What to do with this team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

What to do with this team?

Postby heydangle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Started off 3-0. Now 3-1. Doing well point wise but injuries have hurt me. Do I sell off or wait it out. Just traded two late 1sts for Watson. Thinking of trading my QBs, once healthy for hauls, if possible. 12 team superflex. ppr. pretty normal scoring.
Notable players:

Bradford
Carr
Luck
Watson

Vereen
Foreman
Cook
Perine
Yeldon

Crabtree
Garcon
Sanders
Juju
Travis Benjamin
Brice Butler
Alex Erickson
Kerley
Sanu
Mike Wallace
Albert Wilson

Gronk
Witten
Anderson
Lewis
McDonald
Michael Roberts
Last edited by heydangle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: What to do with this team?

Postby Samhain34 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 pm

I don't see this team in your sig. What is the scoring? Is it superflex or regular? How many teams? Happy to help, but need league info. And also, give us everybody. You never know which players others have insight on.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Samhain34 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 pm I don't see this team in your sig. What is the scoring? Is it superflex or regular? How many teams? Happy to help, but need league info. And also, give us everybody. You never know which players others have insight on.
It's a new team, idk if it'd fit in my sig. It's a 12 team superflex with 1.5 TE PPR, regular scoring outside of that.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:22 pm

I don't think you have enough talent to compete this year, but I also wouldn't sell off Luck or Carr. I'd wait till Bradford comes back and has a good game or two and then sell him. Build around the young stud QBs in a SF instead of trading them away.

j_thunda_
Rookie
Rookie

Postby j_thunda_ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm

I don't play superflex, but it appears to me you have some gaping holes in your run game and a little light on topend WR talent moving forward. Find a way to trade for veteran RB's or that top pick next year and draft a young RB. Pair Cook with Saquon (depending upon where he lands) and you may have a solid team next year.
Team 1
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1 W/R
1PPR, 12 Teams, 20 Roster Spots

QBs: C. Wentz, J. Garoppolo, L.Jackson
RBs: S. Barkley, L. Bell, C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, D. Foreman
WRs: OBJ, J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Davis, S. Watkins, C. Sutton, S. Diggs, JuJu Smith Schuster, C. Godwin
TEs: Travis Kelce, Njoku
Def: Ravens
K: Boswell

2019 Picks: 3
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Bad move trading those firsts for Watson. You have Carr and Luck, QB is your team's greatest strength. There was no need to feel the pressure because of their injuries, both will be starting by week 8. RB is your most current need. But WR will be your downfall of the future if you don't address it soon.

I think your only option is to trade Luck if he comes back strong. His offensive line makes his future foggy and you'll still have Carr and Watson. While your at it, look to move Gronk, another liability and big name who could bring you a huge haul.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:21 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:36 pm Bad move trading those firsts for Watson. You have Carr and Luck, QB is your team's greatest strength. There was no need to feel the pressure because of their injuries, both will be starting by week 8. RB is your most current need. But WR will be your downfall of the future if you don't address it soon.

I think your only option is to trade Luck if he comes back strong. His offensive line makes his future foggy and you'll still have Carr and Watson. While your at it, look to move Gronk, another liability and big name who could bring you a huge haul.
I've been shopping the WRs I have to no avail. Time to shop Gronk and the QBs once they're healthy.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 pm

So you are deep at qb, and 3 of 4 are injured, the top te and he's injured and the rest of your roster is pretty weak. Right now I'd try to continue to lock up the #1 pick for next season. Wait for all of your qb's to get healthy and then put the for for sale sign up and look to get the biggest haul for one of them, most likely Luck, and keep rebuilding. Make sure you create a lot of competition between all owners for one of your qbs.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 am

dblj1199 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 pm So you are deep at qb, and 3 of 4 are injured, the top te and he's injured and the rest of your roster is pretty weak. Right now I'd try to continue to lock up the #1 pick for next season. Wait for all of your qb's to get healthy and then put the for for sale sign up and look to get the biggest haul for one of them, most likely Luck, and keep rebuilding. Make sure you create a lot of competition between all owners for one of your qbs.
sounds like a plan, except I stupidly traded my first, but I'm 3-1 so I likely won't get the 1st pick anyway.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am

there's also no trading deadline, so I can wait to sell off my point getters

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 pm

heydangle wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 am
dblj1199 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 pm So you are deep at qb, and 3 of 4 are injured, the top te and he's injured and the rest of your roster is pretty weak. Right now I'd try to continue to lock up the #1 pick for next season. Wait for all of your qb's to get healthy and then put the for for sale sign up and look to get the biggest haul for one of them, most likely Luck, and keep rebuilding. Make sure you create a lot of competition between all owners for one of your qbs.
sounds like a plan, except I stupidly traded my first, but I'm 3-1 so I likely won't get the 1st pick anyway.
Since you are 3-1 see if you can get a discount on your Pick. If you get your 1st back then it make it easier to sell sooner.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 pm

You're too weak at RB + WR to really compete this year. I would look to sell one of your QBs. I'm not that high on Watson so I would trade him but that'll obviously be hard now that you just traded for him. Like someone else said, maybe try to trade Bradford if a contending team doesn't have a QB.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Hopefully can get a 1st for Bradford.. Might get a better haul out of Luck or Carr anyway after their returns. About to go 4-1 with the performance by Watson.

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 am

I'd say Watson is at the zenith of his value after that monster game. The thing is: Does he come back to earth or can he be the real deal for years to come? He did just light up the Chiefs, which is no small task. Your WR corps, while not great, isn't the dumpster fire everybody seems to think. Crabtree is good, Juju is going to be legit #2 in PIT by the end of the year.

I'm down with selling off Gronk, but in Superflex, it's REALLY nice to have three good starters. Especially with injuries and bye weeks. Also, I'm dumping any middling player and rolling the wire for lotto tickets. I didn't have any picks this year after trading my 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 for Wentz and Gordon (Also sent some WR chud over and got back K. Wright), and I still wound up with Jones in GB, Cohen in CHI, and Carson in SEA, whom I immediately flipped for Mack Hollins. If you have to dump any QB, I'm saying wait for Bradford to light it up a couple times and dump him. Luck is a star and once they finally take out the trash (coach-wise) in IND, Luck is going to be fine.

Also, you have a nice RB starter kit for next year.

Jaguars8907
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jaguars8907 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:41 am

I'd move one of those QB's and Witten for some RB help
0.5 PPR Scoring - 12 Team - Dynasty Kings
QB [Start 1] RB [1] WR [2] TE [1] FLEX [2] K [1] IDP [3]
2012 Silver
2017 Bronze
2018 Bronze
2019 Silver

Quarterbacks - Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Gardner Minshew II
Running backs - Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, James Robinson, Darrell Henderson, Jamal Williams, Matt Breida, Darrel Williams, Frank Gore, Royce Freeman, Tony Pollard
Wide receivers - Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, Denzel Mims, Hunter Renfrow, James Washington, Breshad Perriman
Tight ends - George Kittle, David Njoku, Gerald Everett, Drew Sample
Kickers - Wil Lutz
IDP - Myles Jack, Joe Schobert, Jaylon Smith, Kenneth Murray
Taxi Squad - Laviska Shenault, Devin Duvernay, Anthony McFarland, Deejay Dallas