Guice for Engram

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Guice for Engram

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Team and league in sig. His Guice for my Engram. Hate to lose Engram, but this seems good for me. Any thoughts appreciated.
10tm Superflex-Start 2TE Dynasty, 0.5ppr, 34 man rosters w/2IR slots
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1(QB, RB, WR, TE), 1(RB, WR, TE)

QB's: Mahomes, LJax, Garoppolo, Huntley, Minshew, O'Connell
RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins
TE's: Goedert, Waller, LaPorta, Schultz, J. Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Granson

2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2023 :thumbdown:
2021 League Champ :dance:
2020 2nd place
2019 League Champ :dance:
2018 League Champ :dance:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Guice for Engram

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Not a chance. Engram all day. He's shown the ability on an NFL field, and is still really young. In this format,Engram. I like Guice, but feel he is one of the most over rated players in the rookie draft right now. He's a late 2nd round pick, and was the 7th RB off the board. In standard leagues I still have him at 1.04 range in rookie drafts, as I do think he is talented, but in a 2 TE requirement league you need to keep Engram here IMO. Guice is just hype right now, Engram has shown he can hang on a football field in the big leagues, was a first round pick, and produced in college, so the Giants are heavily invested in him.He is basically Mike Evans playing TE. He's a huge mismatch and tough to cover, and that won't change.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hoggball » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm

I think for your team it makes sense. You gave your best TE option but still have a good group to lean on and you needed some help at RB.
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm

hoggball wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm I think for your team it makes sense. You gave your best TE option but still have a good group to lean on and you needed some help at RB.
Who does he have to lean on after a 34 year old Walker? Just curious, because I see a Ebron, who has been a complete disappointment, and a bunch of guys who have never done anything in the league. I would personally need another piece on top of Guice to give away Engram in this format.

@OP, It says TE premium, so is this 1.0 PPR, against 0.5 for RB's and WR's? on top of having to start 2 TE's? Engram is definitely worth more than Guice in this format and starting requirements if you ask me. A good TE is like Gold Bouillon in this. A 24 year old that has that athleticism and production is a guy you want to hang on to. You have to start 2 RB's and 2 TE's correct? I would not sell Engram for a non elite prospect that has never set foot on an NFL field.

I would feel much better about trying to package either Ebron or Burton (who is hyped up pretty big right now because he was paid too much money if FA, but has never done anything) and something else for another RB if you need one. You have 4 RB's right now, with Chubb, Duke, Collins and Mixon that can be started, and you can only start 3 max, so you aren't desperate at the position.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Guice, easily. RB >>>>>> TE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:53 pm Guice, easily. RB >>>>>> TE
Did you look at the fact it was TE premium, and start 2 TE? I'm assuming you missed that.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Did you bother to look at the fact it was TE premium, and start 2 TE?
Is it 5x TE premium? Guice all day. A gram isn’t worth the 1.02 even in a TE premium league, he’s like 3rd in targets at best in that team.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm Not a chance. Engram all day. He's shown the ability on an NFL field, and is still really young. In this format,Engram. I like Guice, but feel he is one of the most over rated players in the rookie draft right now. He's a late 2nd round pick, and was the 7th RB off the board. In standard leagues I still have him at 1.04 range in rookie drafts, as I do think he is talented, but in a 2 TE requirement league you need to keep Engram here IMO. Guice is just hype right now, Engram has shown he can hang on a football field in the big leagues, was a first round pick, and produced in college, so the Giants are heavily invested in him.He is basically Mike Evans playing TE. He's a huge mismatch and tough to cover, and that won't change.
TE premium makes this a very easy choice for me. Guice is overrated. Crappy year to have 1.2.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:44 pm
hoggball wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm I think for your team it makes sense. You gave your best TE option but still have a good group to lean on and you needed some help at RB.
Who does he have to lean on after a 34 year old Walker? Just curious, because I see a Ebron, who has been a complete disappointment, and a bunch of guys who have never done anything in the league. I would personally need another piece on top of Guice to give away Engram in this format.

