Guice for Rojo

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bills2
Captain
Captain

Guice for Rojo

Postby bills2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:26 pm

I've been approached by the Guice owner asking what it would take to get Rojo. I'm debating what I want to do. He took Guice at 1.02 and I took Rojo at 1.04, so I'm going to assuming a straight up trade wouldn't happen. He was trying to trade back during the draft but had no takers. So my first question is should I even try to trade Rojo for Guice? I've been soso on Rojo the whole time, but he is skilled and landed in what I thought was the best spot. Second, if I try to make a trade, what would I need to put on top of Rojo to get Guice? This is for team 1 in my sig.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Re: Guice for Rojo

Postby Favrezilla » Thu May 10, 2018 1:30 pm

if you like guice more than rojo make the offer striaightup.

AFTER the nfl draft i dont see as much difference between them, but he is probably down on him and sees the potential for Rojo to step in early.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

bills2
Captain
Captain

Postby bills2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Favrezilla wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:30 pm if you like guice more than rojo make the offer striaightup.

AFTER the nfl draft i dont see as much difference between them, but he is probably down on him and sees the potential for Rojo to step in early.
Kind of what I think too. Article came out about how Thompson is still going to have the 3rd down role and I think that has him down on Guice. I'm going to start with Guice and Rojo straight up and go from there, if I decide to send it that is. Just trying to be ready for what I might need to add.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 pm

I'd stick with Rojo.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dunville » Thu May 10, 2018 1:35 pm

I like Guice more than Rojo, but the value is actually with Rojo in most people’s eyes because Guice is being talked up to be a 2 down guy by the coach whereas a Rojo is being assumed to be a 3 down guy although nothing concrete. Rojo is also valued as being in a better landing spot and has slightly higher draft capital.

So ultimately because of this and the fact that he approached you it’s very fair for you to ask for Guice straight up or even try and push your luck and get something sprinkled on top.
If you really like Guice and are very meh about Rojo I’d be willing to add a second to get your guy. I wouldn’t add anymore purely because of perceived value.
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Stroud Tua
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown
WR Hill, JJ, AJB, Keenan, ReedReed, Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Tucker
TE Hockenson Ferguson,
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Donald Zach Allen
DE Crosby, Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum,
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Barton, Overshown, Cashman, Henley
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant,
2024 - 1.03, 3.05, 3.12, 6th
2025 2, 3,4,5,6

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm

bills2 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:32 pm I'm going to start with Guice and Rojo straight up and go from there, if I decide to send it that is. Just trying to be ready for what I might need to add.
thompson was ALWAYS going to get the majority of 3rd down work (or crowder) and i wouldnt add anything unless you really want Guice and then i wouldnt add much. BUT i think Guice is the better player, he may not do as well however as i am not a fan of Gruden or the Skins OLine, along those thoughts i think Koetter may be one of the worst and most obvious playcallers in the nfl.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Personally I'd take Guice over RoJo just because I'm a little low on rojo but I'm also not ecstatic about guice's landing spot so I'd make the trade straight up if the owner wants to do that and if he wants something sprinkled on I'd just decline and say no...he will probably come back at a later date and do the deal straight up and if he doesn't its okay to stand pat and roll the dice on rojo. He is in a better situation after all, just less talented but look at guys like Mixon compared to Hunt....

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm

I am not big on guice dont see the love affair with him locked in at 1.02
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Guice is the better player, Rojo is in the better situation. The differences essentially cancel each other out, so I wouldn't add anything.

Do it straight across if you like Guice more than Rojo, and if he wants you to add just don't make the deal.

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Thu May 10, 2018 1:52 pm

I don't think anyone has good read on how this choice is going to turn out for you, whether you keep Rojo or get Guice.
If you like Guice better then it's okay to throw in a little something extra to get the deal done, but if they are even in your eyes then I would make him throw in a little something extra to get the deal done.
I would prefer Guice over Rojo. The lack of size and pass catching for Rojo pish me toward Guice. I think Guice will score more TDs.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm guessing the other guy likes Rojo and wants him a lot, so it probably won't take much on top of Rojo to get him. I doubt he would do it straight up, because if that were the case, he would have just taken Rojo initially and knows that Guice is the better player. I'd start by offering a future 2nd or one of your young WRs.

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm I'm guessing the other guy likes Rojo and wants him a lot, so it probably won't take much on top of Rojo to get him. I doubt he would do it straight up, because if that were the case, he would have just taken Rojo initially and knows that Guice is the better player. I'd start by offering a future 2nd or one of your young WRs.
While I agree somewhat, the Guice owner is the one asking for the trade. I'd def start out straight up one for one and hold tight at least for a day. The Guice owner tried to trade down, couldn't get it done, so instead of grabbing the guy her really wanted (RoJo), he grabbed the consensus (or close to it) #2 in Guice. NOW, he's looking a little bit worried about Guice's role and is likely regretting not taking RoJo to begin with. No way I add in my original offer. It'd be straight up for sure.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Alex116 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:47 pm
Goddard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm I'm guessing the other guy likes Rojo and wants him a lot, so it probably won't take much on top of Rojo to get him. I doubt he would do it straight up, because if that were the case, he would have just taken Rojo initially and knows that Guice is the better player. I'd start by offering a future 2nd or one of your young WRs.
While I agree somewhat, the Guice owner is the one asking for the trade. I'd def start out straight up one for one and hold tight at least for a day. The Guice owner tried to trade down, couldn't get it done, so instead of grabbing the guy her really wanted (RoJo), he grabbed the consensus (or close to it) #2 in Guice. NOW, he's looking a little bit worried about Guice's role and is likely regretting not taking RoJo to begin with. No way I add in my original offer. It'd be straight up for sure.
You can and should definitely try straight up, but I'd expect it to get turned down pretty easily. If I'm wrong, even better for you.

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Thu May 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Guice easily. They have a better o-line and less top tier options to lean on. Thompson will get some third down work but Peyton Barber or whoever will get short yardage work, I think.

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Dunville wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:35 pm I like Guice more than Rojo, but the value is actually with Rojo in most people’s eyes because Guice is being talked up to be a 2 down guy by the coach whereas a Rojo is being assumed to be a 3 down guy although nothing concrete. Rojo is also valued as being in a better landing spot and has slightly higher draft capital.

So ultimately because of this and the fact that he approached you it’s very fair for you to ask for Guice straight up or even try and push your luck and get something sprinkled on top.
If you really like Guice and are very meh about Rojo I’d be willing to add a second to get your guy. I wouldn’t add anymore purely because of perceived value.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the situation. Straight up offer sounds more than fair especially if he’s approaching you.
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