Mission Accomplished, Landed 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Mission Accomplished, Landed 1.01

Postby xlur8ed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Team NOT in sig, I need to update that

After trying to rewrite the worst trade value book in one league, I pivoted to another where I had the 1.03. Original and rightful owner of 1.01 for the past few months wanted one of the ridiculous hauls, so I gave up. He ended up moving it in a large deal for Hopkins and Thielen (more than 1.01 was given) to a new owner who was fire saling all assets for picks. I approach for 1.01 and we worked back and forth to a point it almost got annoying/boring. His offer came through today out of the blue, which I accepted:

I give: Wentz, Funchess, 2018 1.03, 2018 3.01, 2019 mid-late 1R, 2019 mid-late 2R

I get: 1.01, Case Keenum, Kearse. (I didn't at any point ask for anything other than 1.01, so maybe I can flip either for a little something)

Full PPR league, where I can start 4 RBs and currently own Bell and DJ. The allure of rolling those 2 out with Barkley (and the fact I wasn't going to miss out on Barkley in one league, just cause I really want to root for him) had me locked on to my overpay. I have Cousins and Ryan already at QB. So I'll move 1 of the 3 before the season starts. Really need a decent season out of Jordy and Reed and I might be able to sneak another 'ship on the shoulders of my RBs.

Not looking for an evaluation, I know I overpaid. I feel as if although a ton, I won't miss Funchess nor Wentz production, as I can now flex Barkley over Funchess and Cousins or Ryan over Wentz. Draft picks sting, but I'll be ok.

Just want to leave a thread out here of a successful 1.01 deal where I only had to give my stepchild, and not my firstborn :)
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mission Accomplished, Landed 1.01

Postby srlarson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm

to me funchess and kearse are both trash.....so in reality Wentz, the 1.03 and 2019 1st for the 1.01......if you are going to overpay best to do that w a QB.....so not terrible if you get the guy you want.

my theory this year would be to sell Bell....yeah I know when he plays he's a stud.....but if he doesn't come in until wk 1, and a redo of last year first 3 weeks a throw away...so if you play in a league where you only play 13 weeks you will really miss him for 4...if you play all 17 weeks then I would hold him....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm

I dont want to make any moves with DJ or Bell until the season starts. I need to see the Cards scheme and see how Bell responds. Both are on the block currently as well as 1.01, so it could happen but there are really only a handful of players I'd move them for.
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole

WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson

WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 pm

srlarson wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm to me funchess and kearse are both trash.....so in reality Wentz, the 1.03 and 2019 1st for the 1.01......if you are going to overpay best to do that w a QB.....so not terrible if you get the guy you want.

my theory this year would be to sell Bell....yeah I know when he plays he's a stud.....but if he doesn't come in until wk 1, and a redo of last year first 3 weeks a throw away...so if you play in a league where you only play 13 weeks you will really miss him for 4...if you play all 17 weeks then I would hold him....
A 23 year old WR who posted almost 900 yards and 8 TD's is trash? LOL. I'd hate to see what you think some lesser players if that's the case. That's a bit harsh.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RolandsTower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 am

Its a pretty massive overpay for moving up two spots in the draft in my opinion, but, since Barkley is already considered to be Barry Sanders by most that's probably fair cost for what most with 1.1 would be asking.

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 am

Wait what? Is this a SF? If not, how exactly is this an overpay?

I can’t land 1.1 for 1.2 + 1.3. Would people move 1.2 for Wentz, Funchess, 2019 1?

This seems like pretty fair value to me.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:17 am

jeaton6 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 am Wait what? Is this a SF? If not, how exactly is this an overpay?

I can’t land 1.1 for 1.2 + 1.3. Would people move 1.2 for Wentz, Funchess, 2019 1?

1QB League, which is why the drop off (if any) from Cousins/Ryan to Wentz isn't really even impactful. I've been trying to move 1 of those 3 for literally 2 years, and it took a new guy coming into the league to do it. So not only did I move a QB, but I also added a bench spot I've been missing for so long.

I couldn't remember who it was last week, but as I was negotiating, I recall someone saying 1.02 and 1.03 wasn't enough for their deal, and as I reflected, I felt like that was an overpay, but a fair overpay to get the blue chip guy. As this offer came through, I broke it down exactly to what you just stated. Would someone allow me to nickel them with Wentz/Fun/2019 1R for 1.02? Maybe, but highly unlikely, but at the same time, it isn't an offensive offer for the 1.02 owner... just not likely to get it done.

I'm good with overpaying, I wanted Barkley on one squad after learning more about him as a person. Same as how I felt about Teddy B coming out. Some players are still deserving of a Wheaties box, and I'm betting Barkley is a really good player, and good for the young fans of the NFL.

jnappy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jnappy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:26 am

xlur8ed wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:17 am
jeaton6 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 am Wait what? Is this a SF? If not, how exactly is this an overpay?

1QB League, which is why the drop off (if any) from Cousins/Ryan to Wentz isn't really even impactful. I've been trying to move 1 of those 3 for literally 2 years, and it took a new guy coming into the league to do it. So not only did I move a QB, but I also added a bench spot I've been missing for so long.

I couldn't remember who it was last week, but as I was negotiating, I recall someone saying 1.02 and 1.03 wasn't enough for their deal, and as I reflected, I felt like that was an overpay, but a fair overpay to get the blue chip guy. As this offer came through, I broke it down exactly to what you just stated. Would someone allow me to nickel them with Wentz/Fun/2019 1R for 1.02? Maybe, but highly unlikely, but at the same time, it isn't an offensive offer for the 1.02 owner... just not likely to get it done.

I'm good with overpaying, I wanted Barkley on one squad after learning more about him as a person. Same as how I felt about Teddy B coming out. Some players are still deserving of a Wheaties box, and I'm betting Barkley is a really good player, and good for the young fans of the NFL.
In a 1QB league this is not much of an overpay. Go get your guy.
[Team 1] 2015 - 6th | 2016 - 12th | 2017 - 3rd | 2018 - 1st! | 2019 - 3rd | 2020 - 5th
Hometown league
Jimmy GQ
32 team full PPR/IDP - 1TMQB/1RB/1WR/1TE/1FLEX/1TMPK/1DL/1LB/1DB
TMQB: 49ers
RB: Kamara, DJ, Hines, JJack
WR: ARob, Mooney, Myers, JGrant
TE: Goedert, Kroft, Keene
TMPK: 49ers
DL: JPP
LB: Oluokun, Shaq Thompson
DB: Poyer
2021 picks: 1.26, 2.26, 3.26
2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ManhattanProject » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am

Great deal for you in a 1qb. This definitely not an overpay.

ChickenBeaks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChickenBeaks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 am

Got your guy. Nice work. In a 1 QB league, I don't put much stock in them. Good for you.
12 Team, PPR
1 Q, 1-2 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, K, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S
Q- Carr, Flacco, Allen
R- Freeman, Guice, L. Miller, Hyde, T.Mont, Foreman, Bredia
W- Hopkins, Cooper, Cobb, Moncrief, Martavis, R.Anderson, TreQuan, J'Mon
T- Kelce, H.Henry, Burton
K- CButker
DT- F. Cox, K. Clark
DE- F. Clark, B. Graham, Golden, Irvin, Takk, C.Harris
LB- J.Houston, Barr, Kerrigan, Judon, B. Martinez
C- Trufant, J. Mills, Tre'Davious
S- Ha-Ha, K. Joseph, Addae, J.Jones

24 Team Devy - 1 Copy
1 Q, 2-4 RB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 TE, 1-3 DT, 1-3 DE, 3-5 LB, 1-3 CB, 1-3 S
Q-Winston, J.Allen, Garoppolo
R-Mixon, J.Williams, A.Jones, J.Jackson, Hines
W-Hilton, P.Richardson, Hurns, Kearse, Gallup, J'Mon, St. Brown, Stuff
TE-OJ, Jonnu, Watson, Stuff
D-Irving, Reader, Hand
DE-Beasley, Barnett, Dunlap, Hughes, Golden
LB-Bradham, L.Floyd, Hitchens, Longacre, A.Williamson
DB-Lattimore, MCCourty, Mitchell, D.Johnson, Trufant, Jaire
S-Derwin,M.Williams, Hooker, Harrison, Reid, Weddle, Berry

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:33 am

In a 1QB league that's a slam dunk to get the 1.1 for that
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol