My HHenry for Parker+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

HHenry for Parker and 3rd

Keep Henry for the future
74%
Get D Parker for the potential
26%

Total votes: 23

hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

My HHenry for Parker+

Postby hoggball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Have an offer that I'm not sure about and could use some forum feedback. Non PPR TEAM 1 in Sig.
Give: H Henry
Get: Parker and early 3rd
I'm not huge on Parker but volume potential is there. The third is a dart throw IMO.
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My HHenry for Parker+

Postby honcho55 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 pm

No dice for me. Parker doesn’t help your team enough to sell hunter. 3rd doesn’t cover it.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Parker isn’t worth it. You could do better even with HH out for the year
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 pm

This isn't even close...I can't believe you're even considering this. At least get a top TE back if you're trading Henry at a discount this year....not a WR that has literally done nothing in the NFL.

hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hoggball » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:02 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 pm This isn't even close...I can't believe you're even considering this. At least get a top TE back if you're trading Henry at a discount this year....not a WR that has literally done nothing in the NFL.
They main reason I'm considering is we have only 20 man rosters with no IR. Makes it tough to hold injured players all year.
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 am

i would do it if you cant get a better deal worked, HH does nothing for you this year and you are still set at the position imo with burton and howard. parker has a great opportunity and early 3rds can sometimes surprise you. if its a 1qb league you can easily get a starting qb there.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 am

hoggball wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:02 am
Titans95 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 pm This isn't even close...I can't believe you're even considering this. At least get a top TE back if you're trading Henry at a discount this year....not a WR that has literally done nothing in the NFL.
They main reason I'm considering is we have only 20 man rosters with no IR. Makes it tough to hold injured players all year.
That is fine but HH is worth way more than Devante Parker. In may before his injury his ADP was 53 vs Parkers 72....that is nearly 2 whole rounds difference. If you can't get fair value for him them bite the bullet and hang on to him. HH is almost certainly more valuable than someone else on your 20 man roster even if he is hurt. He is dynasty's #4 TE. Selling him at a steep discount is exactly what other teams are praying owners of injured players do and they take advantage of that by offering you a non factor WR for 3 years in a row for TE that has been nothing short of great and only 23.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 am
That is fine but HH is worth way more than Devante Parker. In may before his injury his ADP was 53 vs Parkers 72....that is nearly 2 whole rounds difference. If you can't get fair value for him them bite the bullet and hang on to him. HH is almost certainly more valuable than someone else on your 20 man roster even if he is hurt. He is dynasty's #4 TE. Selling him at a steep discount is exactly what other teams are praying owners of injured players do and they take advantage of that by offering you a non factor WR for 3 years in a row for TE that has been nothing short of great and only 23.
a hurt player is not more valuable to your team than a not hurt player.

2 rounds difference in ADP while healthy is not that big, now one player is set up for lots of targets and one is set up to do lots of rehab.

HH is not the #4 TE in dynasty, he was floating around 5-7 pre injury but likely will be regarded as a fringe top 10 guy come next year.

parker has not been a non factor. Hunter henry has not been great.

past 2 seasons DP-744-4, 670-1 HH-478-8, 579-4

one of these two is out for the year and the other is in line to see 120+ targets.
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am

2 rounds difference in ADP while healthy is not that big, now one player is set up for lots of targets and one is set up to do lots of rehab.

HH is not the #4 TE in dynasty, he was floating around 5-7 pre injury but likely will be regarded as a fringe top 10 guy come next year.

one of these two is out for the year and the other is in line to see 120+ targets.
You are comparing TE's to WR's stats and that is foolish unless we are playing them both in our flex. Besides for gronk even the best TE's score as much as mid/low WR2's. Additionally TE's take longer to develop and Hunter Henry has been extremely efficient with his targets, He had one of the greatest TE of all time ahead of him on the depth chart as a rookie and sophomore, of course he wasn't going to get a full workload but he was nothing less than outstanding every opportunity he got. 1.Gronk 2. Kelce 3. Ertz 4.Engram 5. HH. I apologize I miscounted so yes he was the TE5. You keep saying Parker is in line for 120+ targets but that has yet to be seen. Parker's efficiency numbers are garbage and he can't stay healthy for more than half a season. They also have brought in multiple new guys as well as being on paper one of the worst offenses in the league with a decent QB at best in Tannehill. HH is absolutely more valuable than parker and its not close.

What helps your team more? a top 5 TE in scoring each week or a WR3? WR3 are a dime a dozen but there is only about 5-6 guys that can consistently score as a TE

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 am

My question is how is Parker's ADP only 2 rounds lower than Hunter Henry's? Guy is a perpetual disappointment and Henry has been great as a young TE.

