Buck Allen Sell Or Hold?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Buck Allen Sell Or Hold?

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Where do these picks project? I'm prob selling regardless, but where?

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm
Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

He also has to Add Kelly to Buck and the 2nd to get a first. You shouldn't have to add a 2nd to both of those guys for a first, so I wouldn't. f it's just buck and a 2nd for a first I'd do that all day.
Yes but Kelley has a Rib injury and at best he's the (slightly) bigger part of a committee going forward. If it gets him to a first, with his RB depth, I'd jump all over that.
Is the first looking late or early? My guess is late if someone is willing to sell it for replacement level RBs. Kelly or Buck should net you a 2nd right now each. It's in season and they're productive RBs. I wouldn't pay 3 2nds for a late first. If I thought it there was a chance it was early I'd reconsider
I don't disagree with not wanting to value 3 x 2nd = 1 x 1st but I would quibble that you could get a 2nd straight up for either of them. Kelley is hurt with other RBs on his team performing well and Allen is competing for snaps.

If I didn't need either of them, and he clearly doesn't, I'd sell while I could as there is significant risk for both of them loosing value quickly as I don't believe either of their values is based on superior talent, just momentary opportunity which can be fleeting.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm Depends.

I am holding
Apparently my post cut off.

I am holding primarily because there is nothing but trash on the wire and I never invest heavily in RB.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm
Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

He also has to Add Kelly to Buck and the 2nd to get a first. You shouldn't have to add a 2nd to both of those guys for a first, so I wouldn't. f it's just buck and a 2nd for a first I'd do that all day.
Yes but Kelley has a Rib injury and at best he's the (slightly) bigger part of a committee going forward. If it gets him to a first, with his RB depth, I'd jump all over that.
Is the first looking late or early? My guess is late if someone is willing to sell it for replacement level RBs. Kelly or Buck should net you a 2nd right now each. It's in season and they're productive RBs. I wouldn't pay 3 2nds for a late first. If I thought it there was a chance it was early I'd reconsider
He won't budge on 2018 so the 1st he's offering is 2019. It's hard to say that far our where that pick will end up in the round. His top RB is Zeke and his next best is Vereen so he's hurting there for depth. The rest of his starters are Cousins, Garçon, DT, DJax, and Ertz. If Zeke serves 6 games next season his 2019 1st may be mid to high.
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm I don't disagree with not wanting to value 3 x 2nd = 1 x 1st but I would quibble that you could get a 2nd straight up for either of them. Kelley is hurt with other RBs on his team performing well and Allen is competing for snaps.

If I didn't need either of them, and he clearly doesn't, I'd sell while I could as there is significant risk for both of them loosing value quickly as I don't believe either of their values is based on superior talent, just momentary opportunity which can be fleeting.
Who is Buck competing with? West kind of? In PPR Buck is the back to own and I don't see anyone selling for less than a 2nd. Kelly does have an injury but he was not competing with anyone for early down work. Perine was inefficient in a game where his opponent had no answer for the rush. Kelly will resume his role once healthy. If he were a 3 down back he'd be worth a 1st. Early down backs in high scoring offenses don't sell for less than 2nds mid season. That's the price of competing.

I would absolutely be looking to sell either of these guys, but you're treating Kelly like a throw-in when he isn't and acting like Buck being an RB1 through 2 games doesn't make him worth a 2nd to a contender.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm He won't budge on 2018 so the 1st he's offering is 2019. It's hard to say that far our where that pick will end up in the round. His top RB is Zeke and his next best is Vereen so he's hurting there for depth. The rest of his starters are Cousins, Garçon, DT, DJax, and Ertz. If Zeke serves 6 games next season his 2019 1st may be mid to high.
So you have to give up Buck, Kelly, and a 2018 2nd for a 2019 first? hard pass. Theoretically you might be able to get a 2019 first for your 2018 2nd during your draft. I'd consider giving one of these guys plus the 2nd for a 2019 first if you're competing strongly, which it looks like you are, but certainly not both.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm
Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm He won't budge on 2018 so the 1st he's offering is 2019. It's hard to say that far our where that pick will end up in the round. His top RB is Zeke and his next best is Vereen so he's hurting there for depth. The rest of his starters are Cousins, Garçon, DT, DJax, and Ertz. If Zeke serves 6 games next season his 2019 1st may be mid to high.
So you have to give up Buck, Kelly, and a 2018 2nd for a 2019 first? hard pass. Theoretically you might be able to get a 2019 first for your 2018 2nd during your draft. I'd consider giving one of these guys plus the 2nd for a 2019 first if you're competing strongly, which it looks like you are, but certainly not both.
Agree with that being a pass as I value a 2019 1st = 2018 2nd so there's no value there.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:02 pm

My only issue is you're getting a 19 first. Not a fan of 2 year our picks but I'm always willing to sell (especially a guy that was a lottery ticket add in a trade this past off-season). I thought he was going to be a "must hold" for my team (2RB start league) but got Gio in a trade last night and Henry may be getting a lot more snaps after this past weekend. Looking forward to seeing some trades and seeing what you get.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

He has two offers now.

I give the same in each: Allen, Kelley, 2018 2nd

I get:
A: 2018 3rd, 2019 1st and 3rd
B: 2019 1st and 2nd, plus Vernon Davis (who I assume he thinks has.value to me since I have Reed)

RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm He has two offers now.

I get:
B: 2019 1st and 2nd, plus Vernon Davis (who I assume he thinks has.value to me since I have Reed)
I'd pass on both and ask for a 20181st or shop elsewhere.

As I said, I'd want to sell both but Ivalue a 2019 1st as a 2018 2nd so there a wash there. So he's offering you a 2019 2nd and Vernon Davis or a 2018 3rd and 2019 3rd for both Allen and Kelley. Pass on both those.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 pm
Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm He has two offers now.

I get:
I'd pass on both and ask for a 20181st or shop elsewhere.

As I said, I'd want to sell both but Ivalue a 2019 1st as a 2018 2nd so there a wash there. So he's offering you a 2019 2nd and Vernon Davis or a 2018 3rd and 2019 3rd for both Allen and Kelley. Pass on both those.
That's exactly how I evaluate it. I've told him repeatedly a 2018 2nd and a 2019 1st are the same to me. The 2018 2nd that he wants is his original pick that I acquired last year. I've offered the 2018 2nd with the 2 RBs for his 2018 1st and 2019 2nd but he hasn't budged on that.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm

If it's an established league that will last, I'm taking option B for the picks as they will age and gain value (Allen and Kelley will not).

We are talking about a RB that is prob around RB15 in Allen and Kelley who is prob like RB50 in a 0.5 PPR after 2 weeks. Why is the world do you expect a 1st in return? You can shop them elsewhere but if I were the other guy, I would have taken my future picks elsewhere long ago in this negotiation.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm If it's an established league that will last, I'm taking option B for the picks as they will age and gain value (Allen and Kelley will not).

We are talking about a RB that is prob around RB15 in Allen and Kelley who is prob like RB50 in a 0.5 PPR after 2 weeks. Why is the world do you expect a 1st in return? You can shop them elsewhere but if I were the other guy, I would have taken my future picks elsewhere long ago in this negotiation.
Even if you hate the players you're forgetting that he's giving up an '18 2nd along with them. You have to admit that often times when players fall a future first is paid for a current 2nd during a draft. There's no reason to be adding two fantasy viable RBs and a current 2nd for a future first. Why do that when you could simply hold onto the players and trade then '18 2nd during the draft for more? Might as well negotiate with other owners and see if you can get value for either of them because you're basically giving them away in this deal

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 pm
The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm If it's an established league that will last, I'm taking option B for the picks as they will age and gain value (Allen and Kelley will not).

Even if you hate the players you're forgetting that he's giving up an '18 2nd along with them. You have to admit that often times when players fall a future first is paid for a current 2nd during a draft. There's no reason to be adding two fantasy viable RBs and a current 2nd for a future first. Why do that when you could simply hold onto the players and trade then '18 2nd during the draft for more? Might as well negotiate with other owners and see if you can get value for either of them because you're basically giving them away in this deal
Kelley is not a viable fantasy starter in a 10 team, 0.5 PPR where you only have to start 2 RBs. Not even close. His film has been terrible this year also.

If you think Allen is going to maintain this level, I don't fault anyone for holding out on him...I personally do not think he will and also think his vlaue will be nothing this time next year. I love acquiring rookie picks and holding UNTIL right before the draft as they are just extremely valuable then (in my leagues atleast). Not to mention, in 10 team leagues, you can usually jump into the top 5 with two late round firsts to land a guy you really like...usully. It's the long road for sure but one that will likely pay off at that time considering what he is giving up. Just my thoughts.

Maybe tell him to *drop* VD from his side and drop your 2018 2nd to a 2018 3rd? I'm guessing this was previously said tho, haha.
Last edited by The Red Rooster on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:16 pm

This is our 13th year so the league isn't going anywhere. I may ask him to give a 3rd with B.