advice on the current trade offer i have.

This is a 30 man roster, 10 team, PPR league with 4 pt passing TD's
Here are the starting requirements:

2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, K, Def and 1 additional flex spot that can be rb/wr/te. Most people including myself will usually start 5 WR's. As you can see, we have very deep starting requirements. Also, next season we move MUST start 2 TE.

My current roster, with starters in bold

QB - Stafford, Keenum, Trubisky, Josh Allen, McCarron, Bridgewater

RB - Dalvin Cook, Jerick Mckinnon, Guice, Latavius Murray, Rawls, Breida, Lacy

WR - Odell, Julio, Ridley, Martavis Bryant, Jermaine Kearse, Boyd, Dorsett, Ellington, Maclin, Lockett, Treadwell, Wallace, Terrance Williams

TE - Rudolph, Akins, Josh Hill, Jerell Adams

As you can see, i dont have alot of depth behind by starters -- bye weeks and any injuries to starters is going to take a toll. This team finished 2nd to last in 2017. I have NO first round picks in 2019 and just my single first rounder in 2020.

Current offer is I give Julio + Derrius Guice for FIVE first round picks. 4 of these picks are in 2019, one of which will most likely be the 1.01. As far as the other 3 first rounders, they could fall anywhere. In addition to these 4 2019 first rounders, I would get another first rounder in 2020.. no idea where the 2020 first will fall.

Should i reload with the 5 first rounders, or try to compete this coming season? Also, please give me an honest assessment of the current state of this team.

Thanks for any and all advice!!!

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Team Assessment / Trade Advice

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:09 pm

I think that you're spot-on with your thinking: You have some good/great/elite players, but your team isn't deep enough to win in the regular season let alone the playoffs.

I also second the idea of moving Julio. It looks like you need to include Guice in order to get a ransom for Julio. But, if that's the cost of doing it, then go for it. I'd look to take back a couple of flyers from the other guy. Maybe a TE that he's not starting (Butt, ASJ, something like that) and/or an upside WR flyer (R. Anderson, someone like that). I wouldn't lose the deal over this, though.

Basically, I think that you're entirely on the right track here in your own team assessment as evidenced by the trade that you're considering -- and that I would take.

Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:30 pm

I don't see this team competing this year, but it's got some nice pieces to build around. If one of those 1sts is projected to be the 1.01 like you said, I'd probably make that trade and try to retool.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 am

kind of suprising this team wasnt dead last last year considering you lost odell and dalvin... but if you make this trade i would sell mckinnon immediately too or even better try to see if buddy will do this trade with mckinnon instead of guice!
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:45 am

playa_hata wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 am kind of suprising this team wasnt dead last last year considering you lost odell and dalvin... but if you make this trade i would sell mckinnon immediately too or even better try to see if buddy will do this trade with mckinnon instead of guice!
I like this idea the best. I definitely do this deal tho.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 pm

I think you have to take the deal. Your team is in rough shape for a 10-team league. Would also think about moving Keenum or Allen for a TE to prepare for the switch to being a 2 TE league.

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Another important factor I forgot to mention, is that this league is NOT head to head... it is an “All Play” league. If Julio and Guice leave this team, One of the 2019 1st rounders will most certainly be the 1.01