I'm not saying Henry's value doesn't take a big hit with the injury, but if Parker's ADP really has him that close I guess I just have to advise against looking at ADP on this one. It's not that close for me.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 am

You are comparing TE's to WR's stats and that is foolish unless we are playing them both in our flex. Besides for gronk even the best TE's score as much as mid/low WR2's. Additionally TE's take longer to develop and Hunter Henry has been extremely efficient with his targets, He had one of the greatest TE of all time ahead of him on the depth chart as a rookie and sophomore, of course he wasn't going to get a full workload but he was nothing less than outstanding every opportunity he got. 1.Gronk 2. Kelce 3. Ertz 4.Engram 5. HH. I apologize I miscounted so yes he was the TE5. You keep saying Parker is in line for 120+ targets but that has yet to be seen. Parker's efficiency numbers are garbage and he can't stay healthy for more than half a season. They also have brought in multiple new guys as well as being on paper one of the worst offenses in the league with a decent QB at best in Tannehill. HH is absolutely more valuable than parker and its not close.

What helps your team more? a top 5 TE in scoring each week or a WR3? WR3 are a dime a dozen but there is only about 5-6 guys that can consistently score as a TE
you keep saying false things to make your side of the argument and i cannot keep up with that lol. so i agree with you now. HH all the way.

120 is a conservative guess, as he had 87 and then 96 the past two years and now the guy who got 131 and then 161 targets is gone, so ya i expect a massive jump in looks.

you say he cant stay healthy more than half a season. he has played in 15/16, 15/16, and 13/16 games to start his career. he has nagging injuries that affect performance but he suits up and goes out there. If he was able to even get a handful of TDs last year people would like him a lot more, go look at his weekly stats, very consistently got 65-85 yards and 5-6 catches (8 of 13 games were in this realm).

what helps your team more? wasting 1 of 20 available roster slots for a guy who wont play at all and is at the same position as 2 of your other 20 especially when those 2 are fine options, or a guy who will play all year, doesnt miss many games, and is in line for a monster workload?

i think that is a much more accurate question than the one you proposed.
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:13 am

I would take Parker. He needs to remain healthy but his skill set is solid.

Henry is potential but in reality JAG who is now on the shelf. In two years he had 81 receptions. After 3 he will have 81 receptions.

Parker will be number 1 WR on his team this year most likely.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am

you keep saying false things to make your side of the argument and i cannot keep up with that lol. so i agree with you now. HH all the way.

120 is a conservative guess, as he had 87 and then 96 the past two years and now the guy who got 131 and then 161 targets is gone, so ya i expect a massive jump in looks.

you say he cant stay healthy more than half a season. he has played in 15/16, 15/16, and 13/16 games to start his career. he has nagging injuries that affect performance but he suits up and goes out there. If he was able to even get a handful of TDs last year people would like him a lot more, go look at his weekly stats, very consistently got 65-85 yards and 5-6 catches (8 of 13 games were in this realm).

what helps your team more? wasting 1 of 20 available roster slots for a guy who wont play at all and is at the same position as 2 of your other 20 especially when those 2 are fine options, or a guy who will play all year, doesnt miss many games, and is in line for a monster workload?

I'm not saying false things. Devante Parker cannot stay healthy for more than half a season. "he has nagging injuries that affect performance but he suits up and goes out there" And consistently under-performs when he does. I get the optimism for Parker and he could very will take a 4TH YEAR leap but his stats have been mediocre for 3 years in row and none of it was due to lack of opportunity....with that being said yes he will be worth more THIS year than Henry because he will at least play football but OP's team 1 in sig he has less than 20 keepers so I'm not sure where his other players are that is making it difficult to hang-on to a IR guy this year. Hunter Henry had more value than Parker did pre-injury and will have more value next year heading into the off-season. OP is losing value by trading him away for Parker when Parker won't even be considered in flex compared to the rest of his WR's. Hang on to the better player and get better value next year.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 am

Ew. Instant reject for me.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am

I'm not saying false things. Devante Parker cannot stay healthy for more than half a season. "he has nagging injuries that affect performance but he suits up and goes out there"And consistently under-performs when he does. I get the optimism for Parker and he could very will take a 4TH YEAR leap but his stats have been mediocre for 3 years in row and none of it was due to lack of opportunity....with that being said yes he will be worth more THIS year than Henry because he will at least play football but OP's team 1 in sig he has less than 20 keepers so I'm not sure where his other players are that is making it difficult to hang-on to a IR guy this year. Hunter Henry had more value than Parker did pre-injury and will have more value next year heading into the off-season. OP is losing value by trading him away for Parker when Parker won't even be considered in flex compared to the rest of his WR's. Hang on to the better player and get better value next year.
i would love to know how you know this.

I believe he is gaining value by taking on a player that has a great opportunity and whos value will drastically rise while the player he is giving up can only maintain or lose value IMO.

also take a guess when Jordy Nelson had his breakout? it was during year 4, i will save you the google search. opportunity and talent outweigh injury risk.

Hell Alshon is still considered worth a mid first and last season he and parker had almost identical catches and yards but alshon had 9 TD to Parkers 1. Now parker is in a situation where 161 targets have been vacated and nobody left alshons situation, but alshon is worth a mid first and parker is irrelevant? i know this wasnt about alshon but i thought i would bring up a guy who performed very similarly and who people on this forum still seem to love (or at least like a lot) and compare him to a guy everyone on this forum seems to hate (because hes on a bad team and has had an ankle and a hamstring injury)
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3