1st year in the books, looking for advice on what should be next with this team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

1st year in the books, looking for advice on what should be next with this team

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 am

First year down with a foster team. Turned it around to at least make the playoffs. LOL. Looking for some help on moves i should make going forward. Not thrilled about my RB depth and i still lack a true WR1 in my eyes. Trading has been really tough in my league. Most want to sit and do nothing and just play week to week. Have 2 trade partners with 1 being the guy who won the championship this year. His team is loaded with Gurley, Fournette, Freeman, and Hyde at RB and Hopkins, Thomas, Hill, AR15, Watkins, Westbrook, and Fuller at WR. Russell is his QB.

I know the elephant in the room is Brady and his age so i need some sort of plan there but i know i need help all over. I feel good about WR depth just need a big time player i think. Its going to be tough to compete but i gotta try.

No 1st round pick this year or next. I do have a 2018 2nd and 2 picks in the 3rd and 4th but i think those will most likely be useless. No trades in this league all year except for my 2 trades. Last year 1 guy traded the 1.01 for Derek Carr and the 1.08 which i thought was crazy and of course it was to the league leader who drafted Fournette.

Also, we will be moving to 3 WR's next year instead of 2.

So longer post than needed but throw me some ideas on what you guys would do. I figure if i keep at it trying to get trades through, eventually some will break down and have some fun.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 1st year in the books, looking for advice on what should be next with this team

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 am

-drop clay and pick up an other high upside TE (Everett, Kittle, Shaheen, Butt...), ertz is gold though
-I personally would try to cash in on ingram, burkhead and cohen (IMO they all reached their respective ceilling this year) and maybe get some other RBs or picks out of them
-I like your WRs, but i personally would trade or even drop tyrell williams for an other high upside option (as you have mike already)
-maybe try to get a Trubisky/Mahomes typ of guy instead of tyrod so you have hopefully an established QB in 2 years when brady steps down
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1st year in the books, looking for advice on what should be next with this team

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 am

I'd probably think about moving McCoy for a WR. Target a team that is deep at WR and needs RB help.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:07 am

I am not opposed to moving Ingram if i could get some good value for him. My guess is Burkhead probably wouldn't draw a trade partner either. Ideas on what the value of Ingram should be? like a mid 1st round?

Tyrell would be a drop as i just recently picked him up off the wire. Been there all year.

Trubisky is actually on my radar. The guy who has him now also has Jimmy G and Dak on his team. He tanked the whole year and his team is awful. I offered him some pretty good trades early on for JuJu but he turned them down saying he was in rebuild mode. I guess he id determined to rebuild through drafts over the next few years. LOL.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 am I'd probably think about moving McCoy for a WR. Target a team that is deep at WR and needs RB help.
There is one team that is deep at WR and has 0 Rb's. The guy has Keenan, Julio, Fitz, Benjamin, Cooper, and Kearse.

Thoughts on an offer?

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am

UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am
Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 am I'd probably think about moving McCoy for a WR. Target a team that is deep at WR and needs RB help.
There is one team that is deep at WR and has 0 Rb's. The guy has Keenan, Julio, Fitz, Benjamin, Cooper, and Kearse.

Thoughts on an offer?
I'd target Keenan, Julio, or Cooper. You'll have to add to get either, so I'd start off with McCoy and a 2nd (or Mike Williams) and go from there. Cooper should be the cheapest and his owner might be fed up.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am
UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am

Thoughts on an offer?
I'd target Keenan, Julio, or Cooper. You'll have to add to get either, so I'd start off with McCoy and a 2nd (or Mike Williams) and go from there. Cooper should be the cheapest and his owner might be fed up.
I will see if he is interested. Earlier in the year he offered me Marshawn Lynch for McCaffrey so thats what i am dealing with.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:23 am

UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am I will see if he is interested. Earlier in the year he offered me Marshawn Lynch for McCaffrey so thats what i am dealing with.
Oh boy...good luck! lol

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:54 am

Offered McCoy and Mike Williams for Keenan and it was rejected without a counter so back to the drawing board. LOL.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez