Penny + for picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Penny + for picks

Postby crisdecamposmd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:02 am

bills2 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 pm I'm in the middle of a rebuild, minding my own business and I get this offer today.

Give: Penny, Royce Freeman, Mike Gesicki OR Ronald Jones
Get: 4x 2019 firsts, Justin Jackson, D. Henderson, Cam Meredith
Edit: I think three out of the four firsts will be mid to late

The players are fillers to make the rosters work. This would give me 5x 2019 firsts, but I do not own my own first. So tanking does me no good this season. Here is my current team

QB: Flacco, Tyrod, Rosen
RB: Penny, Royce, Rojo, Peyton Barber, Ameer, Frank Gore, Yeldon, Theo
WR: JuJu, Robert Woods, Garcon, E. Sanders, Gallup, Anthony Miller, Ryan Grant, Pettis,
TE: Kittle, Gesickt, Jonnu Smith

Like I said, rebuild. If I take this offer I feel like all I'm doing is delaying my rebuild. But, anything offering four first round picks for unproven players deserves attention. What do you guys think?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a Meredith owner.

I think this seems like a really fair deal and I'd be inclined to take it if I were you. Is this league a PPR? Here's some of my reasoning:

1. We have almost reached that part of the year where we remember rookies are... rookies. They haven't ran against the type of athlete they're about to try to run against (they're better than the average college player). They will be tested on the playbook, their vision, their ball security, and their ability to pass protect. Fans make a big hoorah over new rookies because the draft is much more branded than it used to be, but when bleep gets real, they're the freshman in school. The way it sits now, Carson is ahead of Penny (and would be a great addition if you can get him before reality strikes the fantasy world), and Booker is ahead of Freeman, and I think the Barber-RoJo battle will be an interesting one (I'd give Gesicki before RoJo - I think Kittle could have a decent year, maybe TE3ish; and Jonnu will be a TE1 in 2019, so you're good there long-term).

2. Meredith is underrated right now only because people have short memories. He was one of the best WRs in the league the last half of 2016 - with a mess of QBs. He's now the highest paid skill player on a Drew Brees led offense. He was literally the best double-move route runner in the league when he was healthy and if he regains his health, his combine numbers are all superior to MT13. They can very easily form a Brandon Marshall-Alshon Jeffery combination worth of productivity. As it stands now I think your only true #1 WR (target share) is Garcon. I love AM (Miller) but it's year one so it's not established yet. I love Gallup, but that's kind of up in the air on that team. I love JuJu but they have AB and Washington. I like Woods but the addition of Cooks makes his role a little murkier. Sanders can have a Diggs kind of year, hopefully. Drop Pettis and/or Grant to get Chester Rogers if he's still available.

Let us know what you end up doing!

QB: Cousins
WR: AJ Green, Devin Funchess, Garcon, Doctson, Marqise Lee, Tyrell Williams, Jordan Matthews, Anthony Miller, Jaron Brown, Michael Gallup, Quincey Enunwa, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Mack Hollins, Chris Conley, Laquon Treadwell, J'Mon Moore
RB: Saquon, Matt Breida, Corey Clement, CJ Anderson, Chris Carson, James Conner
TE: Kelce, Jonnu Smith

Mkh3225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mkh3225 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:04 am

jwb32 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:03 am If he'll actually accept Gesicki instead of RoJo, that's 4 1sts+ for 2 1sts and a 2nd. Easy Accept.
Yes, but only if he's willing to take Gesicki. I think if its Rojo then you should hold. Again, try and get your one back first because then it would make more sense for you to bunker down and take the L's rather than rely on a bunch of other teams. It's your choice but I think you'll be good to go no matter which direction you choose to take. Again, solid job making the most of this year's draft, I really think you did extremely well.
80's TV Shows Dynasty: Hill Street Blues
2016 League Champs
12 team, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 24 man
QB: Luck, Rivers
RB: Shady, M Gordon, Aa Jones, Ty Montgomery, Prosise, K Dixon
WR: Julio, Adams, Hilton, J Gordon, DJ Moore, J Brown, K White, Richardson, Trent Taylor, Tyr Williams
TE: Gronk, Reed, Olsen, Jonnu, Gesicki
D/ST: N/A
K: Tucker

Turf Wars Dynasty League: Hawkins Demogorgons
12-team: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF (full ppr) 28 man
QB- Luck Goff
RB- J Howard Guice Penny Carson Burkhead Bernard Edmonds
WR- Cooper Allen Watkins Fuller A Miller R. Matthews Tyr Williams Lockett Kearse Grant Allison Butler Lasley
TE- Gronk OJ Howard Fumagalli
D/ST- PIT

Marvel Legends: Captain America
12 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 25 man, 2 Taxi
QB: Winston Trubisky
RB: Guice R Freeman D Foreman Abdullah Aa Jones Montgomery Prosise Dixon
WR: C Davis DJ Moore DJ Chark Callaway Lockett K White Henderson Hollins Darboh
TE: Henry Everett ASJ M Andrews
D/ST: CAR
K: Succop

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 am

bills2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:19 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:15 am
bills2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:06 am I should add, I think three out of the four firsts will be mid to late
even more so to keep your players, Penny is a very early (1.02 for me) pick THIS year, Rojo is smack down in the middle at 1.06 THIS year, Freeman is 1.07 right behind him. Why give up an one early 1st and 2 mid 1sts for 3 mid/late 1sts and 1 early a full year away? ESPECIALLY since you don't even have your own 1st to profit from tanking. Makes no sense. Time value of money says the assets that you can use today are worth more than assets you can use tomorrow.
Kind of where I'm at with it. IF I could get my pick back I would consider this deal a bit more, but even then I'm not sure if I'll get another Penny in next years class.
Another Penny? I know he's projected to be good, but he's very much an unknown. The only one you can really say that about is Saquon, and he's still relatively unknown. By the way, I'm not saying that Penny is a bad player by any means, but just remember back when Kevin White and Devante Parker were in that same teir? Don't get overwhelmed with the rookie hype is all I'm saying.
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am

hudini33 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 am
bills2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:19 am

even more so to keep your players, Penny is a very early (1.02 for me) pick THIS year, Rojo is smack down in the middle at 1.06 THIS year, Freeman is 1.07 right behind him. Why give up an one early 1st and 2 mid 1sts for 3 mid/late 1sts and 1 early a full year away? ESPECIALLY since you don't even have your own 1st to profit from tanking. Makes no sense. Time value of money says the assets that you can use today are worth more than assets you can use tomorrow.
Kind of where I'm at with it. IF I could get my pick back I would consider this deal a bit more, but even then I'm not sure if I'll get another Penny in next years class.
Another Penny? I know he's projected to be good, but he's very much an unknown. The only one you can really say that about is Saquon, and he's still relatively unknown. By the way, I'm not saying that Penny is a bad player by any means, but just remember back when Kevin White and Devante Parker were in that same teir? Don't get overwhelmed with the rookie hype is all I'm saying.
This is true and it may or may not pan out but you aren't going to get a 1st round drafted RB prospect in 2019 with a mid 1st round pick it just won't happen. Of course any rookie can bust just like the rookies next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:04 pm

bills2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:06 am I should add, I think three out of the four firsts will be mid to late
Yeah, no way I make that trade.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick