Trade Mark Ingram and Ertz for the 1.01?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade Mark Ingram and Ertz for the 1.01?

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am

I will be honest. I wasnt very high on Fournette given his injury history and i would still be concerned about that going forward in the future. Barkley has been decent but a lot of his electric plays have come in the return game and i just dont think that translates over to his landing spot in the NFL. Maybe i am crazy but i have been a little surprised at his hype.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 am

Smart trade. Not a slam dunk to make you better over the next two years - but Ingram is turning 28 this month and this might be the last window where you can get peak return value like that for him.

There's zero question that you can flip the 1.01 anytime over this offseason for a better package if you so choose.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am I will be honest. I wasnt very high on Fournette given his injury history and i would still be concerned about that going forward in the future. Barkley has been decent but a lot of his electric plays have come in the return game and i just dont think that translates over to his landing spot in the NFL. Maybe i am crazy but i have been a little surprised at his hype.
I think that's fair, but he's also been pretty impressive in the pass game. He didn't have nearly as many carries this year as he did last year (which brought down his total yardage), but he actually improved his ypc. Where he's impressed this year has been in the passing game, which is a huge plus in my opinion for the pros and in ppr leagues. It's just hard to find weaknesses in his game.

mmass
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mmass » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 pm

1.01... hopefully you got the deal done. I also don't know if buying something and hoping to trade it is a way to go. Guess it depends on how active your league is.
Superflex Format Q(SF)RWWFFTDK 12 Team PPR
SF1 - Yr 2
Goff Ryan Darnold Dalton
CMC Cohen Hines McFarland Peterson
Hopkins Adams Boyd Jeffery Shepard Boykins Higgins Quntez Duverney
Andrews Waller

SF2 - Yr 7 - 2019 Champ
Wentz Dak Goff Grier Brisset
Cook Mixon Hyde Mattison Edmonds Boone
M.Thomas Sutton Edelman J.Landry
Kittle Goedart Higbee

SF3 - Yr 4
Watson Burrow Goff Foles
Barkley Ja.Williams
Hopkins Evans Sutton Lamb Shepard VSM K.Harmon
Higbee Smith Howard

SF4 - Orphan Year 2
Dak Jones Taylor Brisset Eason Hurts
Taylor CEH Edmonds Dobbins
Boyd Ridley Mclaurin Lamb Reagor Harry Bryan Perriman Hurd
Andrews Goedart

2020 2 1st & 2nd

Deep Format - QQRRWWWTTFFDDKK 10 team PPR
Deep 2 Yr 5
Brady Stafford Lock Dalton Brissett
CMC Mixon Taylor Dillon DJ Hyde
Evans Hopkins Julio Edelman Gallup D.Jackson Mimz Claypool Boykin
Engram Gesicki Fant Herndon Dissly

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am
UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am I will be honest. I wasnt very high on Fournette given his injury history and i would still be concerned about that going forward in the future. Barkley has been decent but a lot of his electric plays have come in the return game and i just dont think that translates over to his landing spot in the NFL. Maybe i am crazy but i have been a little surprised at his hype.
I think that's fair, but he's also been pretty impressive in the pass game. He didn't have nearly as many carries this year as he did last year (which brought down his total yardage), but he actually improved his ypc. Where he's impressed this year has been in the passing game, which is a huge plus in my opinion for the pros and in ppr leagues. It's just hard to find weaknesses in his game.
Good points there. His true value is that he projects as a solid 3 down back which means a ton in the fantasy world.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

mike40
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mike40 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am
UATahoe wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 am So is Barkley considered a true cant miss guy that will put up big numbers regardless of team? Honestly wasnt all that impressed with him this year in college.
Fournette was way less impressive his last year in college, and yet he was everyone's 1.01 and the next "can't miss, generational talent."
Def take the 1.01. Should be able to at least flip it for more than your trading and if not take Barkley. I think he is ridiculous. Averages almost 6 yards per carry and 4 catches per game. That's pretty good. 3 down back territory. I can see the colts, Giants, 49ers, Bucs or even the Browns taking him in the to 10. The browns bring the least desirable but even an average talent like crowell put up stats in that offense. With the WRs and line set. The browns may not be that bad of a landing spot
12 team ppr contract league. 25 man roster with 7 player taxi squad. 85 year contract limit
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

QB- Wilson (1) Tanehill (1) Jimmy G (3)
RB - Gibson (6) Mixon (2) Ekeler (1) J White (1)
WR -Tyreek(1), Ridley (3), K Allen (4), Fuller (2), Lazard (3)
TE - Ertz (4) Goedert(4), Irv Smith Jr(6)

PS - Jordan Love, Gabe Davis, Darnell Mooney

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 pm

I agree 1.01 but I'm just not so sure barkley is the next superstar. I've seen him get contained this year when teams focus on him but depends on what team he goes to. I think he's the number 1 pick in fantasy for sure but I'm not sold like some that hes a once in a lifetime guy

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Take the 1.01. What you do with it is a different story. I am high on Barkley, but couldn't blame you if you flip is for proven talent instead.

Soooooo, did you complete the deal?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.