Ed Dickson, grab him & stash him?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ed Dickson, grab him & stash him?

Postby jordanzs » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm wondering what the chances are that this weekend Ed Dickson will bust out & show everyone why he'll be a top 10 dynasty TE for years to come. Todd Heap doesn't seem to have too much tread on the tires, and Dickson seems to be the favored TE over Pitta. I'm grabbing him off of whatever waiver wires I can just in case.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Ed Dickson, grab him & stash him?

Postby The Pyrate » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Good plan to grab Ed! I had him ranked higher in the rookie draft than Pitta, who I still see as more of a blocker.

There are other TEs that you could be looking to stash:
Gresham in New Orleans is at the top of the list, along with your favorite STL TE (shout out to all the Fendi crowd)
A guy named Dickerson also intrigues in Houston.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I picked him up this morning...u never know if he'll break out & be on everyone' radar...
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

pungent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pungent » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:57 am

The Pyrate wrote:Good plan to grab Ed! I had him ranked higher in the rookie draft than Pitta, who I still see as more of a blocker.

Gresham in New Orleans is at the top of the list, along with your favorite STL TE (shout out to all the Fendi crowd)
Are you thinking of Graham from NO?

Gresham plays for CIN..
QB: Stafford
RB: Rice, McFadden, McCoy, Hunter, Quizz
WR: Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith (car), B.Llyod, Baldwin
TE: Witten, Olsen, Gresham, Dickson
DL: T. Cole, R. Mathis
LB: Demeco Ryans, Fletcher, Bishop, Weatherspoon
CB: Joseph, Greer
S: Pollard, Polamula, Chancellor, Burnett
K: Bironas, Hansen
ST: Bears
14 team Dynasty league (no-ppr)
Line up: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 1TE, K, ST, 2 of each DE LB S CB

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 am

pungent wrote:
The Pyrate wrote:Good plan to grab Ed! I had him ranked higher in the rookie draft than Pitta, who I still see as more of a blocker.

Are you thinking of Graham from NO?

Gresham plays for CIN..
Yah I'm sure he meant Graham in New Orleans... who should be rostered already in most dynasty leagues. If he's not, pick him up now! As for Dickerson in Houston, the latest coming out from training camp was that they had moved him to WR. Kubiak was saying that he has the talent to be a WR1 someday. Dickerson's a guy to stash if you have huge rosters.

Ed Dickson sure does have some talent, but I see 2011 Heap/Dickson being similar to the past few years of Witten/Bennett in Dallas. Witten starts and is productive, but Bennett has some talent and plays enough snaps to keep fantasy owners intrigued. I don't see Dickson taking over the TE1 in Baltimore in 2011.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 am

BeRanDone wrote:Yah I'm sure he meant Graham in New Orleans... who should be rostered already in most dynasty leagues. If he's not, pick him up now! As for Dickerson in Houston, the latest coming out from training camp was that they had moved him to WR. Kubiak was saying that he has the talent to be a WR1 someday. Dickerson's a guy to stash if you have huge rosters.

Ed Dickson sure does have some talent, but I see 2011 Heap/Dickson being similar to the past few years of Witten/Bennett in Dallas. Witten starts and is productive, but Bennett has some talent and plays enough snaps to keep fantasy owners intrigued. I don't see Dickson taking over the TE1 in Baltimore in 2011.
There's a couple of big differences between the Witten/Bennett situation in Dallas & the Heap/Dickson situation. 1st of all, when the Cowboys drafted Bennett, Witten was only 26 years old - Heap was 30 when Dickson was drafted...Secondly, Heap is an UFA after the season and most likely will not be resigned unless it is at a much lower cost than his current contract. Lastly, the Ravens didn't just draft 1 TE, they drafted 2 in the first 4 rounds. That says they know Heap's time is coming to an end and they want to be prepared...

I would be shocked if Dickson doesn't take the lead TE role in Baltimore next year.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:58 am

airlex wrote:There's a couple of big differences between the Witten/Bennett situation in Dallas & the Heap/Dickson situation. 1st of all, when the Cowboys drafted Bennett, Witten was only 26 years old - Heap was 30 when Dickson was drafted...Secondly, Heap is an UFA after the season and most likely will not be resigned unless it is at a much lower cost than his current contract. Lastly, the Ravens didn't just draft 1 TE, they drafted 2 in the first 4 rounds. That says they know Heap's time is coming to an end and they want to be prepared...

