Post-injury Allen Robinson value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Post-injury Allen Robinson value

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 am

have him on 2 teams (made the ingenious idea of going out and buying him in 2 leagues this offseason) would like to move him for something although not sure what people would pay?

for the owners who are in rebuild would this be someone you would go out and buy? how much?

for general owners what are your thoughts and would you pay?

thanks
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Post-injury Allen Robinson value

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:15 am

You'll get more towards end of season when teams are fighting for a playoff spot / when there's more comeback hype. If you can go the season without him, just hold until season ends or close to end of season when rebuilding teams see they arent gonna make playoffs, because up until they point, they try to hold out hope and wont want to kill their season.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 am

hes a hold, nobody is gonna pay much for him until hes healthy and on another team. I love him as a player and own lots of shares but i will be making lowball offers only for his bench riding abilities this season. this is VERY similar to keenan allen last season (got him for charles sims and tyler lockett) planning a similar approach this year, such as a Zay and a 2nd round pick or something
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 am

Worst time to sell now. Keenan owners panicked after he tore his ACL week one, but his valued climbed right back up before the beginning of this season. Luckily, Arob is only 24 and should be 100% healthy by next season. ACL tears suck in terms of players missing the year, but it's no longer a career threatening injury and players come back to form pretty quickly. If you can, I'd hold, unless someone makes you a fair offer.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 am

if theres a good time to tear a acl it's pre season or week one so you can come back healthy for the following season. So right now everyone has a shot to make the playoffs, sneak in, etc. I'd hold him and try and shop him to a rebuilding team late season or off season once he begins rehab and is closer to a comeback.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

Actually, this is far worse than Allen's situation.

Allen had been productive before his injury (Robinson had a down season). Allen would be returning to his team (Robinson will be a free agent). Allen has a legit QB and offense in place when he would return (Robinson, well, doesn't).

People could buy Allen as soon as he was injured with real confidence that he return to his level of play. Even if Robinson were healthy all season, many owners would wonder if he would ever return to his level of play. Now, every single thing -- fear of an outlier season, health, which team he will be on, etc. -- are working against Robinson.

Maybe, just maybe, you'll get an offer for 75%-80% of his pre-injury value. In that case, go ahead and sell. Odds are that you'll get low-ball offers now.

So, what to do? Nothing. If you have an IR spot, use it. Otherwise, hold. If anyone asks about him, say, "Look, I just traded for him in the off-season since I believe in his talent. ACL injuries aren't long-term issues at all -- look at Jordy as an example. As a bonus, he's a free agent, meaning there's a damn good chance he'll be off Jax next year. Put that together, and, while his injury sucks for this year, it doesn't impact his long-term outlook for me. And, honestly, that's why I got him: I was nervous about him this year anyway (I can admit that now!), but I really see him as a legit WR moving forward."

When you say that, everyone else will back away. But, you can then quote yourself from December through May of next year in an attempt to sell and get value out of him -- if you still decide to sell him then.

Bottom line, do NOT put him on the block: you'll only get crap offers and indicate your lack of faith in Robinson. If you want any hope of recouping some value, when someone comes to you, just talk him up -- with things that you actually believe, since you traded for him this off-season. That's the only real credibility that you have, so use it. Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

AndrewS
Starter
Starter

Postby AndrewS » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:22 am

i'll be sending out some offers but agree that he's a solid hold right now. I'm trying to find the owner that is sick of him and doesn't want to wait it out.
Team 1 - 12 Team Half PPR
Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 D/ST
Total Starters = 10
Russel Wilson, Eli Manning
Bell, Howard, Hyde, J Williams, Smallwood, A Jones, J Allen, D Washington
M Thomas, B Cooks, D Hopkins, A Jeffery, Meredith, Boyd, Caroo, Smelter, T Benjamin, C Hansen
Ebron, Butt, V McDonald, G Kittle
2018 1, 1, 3, 4 2019 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4

Team 2 - 12 Team Half PPR
Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K
Total Starters = 10
Brees, Bortles, Goff, Fitzpatrick
D Freeman, L Miller, JStew, CJ Anderson, J Hill, J Williams
TY Hilton, K Allen, A Thielen, Tate, Stills, Hogan, Wheaton, Hansen
Graham, Walker, Z Miller

Team 3 - 12 Team Full PPR
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 FLEX (RB/WR/TE)
Total Starters = 8
A Rodgers
Ingram, Ware, Martin, L Murray, AP, Artis-Payne, Quizz Rodgers, D Lewis, R Jennings, Josh Ferguson
AJ Green, J Landry, D Baldwin, E Decker, J Brown, R Cobb, J Janis, T Smith
J Reed, E Ebron, E Swoope, J Heuerman

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 am

makes sense...AND as a Keenan owner (i know, lucky me) i probably couldnt a 2nd for him early last year and was getting some definite interest right around the draft...
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:32 am

In the league I own Arob in I'm not selling unless I get full value. I'd rather hold and let his value rebound next season then give him away for pennies on the dollar.
Luckily in my other league I traded Arob away as part of a package for Bell. I've already sent out an offer of Hyde for Arob trying to get him back for cheap.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:51 am

I'd consider offering two firsts for him.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am

Holy *^#* that crushed my rebuild, and a summers worth of 16 trades to get him. No option but to try and absorb it, and hold. I had high hopes for the jags rebounding and they looked good yesterday. This hurts 4nette as they will stack the box every play. The trickle down for my team is devastating. Everyone acquired him because they believe in his talent. Do not sell low, but I would be looking to buy low. However if someone came with multiple firsts or an older wr that could help I would probably take it, however I don't anticipate any good offers coming my way. Pickup M. Lee, keep your head up, and hope he is catching passes from A healthy Luck next year.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am

Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am Holy *^#* that crushed my rebuild, and a summers worth of 16 trades to get him. No option but to try and absorb it, and hold. I had high hopes for the jags rebounding and they looked good yesterday. This hurts 4nette as they will stack the box every play. The trickle down for my team is devastating. Everyone acquired him because they believe in his talent. Do not sell low, but I would be looking to buy low. However if someone came with multiple firsts or an older wr that could help I would probably take it, however I don't anticipate any good offers coming my way. Pickup M. Lee, keep your head up, and hope he is catching passes from A healthy Luck next year.
Don't get my hopes up.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am Pickup M. Lee, keep your head up, and hope he is catching passes from A healthy Luck next year.
i grabbed Marqis earlier in the offseason...i had a bad feeling about ARob...weird

no clue where he'll be but i cant imagine JAX pony's the cash to pay him....could be indy but very doubful, my guess would be somewhere like SF, CLE or potentially NO

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm

I would definitely not try to sell now unless you can get close to full value. His value will come back up at the end of the season.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:01 pm

My question is did anyone have faith in him before the injury , I mean I know it is redraft but he was going 5th - 7th round in 12 and 16 team leagues so his value was already real low.

Redrafts In my 10 team league he went 71st , in my 16 team league he went 51st
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR