Sony Michel in New England

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sony Michel in New England

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 pm

How is this team advice? There is literally noting in this question involving your team. There is a "discussion" thread with the same player. We are cluttering the board with too much garbage. My opinion, but come on. Every time a guy is drafted it's showing up in multiple threads within almost no time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

UsualSuspects
Starter
Starter

Postby UsualSuspects » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 pm How is this team advice? There is literally noting in this question involving your team. There is a "discussion" thread with the same player. We are cluttering the board with too much garbage. My opinion, but come on. Every time a guy is drafted it's showing up in multiple threads within almost no time.
How about this. Should I draft Michel with the 1.03?
Cluttering the board- never understood that issue.
12 Team PPR - '16 7th '17 1st '18 3rd ‘19 3rd ‘20 5th ‘21 3rd ‘22 7th ‘23 1st
Start- QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/D -All TD’s are 6 pts.
Qb- Hurts, Purdy, Browning
RB- Gibbs, Javontae Williams, Ford, Gainwell, McLaughlin, Mason, E Mitchell
WR- Jaylen Waddle, Aiyuk, Addison, Rice, Downs, Pickens, Marquise Brown, Davis, MT, Chark, Mingo, C Samuel, Douglas, Austin III, Danny Gray
TE- LaPorta, Friermuth, Okonkwo
K- Aubrey, Buttker
2024 picks 2.03, 3.03, 5, 5, 5, 5
2025 picks 2, 3, 4, 5
-----

Team 2-
12 Team Superflex PPR - '24 took over via 3 team dispersal
Start- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex, 1Flex, PPR- passing TD’s 4 pts
Qb- Tua, Stafford, Geno Smith
RB- McCaffrey, Mostert, Kamara, Brian Robinson, Warren, McLaughlin, Rodriguez
WR- Tyreek, DK Metcalf, DaVante Adams, DHop, Godwin, Downs, Gabe Davis, Sutton, Mike Williams, Chark, Mooney, Osborn
TE- Kittle, Kelce, Freiermuth
2024 picks 2.11, 3.01, 3.11, 4.03
2025 picks 3,3,3,3,4,4
------

Team 3

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:34 am

Fwiw, there were reports out that he has the same bone on bone condition in his knee that Ajayi has.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:44 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 pm Kind of dangerous that the prospect with the worst fumbling problems went to a team with the coach that has the least tolerance for fumbling.
Except hes fixed this and had like one last year, you can fix problems
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:45 am

ESKAY wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 pm Last year I passed on Kamara because I thought he was buried with AP and Ingram. I will try not to make the same mistake but there are a lot of bodies at RB in NE.
Nailed it

jessup45
Starter
Starter

Postby jessup45 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:49 am

Snickers wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 pm In my opinion, Dion Lewis is fool's gold. He had 0 production until Belichick gave him use. He wanted a ton of money and the Patriots moved on.

Now imagine a much better running back skillset in an offense where they were able to get 800+ yards and 6 TDs out of Dion Lewis. This guy is going to be used like a workhorse and is going to produce. He may not be an RB1 and break 1200+ yards and 10 TDs, but he is going to be a good fantasy option. He was going 1.03 prior to the NFL Draft. I would take him 1.05 now.
This - never thought Lewis was worth the hype and Michel is a much more talented back. The reliability/consistency scares me but he didn’t spend a 1st rounder on him for nothing.
Team 1
12 Teams - .5 pt. PPR
QB: Newton, A. Dalton, Foles
RB: Connor, Fournette, Freeman , McCoy, G. Edwards, Clement, C. Warren
WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, Hilton, Crabtree, R. Foster, M. Harris, C. Patterson, C. Conley
TE: Kelce , C. Herndon, D. Walker

Team 2
16 Teams - PPR
QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger, Foles
RB: Connor, Bell , Lindsay, McCoy, Lynch, Smallwood, P. Barber, I. Smith, Bibbs
WR: Thielen, Juju, D. Adams, Jeffrey, S. Roberts, T. Sharpe, A. Callaway, M. Harris
TE: Ebron, Cook, Eifert, Dickson

Team 3
12 Teams - TE Premium PPR (limited roster 16/20)
QB: Rogers
RB: J. Howard, Chubb, C. Thompson, RoJo, P. Barber
WR: Hilton, Edelman, R. Anderson M. Gallup, C. Kirk, J. Crowder, M. Harris
TE: Njoku

Team 4
12 Team - PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex)
QB: Watson,
RB: Zeke, Guice, Michel, P. Barber, Ballage, C.J. Anderson
WR: Hopkins, Golladay, Fitzy, Z. Jones, T. Benjamin, C. Coleman, C. Conley, B. Perriman, S. Roberts
TE: Engram, Eifert

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:58 am

I'm in on Michel. Belichick didn't spend a first for him to just be a committee back. Have to believe there's a plan for him.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 am

NE RB it's like Shanahan with Washington in the past time. One year you could be the lead back, the next year you're unemployed or 3rd in the depth chart...I'd pass.

Gillislee followed by White, followed by White & Lewis, followed by Lewis & Burkhead, followed by Lewis alone, followed by Lewis not retained and in TEN, followed by Hill in the town now...

You want a RB in NE ? Own 5 guys and pray for having a good informant before every game...and only as flex option !

As long Brady is there, team will move around him like planets around the sun.

I won't touch Michel except if he falls in the late 1st. Talent is there, but can't be optimistic about his future use even with a 1st round label. Patriots take talent but sometimes it's like they do just to avoid the guy being elsewhere...

I've been "Vereened" by the past and so "Gillisleed". Not for me now.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:44 am
Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 pm Kind of dangerous that the prospect with the worst fumbling problems went to a team with the coach that has the least tolerance for fumbling.
Except hes fixed this and had like one last year, you can fix problems
Yep. Three lost fumbles his last 3 years in 580+ touches. Doesn’t seem to be too bad a problem.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:18 am

IMO the main reasons why the Pats took him, he's got the best pass pro chops in this draft by far. So far this draft is shaping up like the Pats are trying to give Brady as much protection as possible. That to me means he'll get used early and often as it lets Belichick leave him out without tipping his hand.
To me I still prefer Guice(as long as the spot is decent) and now might take Penny over him too, but unless Chubb gets a great spot he's in play at the 1.3-1.4

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 pm How is this team advice? There is literally noting in this question involving your team. There is a "discussion" thread with the same player. We are cluttering the board with too much garbage. My opinion, but come on. Every time a guy is drafted it's showing up in multiple threads within almost no time.
Have a drink or three, dude.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am

I'm tellin ya, its Coogan

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am
I thought that Turcorox guy was Coogan?
Or maybe he's like Two-Face from the Batman movie with multiple identities??? :think:
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 am

SCYCPA wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 am
pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am
I thought that Turcorox guy was Coogan?
Or maybe he's like Two-Face from the Batman movie with multiple identities??? :think:
I thought maybe, but FantasyFreak has been complaining on multiple threads about people posting in wrong spots etc more Coogan esque

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 am

Slightly worried about his Redzone usage but they just invested in their O-line and RB in the first round, seems to me like they are investing in the future without brady so when a young QB comes in they will have a solid run game to lean on.