Eifert, Dixon or Buck Allen. Who to cut?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Eifert, Dixon or Buck Allen. Who to cut?

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:40 pm

bkfakefootball wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm
osubuckeyeman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 pm Have been leaning towards cutting Eifert and keeping the running backs. I have about a week to decide if less than that. I have gone back and forth on this. Eifert is great but has just not been able to stay healthy. Dixon's coming off an injury and off the field troubles. Allen's contract is coming up in 2019 he most likely will be out of Baltimore and probably ends up in New England. :) Going to come down to Eifert and Dixon most likely. Thanks for the response.
I like that you made your decision based on the fact that you hope buck signs with the patriots. What makes you think that will happen?
I was being funny but he fits the mold for Bill a free agent with pass catching abilities. My point really was that he(Dixon)would be a free agent(2019) he might find a better role somewhere else. Dixon will still be on his rookie contract for the next 2 years(2020)and could still be behind Collins. The real decision has not been made I'm thinking it will be between Eifert and Dixon. Eifert can't stay healthy and Dixon off injury and has already been suspended once. Good god man look at my roster it's filled with PED players. Have to stop the bleeding. All of these players are close though. Damn, I wish Eifert could stay healthy but his back might be chronic.

Minnkota
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Minnkota » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 pm

None of the above....I would cut Seals-Jones.
12 Team, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Rivers, Smith
RB-Gurley, Kerryon, DFreeman, CJ Anderson, Burkhead, Ware, Jonathan Williams, Carson, Kelly
WR-Evans, Cooks, Keenan, Diggs, Fuller, Miller, Meredith, J Gordon, JBrown, Hollins, Watson, Chadwill
TE-Gronk, Engram, Hurst, Seals-Jones

12 Team--1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Big Ben, Dalton
RB-Freeman, Ingram, Hyde, Gallman, Richard
WR-Evans, Arob, Golladay, CDavis, Marv. Jones, Gordon, Meredith, Gabriel, Richardson, Reynolds, Watson
TE-Kelce, Burton, Butt,

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Minnkota wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 pm None of the above....I would cut Seals-Jones.
me too...i was going to say the same thing
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Why not cut all 3 and then add two options from the waiver wire...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:15 am

I could cut all three but could not add from the wire until after the draft and really I don't think all three are waiver wire fodder. I like Seals-Jones and think he will have an increased role. I'm going to take a deeper look at Seals-Jones though. Thanks for the suggestion. My problem is I like all 3 players. Sidenote I looked at Eifert's twitter and he has a recent video being bounced all over the place driving a speedboat on a fishing trip if I had a real back issue might not want to be doing that. I wonder what the Bengals think of that or they were just being careful with him during OTA's and that makes sense.

Minnkota
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Minnkota » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:46 am

I actually like Seals-Jones quite a bit, and have picked him up in quite a few spots as well. Personally, if someone were to offer me Eifert for Se-Jo, I would jump on that.
12 Team, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Rivers, Smith
RB-Gurley, Kerryon, DFreeman, CJ Anderson, Burkhead, Ware, Jonathan Williams, Carson, Kelly
WR-Evans, Cooks, Keenan, Diggs, Fuller, Miller, Meredith, J Gordon, JBrown, Hollins, Watson, Chadwill
TE-Gronk, Engram, Hurst, Seals-Jones

12 Team--1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Big Ben, Dalton
RB-Freeman, Ingram, Hyde, Gallman, Richard
WR-Evans, Arob, Golladay, CDavis, Marv. Jones, Gordon, Meredith, Gabriel, Richardson, Reynolds, Watson
TE-Kelce, Burton, Butt,

Grimmer
Captain
Captain

Postby Grimmer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 am

Allen was the RB24 in PPR last season, right? I’m not sure why he’d be considered. If you can’t trade Eifert & he’s trending healthy, I’d cut Dixon
12team dynasty .5ppr 2QB,2RB,3WR,2TE,1W/R