@OP, It says TE premium, so is this 1.0 PPR, against 0.5 for RB's and WR's? on top of having to start 2 TE's? Engram is definitely worth more than Guice in this format and starting requirements if you ask me. A good TE is like Gold Bouillon in this. A 24 year old that has that athleticism and production is a guy you want to hang on to. You have to start 2 RB's and 2 TE's correct? I would not sell Engram for a non elite prospect that has never set foot on an NFL field.

I would feel much better about trying to package either Ebron or Burton (who is hyped up pretty big right now because he was paid too much money if FA, but has never done anything) and something else for another RB if you need one. You have 4 RB's right now, with Chubb, Duke, Collins and Mixon that can be started, and you can only start 3 max, so you aren't desperate at the position.
Sorry for any confusion. It's just start 2TE, no scoring advantages for TE of any kind.....0.5ppr for all.
10tm Superflex-Start 2TE Dynasty, 0.5ppr, 34 man rosters w/2IR slots
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1(QB, RB, WR, TE), 1(RB, WR, TE)

QB's: Mahomes, LJax, Garoppolo, Huntley, Minshew, O'Connell
RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins
TE's: Goedert, Waller, LaPorta, Schultz, J. Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Granson

2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2023 :thumbdown:
2021 League Champ :dance:
2020 2nd place
2019 League Champ :dance:
2018 League Champ :dance:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Did you bother to look at the fact it was TE premium, and start 2 TE?
Is it 5x TE premium? Guice all day. A gram isn’t worth the 1.02 even in a TE premium league, he’s like 3rd in targets at best in that team.
Fair, enough. I don't think Guice is worth 1.02, either though. Late 2nd round pick, 7th RB off the board doesn't't equal 1.02 in my books. Starting 2 TE's on top of more PPR with that TE, I'd take Engram over Guice.

EDIT. Now that it has been let known it is just start 2 TE, with no premium, I'm changing my tune, although I personally think Guice is highly over rated a s 1.02 value, the value is there. It's personal preference OP.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm Not a chance. Engram all day. He's shown the ability on an NFL field, and is still really young. In this format,Engram. I like Guice, but feel he is one of the most over rated players in the rookie draft right now. He's a late 2nd round pick, and was the 7th RB off the board. In standard leagues I still have him at 1.04 range in rookie drafts, as I do think he is talented, but in a 2 TE requirement league you need to keep Engram here IMO. Guice is just hype right now, Engram has shown he can hang on a football field in the big leagues, was a first round pick, and produced in college, so the Giants are heavily invested in him.He is basically Mike Evans playing TE. He's a huge mismatch and tough to cover, and that won't change.
TE premium makes this a very easy choice for me. Guice is overrated. Crappy year to have 1.2.
Agreed Guice is over rated @ 1.02, but tell me the year Treadwell was going 1.02 wasn't worse? LOL. Unless you were savvy enough to grab Michael Thomas over the likes of Treadwell, Shepard, Carroo, Boyd, Strong etc. Yuck
Janiel Dones Truther

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Seems fair to me in a 2TE league
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Well, he can lick anyone he wants with the 1.02, there are a bunch I would take over Engram, but I would take Guice...

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 pm

I picked dak 1.2 and Henry 1.3. I posted warnings about tread throughout the site. Tread went 1.10 in my league. I unnecessarily traded up to make sure I got my guys. Also coleman smelled of bust and I made my first post on this epic forum to defend jmatt being better than coleman. See my name. Man I remember all the coleman hype! Where is Jordan cries? Some people on this site love wasting their high picks.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Guice and rather easily.. Most I'd give for Engram right now is about the 1.05 or so.. and that's if I was desperate.
32 Team .5 PPR, 2x Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, J Williams, Dillon
WR Dell, Pickens, Reed, Doubs, Mims, Wicks
TE Freiermuth, Kraft

12 Team PPR
QB Hurts
RB B Allen, Bigsby, Vaughn
WR Harrison Jr, Nabers, Franklin, Legette, Johnston, Mingo
TE Freiermuth, Kraft
(2) 25 1sts, (3) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP