Another superflex startup...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another superflex startup...

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am

I’m having so much fun doing one superflex startup that I joined another “friends/local” superflex league.

12 team superflex...1 ppr...QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Superflex

Randomly drew the #3 spot in the startup snake draft. Decided to go a little different route and wait a tiny bit on my QBs to see who falls.

At 1.3 I grabbed Gurley. First two picks were QBs Wilson and Wentz, and I was already second guessing my strategy with skipping QB at the 3. I took Gurley because he is a monster and that offense is going to feature him a ton in rushing and passing. PPR monster to hold down my RB1 spot.

At 2.10 I reached a bit with Jimmy GQ. By the time my pick had come up, Wilson/Wentz/Watson/Brady/Rodgers/Goff had been drafted and I didn’t want to miss the boat totally. I took a stab at Jimmy because I’m a big fan of those offense and what the 49ers are doing. Jimmy is the face of that franchise for years to come and they are already building around him. He is a 26 year old franchise QB with a bright future. Stafford/Carr/Newton were the next three picks.

At 3.03, I chose to wait on WR and my 2nd QB and solidified my RB position by drafting CMC. In a full PPR, he will be gold. He is a young receiving threat out of that backfield and I think he will be a Darren Sproles type RB for quite some time.

At 4.10, guess who was still on the board. As the picks grew closer to the 4.10, I was getting concerned that my second QB would be taken. Andrew Luck was not. At only 28 years old, and still a top 5 rated QB, he was a steal in the late 4th that I could not pass up. I don’t love him and his injuries concern me, but even if I don’t keep him, I know I can deal him for a haul. Jimmy G and Luck should hopefully hold down my QB positions for years to come.

At 5.03 I doubled down with the Colts and grabbed TY Hilton. I still value him as a low end WR1, and hopefully he will increase his production once Luck comes back. I went back and forth between him and Allen Robinson, but I chose consistency for my WR1. Upside will come later.

At 6.10, I grabbed another QB who fell way too far. Mahomes was available, and I believe he has immense upside throwing to Hill, Sammy, and Kelce. He has a cannon and I think he will be an excellent bye week/injury fill in...or a solid starter if Luck does not come back fully healthy. If all else fails, he could be solid trade bait.

At 7.03 I felt the need to grab another WR. There were plenty of RBs left, but I figured I could wait on that and grab a position of need at WR. Sammy Watkins isn’t without his flaws...cough cough injuries...but is only 24 and I think he carves out a nice role in KC provided he stays healthy. He was my highest ranking (younger) WR left on my board, because my target Sterling Shepard went at 7.02 (doh!). I’ll ride with the very polarizing player that is Watkins. Hell, maybe I move him after a few decent games. Also, I think Mahomes has a positive impact on Watkins.

At 8.10 I needed to start filling out my WRs. It was between Mike Williams and Jamison Crowder. I went Crowder here because I think he ends up as the top WR in Washington. Also think he gets a bunch of targets. I am hoping that MW falls to my 9.03.

At 9.03, I was hoping for Mike Williams...but it was not to be. He was snagged at 9.01. I drafted one of my favorite players in Larry Fitzgerald. If he can give me a year or two of borderline WR2(with WR1 upside) production at WR4 price, I’ll take it all day long. I’ll prob flex him at one of my flex spots and ride the production until he retires. I plan on competing right out of the gate. However, if my team is not competitive, I’m sure I could get a future 2nd for him from a competitor. Did I mention he is a favorite player of mine?

At 10.10 I drafted Rex Burkhead. I’m a fan and so are the Pats. He seems to be the most consistent Pats RB and is a good ppr guy.

At 11.03 I figured I would round out my starting roster and finally grab a TE. I wanted a young, upside type TE now, because I can grab a solid veteran a little later. The top guys were gone, but there were a few guys like Doyle, Ebron, and a few other guys like that. I probably reached here but I’m a big fan of Trey Burton and didn’t think he would fall to me next round. Trubisky is gonna be a dump off machine and I think Burton is the benefactor.

At 12.10, I drafted Delanie Walker. He is an underrated and consistent TE, although he is 33. He had 74 catches last year and hopefull he give me another year or three of production. Mariota loves him.

13.03, I got another older veteran in Pierre Garçon. He had 40 catches in 8 games, so I could see him being a ppr monster with Jimmy GQ at the helm. He could easily be the top WR in SF. Hoping for a couple of years of production from him as well, to bridge the gap of the younger WRs I am looking to grab late/rookie draft.

At the 14.10, I drafted TE George Kittle. I think he is the TE of the future in SF, and that offense is looking like it’s on the rise. I didn’t expect him to fall this far, so I grabbed him to backup my TEs and hope he develops into a starting caliber TE.

At 15.03, I grabbed Theo Riddick. I really don’t care for him, but he caught a lot of passes last year and should at least give me some production if I have to flex him this year. I think he could be a decent ppr flex RB for a few more years, whether he stays in Detroit or goes somewhere else.

Now just waiting on the next pick.

1.03 - Todd Gurley, RB
2.10 - Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
3.03 - Christian McCaffrey, RB
4.10 - Andrew Luck, QB
5.03 - TY Hilton, WR
6.10 - Pat Mahomes, QB
7.03 - Sammy Watkins, WR
8.10 - Jamison Crowder, WR
9.03 - Larry Fitzgerald, WR
10.10 - Rex Burkhead, RB
11.03 - Trey Burton, TE
12.10 - Delanie Walker, TE
13.03 - Pierre Garçon, WR
14.10 - George Kittle, TE
15.03 - Theo Riddick, RB
Last edited by slaughterrt on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:35 am, edited 7 times in total.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Another superflex startup...

Postby Generic Username » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 am

Boy howdy, some serious Luck avoidance in that draft

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 am

Looks solid so far. I'm guessing a lot of the other owners haven't done SF/2QB leagues before?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:06 pm

That’s a really good start, imo. Those are all guys that I really like and as long as Luck stays healthy, I love that combo of Luck/Hilton.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Wow. great start. Looks like a possible championship team already
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Dunno if I should go ahead and grab another QB or start filling out the rest of my starting lineup. Guys like Mahomes, Dak, Trubisky available still. A lot of value there.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:26 pm

What are other players available?

I like mahomes upside

Dak seem he reached is max already

Trubisky can become good but i don't know much about him
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm

3rd QB, Mahomes, Dak, or Trubs would be a great get this late in a startup draft

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:35 pm

I’d take Dak or Mahomes. Dak is safer but Mahomes has more upside, imo.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Grabbed Mahomes, just to hedge my bets in case Luck doesn’t come back to form.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Damn, even with the injury concerns, I'm surprised that Luck dropped that far. TY is another solid grab in the 5th. I'm in barely any leagues that are smaller than 16 team anymore, so my valuations are often off a bit in 12 teamers, but that team looks solid so far. Based on where TY was, maybe a guy like DT is still sitting there at your next pick?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 am

Yeah I’m hoping I can nab another WR like DT or Fitz to be my WR3 behind TY and Sammy (who I just drafted at 7.03). Another injury concern but he has upside especially in that offense.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 am

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 am Yeah I’m hoping I can nab another WR like DT or Fitz to be my WR3 behind TY and Sammy (who I just drafted at 7.03). Another injury concern but he has upside especially in that offense.
to early for Fitz
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 am

Clearly another superflex startup where the majority of owners have never played the format...Mahomes at 6.10...jeez. I'd honestly consider grabbing 8 QBs in such a league and then trading them when teams have only 1 viable starting QB. I'd start taking the rookie QBs like Darnold and Mayfield pretty quickly if they're available. I would've taken them over Watkins.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 am

Wow for avoiding QB at 1.3 you made out like a bandit! Luck in the 5th is criminal in that format.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0