NUK value (Superflex)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

NUK value (Superflex)

Postby Blueboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Lucky enough to have shares of Nuk in two SF leagues. One's in a rebuild, where I'm considering moving him.

Two questions I'd love to hear the forum's thoughts on:
1) Would you look to sell in a rebuild? This team has value like the 1.01, Mixon, young QBs, O.J Howard, Njoku, but value that I don't see producing big for a few years.
2) What sort of value does Nuk have? I rejected a trade for the 1.06 and Jordan Howard, which didn't seem fair to me... the owner responded with something like "good luck getting an offer better than that," and it's got me second-guessing my value assessment.

I can post more specifics about the team if it'd help, but didn't want to make the OP longer than it already is.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: NUK value (Superflex)

Postby Madadamus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Well, to start the trade offer was pretty far off and then his reply makes him a terrible owner.

I'd post your complete team so you can get the best possible answers.

I'm not opposed to selling him, but he's a building block. It just depends how many holes you have and how far out your rebuild is. Shipping off an elite stud is tough, but sometimes can speed up the rebuild if the pieces coming back to you are solid enough.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Madadamus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm Well, to start the trade offer was pretty far off and then his reply makes him a terrible owner.

I'd post your complete team so you can get the best possible answers.

I'm not opposed to selling him, but he's a building block. It just depends how many holes you have and how far out your rebuild is. Shipping off an elite stud is tough, but sometimes can speed up the rebuild if the pieces coming back to you are solid enough.
It's a 12-team Superflex PPR league, 4pt touchdown. I'll only list major assets, since rosters are huge:

QB: Mahomes, Trubisky, Bridgewater
RB: Mixon, McKinnon, A. Jones, J. Williams
WR: Hopkins, Parker, R. Anderson, Z. Jones
TE: O.J. Howard, Njoku, Kittle
2018 1.01, 2.01, 2.05, 2.09

I've got real need at every position, but think it's in a pretty good situation to rebuild.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Well I think his reply was rather lacking in character, his offer was actually pretty fair considering it is a superflex league. The 1.06 is going to net you a top QB in this class. That said value is value and if you believe Hopkins worth more then it's not a deal that you should accept.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:32 pm

So you definitely have a pretty solid foundation, but as you said in your opening post the production may be lacking in the next couple of years.

Mahomes and Trubisky are nice QB2's, but in a Superflex you really need another stud if you want to compete, unless Mahomes instantly becomes one.

Barkley and Mixon is a solid RB duo, hopefully McKinnon finds a home where he can lead a timeshare and Jones/Williams earn a majority of the touches.

TE is nice, I like Howard and think he could even be a starter next year. Kittle could actually be productive too, so even with those 3 young guys I think you can scrape together some starts.

But yes, WR is definitely lacking as far as depth is concerned. I wouldn't be opposed to selling Hopkins, but I would be targeting the next tier down of receivers. Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, etc. I would be going after them and getting juice on top. Obviously you'll get less juice on top of Michael Thomas then you would with Adams, but you get the point. I wouldn't want to sell him where the best player in return is Jordan Howard, maybe a 5th round pick in that format. I'd target a top 15 asset and try to get another starter or two to balance out your roster.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Madadamus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:32 pm So you definitely have a pretty solid foundation, but as you said in your opening post the production may be lacking in the next couple of years.

Mahomes and Trubisky are nice QB2's, but in a Superflex you really need another stud if you want to compete, unless Mahomes instantly becomes one.

Barkley and Mixon is a solid RB duo, hopefully McKinnon finds a home where he can lead a timeshare and Jones/Williams earn a majority of the touches.

TE is nice, I like Howard and think he could even be a starter next year. Kittle could actually be productive too, so even with those 3 young guys I think you can scrape together some starts.

But yes, WR is definitely lacking as far as depth is concerned. I wouldn't be opposed to selling Hopkins, but I would be targeting the next tier down of receivers. Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, etc. I would be going after them and getting juice on top. Obviously you'll get less juice on top of Michael Thomas then you would with Adams, but you get the point. I wouldn't want to sell him where the best player in return is Jordan Howard, maybe a 5th round pick in that format. I'd target a top 15 asset and try to get another starter or two to balance out your roster.
Thanks for the advice, very helpful for evaluating trades. If trade talks develop soon, I'll bump the thread with them.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 pm

I think that other owner was just bitter. I'm not sure Howard and the 1.01 would be enough for me. In a SF, I'd be looking to get a solid proven QB in return and maybe something small on top.