I lost arob and DJ. I still want to win.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
roofy61
Role Player
Role Player

Re: I lost arob and DJ. I still want to win.

Postby roofy61 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

Noooooo!

roofy61
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roofy61 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

Noooooo!

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:47 pm

onetwothree wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 pm Any reason you're that confident it'll be no lower than 2nd?

How are you going to compete this year with team 2 if you don't have a QB? Luck is out indefinitely and Tannehill is out for the season.
i updated the roster...i picked up cutler before he actually signed...Bradford was dropped when we had to cut our roster to 25...lucky me..

as for the "no lower than 2nd", here is his roster
goff, rivers, wilson, dobbs
latavius, spiller, dwayne washington, jonathon williams, damien williams, devante mayes
DT, lockett, perriman, treadwell, lee, stills, ardarius, geronimo
howard, cook, thomas, walker
dixon and carlos henderson on IR

pretty confident that is a bottom team...
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:02 am That is one of the dumbest trade proposals I have ever seen

Even if selling injured assets for win now pieces, why in the heck would you want a next years pick!?!

i am quite confident that the 1st would be pick 1 or 2....that would replace my loss of RB DJ (to some extent)..i understand the loss of value from Arob to DT, but Arob is not doing me any good right now (or last year for that matter). i worry about Jax...
Watson, Brady, Mills
Cousins, Stafford
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm

This trade literally makes no sense. None. Why it's even a discussion post is beyond me. Giving up arguably the #1 dynasty RB for an aging 29 yr old DT and the 1-2 pick next is not even close to worth it, much less adding ARob to the mix. Yeesh.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm

snaps06 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm This trade literally makes no sense. None. Why it's even a discussion post is beyond me. Giving up arguably the #1 dynasty RB for an aging 29 yr old DT and the 1-2 pick next is not even close to worth it, much less adding ARob to the mix. Yeesh.
now, no reason to get angry about it....
that will be a first or second pick....i guarantee it....so it is not the WORST offer ever...i can show you some of those...
but i may be panicking a little...this team is/was set to win now...kinda rough when you lose 2 key pieces the first week
Watson, Brady, Mills
Cousins, Stafford

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:29 pm

vixen wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm
snaps06 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm This trade literally makes no sense. None. Why it's even a discussion post is beyond me. Giving up arguably the #1 dynasty RB for an aging 29 yr old DT and the 1-2 pick next is not even close to worth it, much less adding ARob to the mix. Yeesh.
that will be a first or second pick....i guarantee it....so it is not the WORST offer ever...i can show you some of those...
but i may be panicking a little...this team is/was set to win now...kinda rough when you lose 2 key pieces the first week
It's definitely rough losing those two keys pieces in the first week.

It's definitely franchise-ending if you gift those two key pieces away.

Take a side step and set yourself up for next year. Be patient. Breathe.

tperry14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tperry14 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 pm

do not sell them now, their values are in the tank
12-Man, 0.5 ppr, ret yards, 30 man roster, 1-2 QB, 3-5 RB, 4-6 WR, 1-3 TE
QB- Lamar, Foles, Bridgewater, Grier
RB- Laird, Williams, Scarbrough, Ajayi, Hilliard
WR- Thomas, Golladay, Kupp, Kirk, Landry, Samuel, Gordon, A. Tate, Snead
TE- Andrews, Hockenson, Fant, Njoku, Fells
2020: 1.01,1.06,1.07,1.08,1.09,2.02,2.03,2.05,2.07,3.07
2021: 2,3,5

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 pm

vixen wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:47 pm
onetwothree wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 pm Any reason you're that confident it'll be no lower than 2nd?

How are you going to compete this year with team 2 if you don't have a QB? Luck is out indefinitely and Tannehill is out for the season.
i updated the roster...i picked up cutler before he actually signed...Bradford was dropped when we had to cut our roster to 25...lucky me..

as for the "no lower than 2nd", here is his roster
goff, rivers, wilson, dobbs
latavius, spiller, dwayne washington, jonathon williams, damien williams, devante mayes
DT, lockett, perriman, treadwell, lee, stills, ardarius, geronimo
howard, cook, thomas, walker
dixon and carlos henderson on IR

pretty confident that is a bottom team...
Your logic makes sense and the team you're targeting is pretty bad but you're giving up way too much in value. One or the other for that package is the right move but probably won't net you both DT and the 1st.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 am

This would be without question the worst move in dynasty history.

You post a lot on here vixon and usually have some really insightful things to add. I'm literally blown away that you would consider this.

DT is a jag at this point with that questionable offense and doesn't get you one centimeter closer to winning. even if that 18 firsts is 1.02 guice isn't worth anything near dj next year.

I know it sucks and I know you are extremely frustrated but don't ruin. Your dynasty team because you had terrible luck week 1.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:03 am

Selling players low while they're injured makes no sense. This is an awful trade. Johnson is capable of single-handedly winning you a league and Allen Robinson is still young enough to recover from an ACL injury.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:54 am

vixen wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm
Of course it's rough, but the reason to play dynasty is because you want to win as many years as possible, not just this year. You're definitely panicking. Pre-injury, ARob for DT and a 1st was fair. Is the injury discount you have to give up equivalent to DJ? Of course not! And, of course, you know that.

If you want to move DJ and/or Robinson, there's a fine reason to do it, but you have to get value. Put it out to the league that you'd move one or both guys, and let your league mates bid each other up!!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:03 pm

vixen wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 pm I may be selling short but I do want to win.

Would you sell DJ and arob for DT and 2018 1st?

Now, there is a chance that this actually gets rejected, believe it or not. But DT helps now. And the 2018 1 st is guaranteed no later than 2nd (though, we know anything is possible).
For team 2 below.

Thoughts?
If you're extremely confident in your valuation then why not? I'd personally want more, but dynasty consensus can actually be an anchor in this situation because it keeps you from thinking outside the box. No one knows what the values in your league are more than the OP and while it is good to have opposing takes and people to talk you off ledges - sometimes it doesnt hurt to try and fly.

While most people here likely still value ARob over DT and I would count myself amongst them - I own him and would not sell him cheaply myself - but at the same time 1 of them is still producing this year, and ARobs upside is equally tempered by his downside. See Michael Floyd*. DT is still on pace for another 1000 yard season even after a less than spectacular Week I - ergo solid WR2 production. Not every owner of every league comes to DLF and a lot of them still value short term production quite highly - so it is still feasible at the end of season vixen could get more for DT than he could for ARob - whose WR1 season will now 3 years in the rear come 2018.

So while I do not, I can definitely see ARob = DT.

Assuming the 1st turns into the 1.01 or 1.02 - then we are talking about a great shot at getting Barkley or Sutton or whichever devy player you feel is the next elite. There are already going to be owners who would NOT give up the 1.01 for DJ due to their situation. While yes DJ value will rebound or should remain above 1.01, that is not a guarantee. What is almost a guarantee that high end rookie picks keep going up in value and can turn into a great windfall if the owner is sharp. Nor is vixen required to keep the pick. Maybe in 3-4 weeks he flips it to a team who while owns a McCoy or another veterans producing is out of playoff contention. Or he can use his pick that way and keep the more valuable one.

Anyways if this is part of a plan where you try to compete while also building for the future - it is risky but you have to do what you have to do. If this is a panic move then maybe not so good idea.

Do all future scenarios come to pass - no - but sometimes if you have a hunch go with that hunch. That is why owners drafted players like DJ in the first place. Theoretically speaking DJ value should remain the same and he should return to being an RB1 as a floor in 2018, but at the same time both the NFL and fantasy football is also at times a what have you done for me lately ... so I have no problem with vixen acquiring 2 assets that will hopefully him win now or later.

I do think when all is said and done - it never hurts to try and get more if you can. But at the same time if you want to win, and your league knows it too, you're not the one holding the winning hand. If you're of the opinion that this is a good value for you - then take your shot.

* - 2016 all many people could talk about was Floyd leaving the Cardinals and landing in a juicy situation. Now yes ARob is not Floyd and not likely to get a DUI but the point is future value is not locked into stone, and negative outcomes are easily possible. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush thinking.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

coldfusion167
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby coldfusion167 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 am

While it sucks losing two main players to injury - I wouldn't do that trade. If you really are interested in trading DJ, why not send out a league message and let all teams know. Then see what they offer. Someone may put together a higher value package deal than what is being offered now.
TEAM 1: 14 Team PPR
QB: T. Lawrence, D. Carr
RB: K. Walker, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, J. Ford, Z. Charbonnet, R. Doodle
WR: T. Hill, S. Diggs, K. Allen, J. Meyers, D. Mooney, S. Moore, R. Moore, J. Palmer, K. Osborn, K. Shakir
TE: D. Waller, G. Everett