QB ARod, Stroud, JimmyG, Zach Wilson, Huntley, Stidham, Tune
RB Pollard, AJones, Singletary, Hubbard, Zamir, Knight, Deuce, Gray, Rodriguez, Prince
WR JJ, Cooper, Aiyuk, Cooks, Parker, Tyquan, Shaheed, C.Jones
TE Knox, Hurst, Tonyan, Moreau, Kraft, Mallory
DST DAL
K Tucker
2024 picks: 1, 3, 4
---------------------------------------------------
2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1Flex-1LB-1DB
Ppr, .2pt per rush, .5per comp, 1pt/10 ret yd

QB Fields, Tua, Geno, Ridder, Brissett, Stidham, Tune
RB JT, Hall, Javonte, Conner, Allgeier, Prince
WR Jeudy, Lockett, Olave, Cooks, Bateman, Meyers, Shaheed, Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnson, Mooney, Dell, C.Jones
TE Andrews
LB Okereke
DB Nixon
DST NYJ
K Elliott
2024 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 5

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 am

Update: Traded Kenneth Dixon for a 2019 3rd round pick.

Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

Solid trade. You were conflicted on a cut and ended up getting a future asset. I still think that Dixon has the best long-term upside. Mostly because Buck had his shots (whiffed) and Eifert is too much of an injury concern (until further notice).
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 am

Dixon has shown next to nothing. Eifert is borderline cutable outside of TE premium or 14 team leagues. I'd go Dixon though.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:23 pm

All the Dixon hate...I thought he showed quite a bit as a rookie coming off an injury mid way through the season and was in a prime position to take that backfield before the injury/suspension. They've kept him on the team and is making just as much money this season as Collins so it wouldn't be a financial issue to transition the backfield from Collins to Dixon if he is capable of doing so. He is certainly more capable receiver than Collins is

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 pm

At the bottom of the roster - play the upside. I know Buck had a nice end of the season run a few years ago. But his perceived value is what it is and always will be. Dixon has the potential to be more than that. Will he? No clue. But I always play the upside with the last roster spots(.)
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Could be wrong no doubt but Dixon being suspended and the injury history made my decision. I also watched some OTA stuff and he just looked a bit puffy to me. I was probably doing a little bias watching for an excuse to cut him. It's just OTA's it came down to Dixon or Eifert. I hated getting rid of Dixon but someone had to go.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:24 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 pm Could be wrong no doubt but Dixon being suspended and the injury history made my decision. I also watched some OTA stuff and he just looked a bit puffy to me. I was probably doing a little bias watching for an excuse to cut him. It's just OTA's it came down to Dixon or Eifert. I hated getting rid of Dixon but someone had to go.
Realistically the likelihood any of them payoff is low but I just can't imagine Buck Allen having any kind of playing time in 2019 and pretty concerned about 2018

bkfakefootball
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bkfakefootball » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Haha, I love this forum, so many responses to this post. Gotta love the off season.. Awesome!
Team 1 Rebuild
14 Team PPR Dynasty - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's

QB - R.Wilson, A.Dalton
RB - S.Barkley, M.Mack, CJ. Anderson, C. Thompson, P. Barber, C. Edmonds, R. Smith, W. Gallman, Qadree Ollison, B. Hill, C. Thompson
WR - Dede.Westbrook, P.Campbell, David Moore. K.Cole, P. Richardson, G. Allison, MV-Scantling, Deebo.Samuel,
Tre'Quan.Smith, Gary.Jennings

TE - T. Burton, J. Graham, G. Everett, Kahale Warring
DEF - Bears

2020, 1st, 2nd
2021, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Team 2 Startup
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, DEF & K

QB - J. Winston, M. Trubisky, T. Bridgwater, Dwayne Haskins
RB - D. Johnson, P. Lindsay, R. Freeman, L. Miller, D. Foreman, Miles.Sanders, C.J.Anderson, T. Riddick,
C. Edmonds
WR - A. Cooper, S. Diggs, M. Jones, J. Crowder, C. Godwin, C. Kirk, JJ.A-Whiteside, J.Reynolds, C. Meredith
TE - G. Olsen, V. McDonald, I. Thomas, J. Thomas
DEF - Baltimore
K- R. Gould

Picks
2019 - (1.05, 2.08, 3.05, 4.08 )
2020 - (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th )