Get on The Starks Train!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Get on The Starks Train!

Postby WarriorPoet » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Packers RB James Starks (hamstring) is reportedly running full speed. Analysis: Starks can't be activated off of the PUP list until Week 7, but he's a name you need to keep in the back of your head. The team's sixth-round pick could be a wildcard in the Packers' backfield.

Choo-Choo!

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Get on The Starks Train!

Postby meineymoe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:40 am

I remember a few years ago when the Packers drafted Brandon Jackson and everyone though he'd be the back of the present and future... but then Green Bay raided some other team's squad and brought in undrafted RB Ryan Grant....

I'll wait until we see what Dimitri does the next few weeks before I'm hitching up my boxcar...

-oo-

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:49 am

Yes, as I recall, Grant came from the Giant's squad. I just hope the Pack can handle the flux of the backfield. Play-action is always a huge part of that Offense.

I'll save you luxury boxcar, you can jump on anytime between week 7 and week 12. After that I'm thinking we're gonna be at capacity. :D

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 pm

When is he eligible to return to the team from the PUP?
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Week 8 I believe is when he returns but the Packers don't like to run the ball. They just want to air it out all day.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Players can be placed on the active roster from the PUP after week 6.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks, that's what I thought.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm

eaglesfan wrote:Week 8 I believe is when he returns but the Packers don't like to run the ball. They just want to air it out all day.
They are only "airing it out" because they have no confidence in their ground game. Grant had 1200yds last year. Besides they are more effective in the air when they have a ground game to keep defenses honest, and can utilize play-action.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 am

WarriorPoet wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:Week 8 I believe is when he returns but the Packers don't like to run the ball. They just want to air it out all day.
They are only "airing it out" because they have no confidence in their ground game. Grant had 1200yds last year. Besides they are more effective in the air when they have a ground game to keep defenses honest, and can utilize play-action.

This! Just look at the numbers from Greg Jennings. With a working groundgame, he would be top 5 now. GB, just get Marshawn on your squad!!!!!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Can't wait to see Starks out there. There is way too much love out there for a guy, who has never practiced in the NFL with pads on and missed almost the entire last season of college. I know desperation makes hope, but many times hope is misdirected so people can see light at the end of the tunnel.

There should be a + or - poll on this thread so we can put our opinions in for how many quarters he plays before he's out with a hamstring injury, since he really isn't in football shape and hasn't worn pads in a game or practice in a long time. I think 2.5 quarters, which is sometime in the third quarter of his first game back :lol:

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

(TheHuddle) Green Bay Packers rookie RB James Starks (hamstring), who is coming off the PUP list, likely won't make an immediate impact, reports Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com. Head coach Mike McCarthy hinted that Starks, who missed his senior season of college with a shoulder injury, may not be ready to contribute much because he missed all of training camp. McCarthy said the team is evaluating him differently than their other players coming off PUP because they just want to get him on the field in pads and see how he does in that environment.

Analysis: A month ago someone asked McCarthy about Starks and he said the sixth-round pick "has the ability to be a three-down player." Starks has reportedly been running at full speed for a few weeks, and with Brandon Jackson not making big plays you have to figure Starks will see the field soon.

(Rotoworld) Packers RB James Starks (hamstring), CB Al Harris (knee), and S Atari Bigby (ankle) have not been ruled out for Sunday's Week 7 game against Minnesota. Analysis: All three are expected to return to practice Wednesday, though the Green Bay Press-Gazette expects Starks to be the furthest away from finding the field on gameday. Starks is worth a stash in deep leagues, while Harris and Bigby figure to upgrade the Packers' 17th ranked pass defense.

Conductor here, tickets please!

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:57 am

You guys might be looking for refunds on your train tickets, because reality is setting in

Rotoworld:
The Packers may opt against activating James Starks (hamstring) from the PUP list when his eligibility runs out next week, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.

Starks has been working as the scout team halfback this week, but he hasn't played in a game since his junior season at Buffalo. Beat writer Pete Dougherty suspects that Starks' fundamentals have slipped so much in two years that the Packers can't afford to carry a player so unready to help on game days.

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:29 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:You guys might be looking for refunds on your train tickets, because reality is setting in

Rotoworld:
The Packers may opt against activating James Starks (hamstring) from the PUP list when his eligibility runs out next week, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.

Starks has been working as the scout team halfback this week, but he hasn't played in a game since his junior season at Buffalo. Beat writer Pete Dougherty suspects that Starks' fundamentals have slipped so much in two years that the Packers can't afford to carry a player so unready to help on game days.
(RotoWire) Green Bay will not activate Starks (hamstring) from the physically-unable-to-perform list this week, Packers.com reports. Analysis: Starks may contribute at some point this season, but it's been more than a year and a half since he last played in a game. If you're holding onto him in a very deep league, consider anything you get out of him a pleasant surprise.
My "Choo Choo" just became a "BOO! BOO!"
at least it fits with the Halloween spirit! :twisted:

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

(KFFL) The Green Bay Packers activated RB James Starks (hamstring) from the Physically Unable to Perform list Tuesday, Nov. 9.

Here We Go!!!

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 am

WarriorPoet wrote:(KFFL) The Green Bay Packers activated RB James Starks (hamstring) from the Physically Unable to Perform list Tuesday, Nov. 9.

Here We Go!!!
:twisted:
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave