Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Sony Michel
73%
Kerryon Johnson
27%

Total votes: 41

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 am

Which back do you think is in a better situation and has more upside? I'm hoping I have both players to choose from at 1.08 in my draft with Michel landing in New England, but that could be a long shot...

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson

Postby SteveVolk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 am

I'll say this: I hold the 1.01 (via trade) and the 1.08 in one of my upcoming rookie drafts. In that league I have been itching all season to try and trade up to the 1.02 or 1.03, but post draft I'm content to sit and see which player falls to me. I like all eight of the top running backs and just do not see such a vast difference between them that I feel compelled to move up.
Would I like to have Nick Chubb? Sure. But would I like to have Nick Chubb minus the 1.08, the 2.08 and my 2019 1?
Nope. I'd rather sit there and see if I end up with Freeman or Johnson or whoever.
Obviously, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
—Best, Steve

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 am

I think Kerryon in Detroit is being underrated (looks like he's still available in the 2nd in that draft going on in the main forum, which is crazy) but I think I would take Sony over him. Most had Sony well ahead of Kerryon going into the season and if he's really that good he will clear a path in NE the same way Dion Lewis did.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:46 am

I want to hear more about the knee with Michel. Johnson is in a great scenario. Steve I think you are getting a good read. Congrats on the picks and good luck. Plus KJ is 20 years old. I could see going either way on this. Before the draft there is no way I would take Michel over KJ but now not so sure. Most would disagree I assume. Best, E