Trade for a RB now? or wait until next year?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Trade for a RB now? or wait until next year?

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am

For team in Sig.1. I just traded 1.06 for AROB and I need RBs. My starters are Jamaal Williams/Chris Carson/Corey Clement as of right now. I have 3 2019 1sts, should I make a trade this year for an RB? or wait until next years draft until my 1sts are worth more?
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

elkoholic08
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Trade for a RB now? or wait until next year?

Postby elkoholic08 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am

From what I've heard, the 2019 class is VERY Wr heavy, and not so much RB ( love and montgomery the only 2). How good are the firsts? I know it's hard to estimate but that matters. Could probably flip one of the firsts and Sanders to get into the first round this year and snag a rookie rb or try to get another non rookie rb for just a late 1st.
Dynasty 14 team 1/2 ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB- Brees,Winston
RB: Kamara, Josh Jacobs, J.Howard, K. Ballage, Tre Carson
WR: JuJu, Arob, DK Metcalf,, Crowder, Agholor, Allison, D.Robinson, R.Cage
TE: Noah Fant, Jonnue Smith
2020: 1st (projected) two 3rd, two 4th and a 5th
2021: 1,1, 2, 3,4,5

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 10:27 am

elkoholic08 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am From what I've heard, the 2019 class is VERY Wr heavy, and not so much RB ( love and montgomery the only 2). How good are the firsts? I know it's hard to estimate but that matters. Could probably flip one of the firsts and Sanders to get into the first round this year and snag a rookie rb or try to get another non rookie rb for just a late 1st.
One 1st is mine and I had the 1.06 this year, another 1st is likely to be late as this team had the 1.12 this year and the final 1st is from the 1.01 owner this year. So I would say 1 is late, 1 is mid and 1 is early. I was thinking about waiting until next draft and trade the late and mid 1st for a nice starter hopefully. Or trade a rebuilding team a 1st for a RB
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

elkoholic08
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby elkoholic08 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am

davingill91 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:27 am
elkoholic08 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am From what I've heard, the 2019 class is VERY Wr heavy, and not so much RB ( love and montgomery the only 2). How good are the firsts? I know it's hard to estimate but that matters. Could probably flip one of the firsts and Sanders to get into the first round this year and snag a rookie rb or try to get another non rookie rb for just a late 1st.
One 1st is mine and I had the 1.06 this year, another 1st is likely to be late as this team had the 1.12 this year and the final 1st is from the 1.01 owner this year. So I would say 1 is late, 1 is mid and 1 is early. I was thinking about waiting until next draft and trade the late and mid 1st for a nice starter hopefully. Or trade a rebuilding team a 1st for a RB
Depends if you consider your self win now or not. Every other position seems pretty solidified and id say given your RB and draft picks you have no shot in winning this year. Since you're loaded on WR's you can probably float around that really good 19 1st... but you're right... if you wait it'll rise in value by a lot but you'll have to sacrifice this year unless you got lucky on waivers.
Dynasty 14 team 1/2 ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB- Brees,Winston
RB: Kamara, Josh Jacobs, J.Howard, K. Ballage, Tre Carson
WR: JuJu, Arob, DK Metcalf,, Crowder, Agholor, Allison, D.Robinson, R.Cage
TE: Noah Fant, Jonnue Smith
2020: 1st (projected) two 3rd, two 4th and a 5th
2021: 1,1, 2, 3,4,5

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am

I'd probably wait one more year. Even if you don't use the picks next year to draft RBs, you'll get more for them in trades then you will right now.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am

Well your team is rebuilding so it is all about value and what you can get for the picks. In a 16 team league you are very deep at wr and may potentially have a sleeper with JMatt going to NE. So possibly package a we and a pick for a rb. But I’d also want a young rb, so it all depends on the price you need to pay.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 am

elkoholic08 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am
davingill91 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:27 am
Depends if you consider your self win now or not. Every other position seems pretty solidified and id say given your RB and draft picks you have no shot in winning this year. Since you're loaded on WR's you can probably float around that really good 19 1st... but you're right... if you wait it'll rise in value by a lot but you'll have to sacrifice this year unless you got lucky on waivers.
My team is not win now but I think I have some nice pieces all over except for at RB so next year I am planning to trade when I am OTC for RBs
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 am

Goddard wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am I'd probably wait one more year. Even if you don't use the picks next year to draft RBs, you'll get more for them in trades then you will right now.
Yeah that is what I was thinking exactly
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

dblj1199 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am Well your team is rebuilding so it is all about value and what you can get for the picks. In a 16 team league you are very deep at wr and may potentially have a sleeper with JMatt going to NE. So possibly package a we and a pick for a rb. But I’d also want a young rb, so it all depends on the price you need to pay.
I'm hoping that JMatt has a good couple weeks to start the season so that I can trade him at peak value and hopefully similar with Butler. My TE's for a TE premium league should hopefully have some value in a package for a RB.
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

mmass
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mmass » Tue May 08, 2018 11:52 am

Starting 2 QB's and you traded 1.06 away... Your not close to competing if your only Starting QB is Ryan. Tyrod might not even start to start the season. I would be more worried about a QB in a 2 qb 16 team league.
Superflex Format Q(SF)RWWFFTDK 12 Team PPR
SF1 - Yr 2
Goff Ryan Darnold Dalton
CMC Cohen Hines McFarland Peterson
Hopkins Adams Boyd Jeffery Shepard Boykins Higgins Quntez Duverney
Andrews Waller

SF2 - Yr 7 - 2019 Champ
Wentz Dak Goff Grier Brisset
Cook Mixon Hyde Mattison Edmonds Boone
M.Thomas Sutton Edelman J.Landry
Kittle Goedart Higbee

SF3 - Yr 4
Watson Burrow Goff Foles
Barkley Ja.Williams
Hopkins Evans Sutton Lamb Shepard VSM K.Harmon
Higbee Smith Howard

SF4 - Orphan Year 2
Dak Jones Taylor Brisset Eason Hurts
Taylor CEH Edmonds Dobbins
Boyd Ridley Mclaurin Lamb Reagor Harry Bryan Perriman Hurd
Andrews Goedart

2020 2 1st & 2nd

Deep Format - QQRRWWWTTFFDDKK 10 team PPR
Deep 2 Yr 5
Brady Stafford Lock Dalton Brissett
CMC Mixon Taylor Dillon DJ Hyde
Evans Hopkins Julio Edelman Gallup D.Jackson Mimz Claypool Boykin
Engram Gesicki Fant Herndon Dissly

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 12:02 pm

mmass wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:52 am Starting 2 QB's and you traded 1.06 away... Your not close to competing if your only Starting QB is Ryan. Tyrod might not even start to start the season. I would be more worried about a QB in a 2 qb 16 team league.
Yeah that is a good point QB I definitely need to upgrafe as well.
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Hey guys made a trade where I give up Vance Mcdonald and Corey Clement for Terrelle Pryor and Marlon Mack
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert