Trade/Draft? Targets, Strategy

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trade/Draft? Targets, Strategy

Postby SteveVolk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:47 pm

So, my team in a 12 team PPR, IDP league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR or TE) is looking pretty good everywhere but running back. The good news is that I have the 1.1, 1.8, 2.8, 3. 7 and 3.10 to try and rectify that.
Please, take a look at my offensive roster and let me know you might approach things this offseason.
I'm tempted to try and move someone like Doctson and see if I can land Tarik Cohen, or Jamaal Williams or someone in that category—a young upside player. Then I just plan to bear down and pick RBs left and right in the draft, from Barkley with the 1.01 to whoever else comes my way. Any ideas?

QUARTERBACKS
Mariota
Roethlisberger
Alex Smith
-----------
Davis Webb

RUNNING BACKS
Alex Collins
Mike Davis
Devontae Booker
De’Angelo Henderson
Malcolm Brown

WIDEOUTS
Odell Beckham
Corey Davis
Larry Fitz
Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
Cooper Kupp
Josh Docston
---------------------
Kenny Britt
Carlos Henderson
Isaiah Ford
Jermaine Kearse

TIGHT ENDS
Hunter Henry
Trey Burton
Shaheen

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Trade/Draft? Targets, Strategy

Postby AlPal&Ange » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Team looks good outside of RB... and youth at QB. Barkley should help the RB. I'd take him 1.01, and hope that Ronald Jones falls to 1.08. at 2.08 I'd take the BPA and take your top QB left in the 3rd.

I do like the idea of trading a doctson for RB help... Maybe try Doctson and the 1.08 for a RB from last years class like Mixon or McCaffery if their owners are down on them from last year.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade/Draft? Targets, Strategy

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 am

I wouldn't trade Doctson for the players you mentioned. IF anything, I'd try to get a late 1st for him if possible, and if not, just hold. Try to move Fitz if you can. Adding Barkley will obviously help you a lot. Maybe you can try to move up a couple of spots in the draft with the 1.08 and 2.08 if there's a RB you like a pick or two ahead of yours. I think the team's in good shape, but don't go after players that aren't going to crack your lineup or help your team like Cohen and Jamaal Williams