I would be shocked if Dickson doesn't take the lead TE role in Baltimore next year.
I was not aware that Heap was a UFA in 2011. That changes my outlook by alot. I might be looking to stash Dickson myself then :P

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:19 am

I currently have Hernandez and Graham rostered, Moeaki and Dickson are out there, should I drop one of the other guys (or Brandon Tate) for Moeaki or Dickson?
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am

andrewfroboy wrote:I currently have Hernandez and Graham rostered, Moeaki and Dickson are out there, should I drop one of the other guys (or Brandon Tate) for Moeaki or Dickson?
Wow...talent wise, I like Hernandez the best of that group, but all of them would be worth stashing...the problem for you is that you already have Finley (who is young himself) and two good prospects. If you have an extra roster spot come open, I think either guy would be worth adding. Moeaki is already proving himself and is a big part of the Chiefs offense, while Dickson should be next year for the Ravens. Moeaki's frailty in college scares me a little, so I would probably choose Dickson myself, but I could see either choice.

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 am

Any thoughts on Jared Cook compared to those guys?
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 am

andrewfroboy wrote:Any thoughts on Jared Cook compared to those guys?
I know he's physically gifted, but I haven't seen the Titans use the TE position enough to justify putting him in front of any of those guys...also, he's had an opportunity or two to win a starting spot and hasn't done much with it...I'd pass

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm

I am not sure where you got this?? Pitta was one of the best passing catchers at TE that came out last year. It was his blocking that people questioned. Dickson the more complete TE.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm

hosler427 wrote:

I am not sure where you got this?? Pitta was one of the best passing catchers at TE that came out last year. It was his blocking that people questioned. Dickson the more complete TE.
I was going to give a similar response. Pitta is closer poor-man's Dustin Keller ie: can't block a piece of toilet paper but can catch. Ed Dickson could be a hybrid of NE's Gronkowski and Hernandez rolled into one as far as his upside. 6-4 250 with 4.5 speed and great hands. Everything's there but NFL experience. For a positive outlook, I'd say that If he reaches his potential he could be a similar player to Ben Coates. :thumbup:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
airlex wrote:There's a couple of big differences between the Witten/Bennett situation in Dallas & the Heap/Dickson situation. 1st of all, when the Cowboys drafted Bennett, Witten was only 26 years old - Heap was 30 when Dickson was drafted...Secondly, Heap is an UFA after the season and most likely will not be resigned unless it is at a much lower cost than his current contract. Lastly, the Ravens didn't just draft 1 TE, they drafted 2 in the first 4 rounds. That says they know Heap's time is coming to an end and they want to be prepared...

I was not aware that Heap was a UFA in 2011. That changes my outlook by alot. I might be looking to stash Dickson myself then :P
I know i am new to dynasty in all. But since I inherited a terrible team at 2-7 I have been dilligently re-building for next season and seasons to come as you can see below. After reading this thread I looked things up for Heap and Dickson, and Heap is NOT a free agent until 2012. Just thought everyone should know.

rotoworld:

Todd Heap Tight End 6/15/2005: Signed a six-year, $30 million contract. The deal included an $11 million signing bonus and another $2.27 million "signing bonus" in the fourth year. 2010: $4 million, 2011: $4.6 million, 2012: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubho ... ajteam=BAL
14 team, 1 ppr, QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DT,DE, 3-LB's, DL, 2-CB, 2-SS, 2-DP, K, 2-IR
QB- A. Smith, Mariota, Luck
RB- M. Gordon, M. Ingram, D.Woodhead, M. Ekeler, C. Prosise
WR- A Thielen, L. Fitzgerald, M. Crabtree, C. Kupp, R. Matthews, JJ Nelson, J Edelman, B. Marshall, Q Enunwa
TE-J. Graham, OJ Howard, T.Burton, J. Thomas

DT- M. Daniels
DE- C.Jordan, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Folwer Jr, Eric Lee
LB- R. Shazier, J. Collins Sr, B. McKinney, D. Lee, S. Thompson, J Bostic, J Burgess Jr,
CB- J. Bradberry, R. Darby, K. Jackson
SS-J. Cyprien, J. Adams, E. Thomas
K- S. Gostkowski

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:45 pm

danes1212 wrote:Heap is NOT a free agent until 2012. Just thought everyone should know.
Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbup:
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor