Sony Michel in New England

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sony Michel in New England

Postby brooklynkid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 pm

"btv802 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am
Michel to the Pats is a little weird. If you liked Michel than this plus the rumors about his knee problem may provide opportunities to acquire him. If you didn't like Michel, this probably isn't the landing spot to change your opinion."

I'm actually the opposite I really liked Michel, but the reports on his knee was red flag then he gets drafted by the Patriots now i wouldn't touch him with the 1.05. I really was hoping he slid to me at that spot because I feel like he has 3rd Down capabilities, but when have the Patriots ever Utilize a back as a workhorse. The Michel best skill is pass catching but they have other RB's that can do it, plus they spread the ball too much for my liking. I'll pass on that too many red flags for me.

My Response from another thread
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

mchriste619
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mchriste619 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm

I think Michel to Pats isn't a bad landing spot at all. Gillislee will be gone and the other players remaining aren't anything special. Michel's landing spot is better than that putrid Seattle offense that Penny will have to deal with.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:57 pm

brooklynkid wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 pm "btv802 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am
Michel to the Pats is a little weird. If you liked Michel than this plus the rumors about his knee problem may provide opportunities to acquire him. If you didn't like Michel, this probably isn't the landing spot to change your opinion."

I'm actually the opposite I really liked Michel, but the reports on his knee was red flag then he gets drafted by the Patriots now i wouldn't touch him with the 1.05. I really was hoping he slid to me at that spot because I feel like he has 3rd Down capabilities, but when have the Patriots ever Utilize a back as a workhorse. The Michel best skill is pass catching but they have other RB's that can do it, plus they spread the ball too much for my liking. I'll pass on that too many red flags for me.

Doesn't the whole red flag on his knee seem awfully suspicious? The timing is weird. It came out right before the draft instead of the combine. Also, the fact that a team spent a 1st round pick on him, when there were several other talented rb's on the board, gives me confidence that his medicals are fine.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Being in NE always hurts an RB's stock. lol (unless they were a nobody before)
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 pm

jonf86 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:57 pm
brooklynkid wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 pm "btv802 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am

Doesn't the whole red flag on his knee seem awfully suspicious? The timing is weird. It came out right before the draft instead of the combine. Also, the fact that a team spent a 1st round pick on him, when there were several other talented rb's on the board, gives me confidence that his medicals are fine.
Yes the knee issue is somewhat suspicious but I just hate the landing spot. The Patriots aren't going to force feed anyone, they approach things on a week to week basis which is too sporadic for my liking. I had Brandon Cooks last year and it was frustrating when the second best offense option wasn't even getting targets. Michel perfect for Brady's Dink and Dunk but their other pass catching backs, there's too much uncertainty for me.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm

jonf86 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Ajayi's knee issue came out at the same time. Of course not slipping 5 rounds like Ajayi did is a great sign for the knee issue, but the timing isn't unusual.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

the only pats i would want to own, are gronk and brady....everyone else ff value is hurt.

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:52 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 pm Hate the landing spot, but the fact that he went in the 1st should help his stock, or at least provide some ease about the injury concerns.
X2. I hope NE taking him in the 1st isn’t a tease on how much use most think he’ll get. NE RB’s are still a group to avoid in my opinion.
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex(WR/RB/TE)(SF in 2024)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, K Ingram, Brightwell, C/Z/D Evans, I Spiller, Strong Jr, R Rivers
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

blackburn72419
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby blackburn72419 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 am

How does everyone feel about Michel in a dynasty best ball league? Feel like this landing spot helps him in that type of league?
League 1: Superflex .5 PPR
QB: Brady, Wilson, Taylor, Osweiller, Gabbert, chad Kelly
WR: AJ Green, Baldwin, Landry, Jordy, Marquise Goodwin, smokey, Fowler, Latimer, seth roberts, trent taylor, deonte thompson, Brice Butler, Kamar Aiken, Leonte Carroo
RB: Mixon, CJA, Gore, Breida, Demarco, Perine, Rawls, Terrance West, Juszczyk, Dunbar, buck allen
TE: Engram, Fleener, Kittle, Virgil

League 3: PPR, TE premium, .25 PPC
QB: Jameis, Tyrod, Trubisky
WR: Nuke, Keenan, Diggs, parker, hogan, smokey, white, wallace, carroo, albert wilson
RB: Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, Spencer Ware, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah Mcguire
TE: Gronk, Cook, Higbee
2018 picks: 1.03, 1.07

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:44 am

blackburn72419 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 am How does everyone feel about Michel in a dynasty best ball league? Feel like this landing spot helps him in that type of league?
In best ball, I think he’d be a solid RB to own since NE RBs are so hard to gauge and that’s a high scoring offense

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm

blackburn72419 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 am How does everyone feel about Michel in a dynasty best ball league? Feel like this landing spot helps him in that type of league?
Best ball is the perfect place for him and he'd be my 1.2 or 1.3 there. You get his explosions, and don't have to worry about the pats giving him 3 touches the next week
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:30 pm

If you wanted a high ceiling, this was his best possible landing spot.

If you want the safety of a lesser back who should be guaranteed weekly touches, draft Penny I suppose.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)