Page 1 of 1

C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:39 am
by KingWhipsy
Where would you value a trade for one of the top LB's in the league in a 16 teamer?

For reference, the top 12 LB scores in 2017 were: 241.75, 236.25, 227.5, 223, 220.75, 219.5, 207, 205.25, 199.25, 198.25, 189.5, and 181.

The top 12 WR scores in 2017 were: 313.8, 313.35, 257.65, 257.15, 251.85, 251.85, 247.94, 240.65, 229.35, 225.6, 222.5, and 207.

Would you guys be willing to part with Marvin Jones who was WR12 for Mosley who was LB2? It's close for me and I think the youth of Mosley makes it probably worth. I'll just be hurting at WR a bit.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:46 am
by myndflyte
I think that's probably a fair trade. How bad would you be hurting at WR and who are your other LBs? I just ask because as you pointed out, the point difference between LB2 and LB12 is about 50 while the point difference between WR2 and WR12 is over 100. So don't kill your WR depth for a position that can be easily replaced.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 am
by KingWhipsy
My WR's look like this currently: Keenan Allen, Danny Amendola, Deon Cain, Corey Coleman, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, John Ross, Mohamed Sanu, Willie Snead, ArDarius Stewart. Starting 3-4 a week. Likely 4 because my depth at RB is worse so I likely won't be flexing there.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:46 am
by BigBawseRoss
KingWhipsy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 am
My WR's look like this currently: Keenan Allen, Danny Amendola, Deon Cain, Corey Coleman, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, John Ross, Mohamed Sanu, Willie Snead, ArDarius Stewart. Starting 3-4 a week. Likely 4 because my depth at RB is worse so I likely won't be flexing there.
no. just keep jones. you can find some gold on waivers or make a more minor trade, aim for LB20 not LB2 and give up a less significant piece

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:50 am
by KingWhipsy
BigBawseRoss wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:46 am
KingWhipsy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 am
My WR's look like this currently: Keenan Allen, Danny Amendola, Deon Cain, Corey Coleman, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, John Ross, Mohamed Sanu, Willie Snead, ArDarius Stewart. Starting 3-4 a week. Likely 4 because my depth at RB is worse so I likely won't be flexing there.
no. just keep jones. you can find some gold on waivers or make a more minor trade, aim for LB20 not LB2 and give up a less significant piece
If I can work out this other trade I have currently for Corey Davis for some future picks would you then do it?

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:17 am
by BigBawseRoss
KingWhipsy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:50 am
BigBawseRoss wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:46 am
KingWhipsy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:31 am
My WR's look like this currently: Keenan Allen, Danny Amendola, Deon Cain, Corey Coleman, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, John Ross, Mohamed Sanu, Willie Snead, ArDarius Stewart. Starting 3-4 a week. Likely 4 because my depth at RB is worse so I likely won't be flexing there.
no. just keep jones. you can find some gold on waivers or make a more minor trade, aim for LB20 not LB2 and give up a less significant piece
If I can work out this other trade I have currently for Corey Davis for some future picks would you then do it?
probably not, i just think lb is a position you can find some hidden value, or trade for a guy who is in a position to get a lot of tackles. Hell preston Brown led the league in tackles and he wasnt resigned and only landed a 1 year deal as a FA. my point being that semi nobodies can be found with excellent production at LB whereas WR you will not find a guy like that. Must start 3 WR makes me want to keep jones even more. if you can get davis it sounds like you will be sitting pretty in a 16 teamer at WR.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 am
by KingWhipsy
That's fair. It's just going to be tough to find any value on the waiver wire as it's a 16 team league with 40 man rosters and 10 man taxi squads. But I see your point.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:45 am
by Ice
While your scoring looks about 40 points light for IDP I would still easily make that deal. No offense to the other poster about waiver wire gold but you won't find anything close to a top 3 overall defensive scoring player on the waiver wire.

Mosley is fantasy gold in IDP leagues. He was the top scoring IDP player in both of my IDP leagues last season ranking 22nd overall in one and 27th overall in the other.

To put his scoring in perspective, in my leagues he was a full 4 points better on average per game than the 15th best LB last year which would be a LB1 in your league.

Even with your scoring I am certain you will see a significant drop off in scoring. LB's are like RB's on offense. If you don't have good ones and balance on that side of the ball you will get run over by better players.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:53 am
by IR1
I'd see if he add a later pick to even it out a bit, but if Mosley is your guy, I'd make that trade. Recently acquired Mack and Hunter to improve my DEs in what felt like were overpays- it's nice to be set at a position for years

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:26 am
by myndflyte
I guess it depends how you think this season will go. Based on your WRs and the fact you said your RBs are even worse, you probably aren't going to be a contender. In that case, I'd say make the trade. Start improving your team for the future.

Re: C.J. Mosley trade in 16 team ppr league.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am
by KingWhipsy
myndflyte wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:26 am
I guess it depends how you think this season will go. Based on your WRs and the fact you said your RBs are even worse, you probably aren't going to be a contender. In that case, I'd say make the trade. Start improving your team for the future.
My RB depth is worse. I have saquon and DJ starting so I feel like I'm an instant contender if they both stay healthy alongside Keenan allen.