Need to Drop Someone for a Kicker... help!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who to drop for a kicker?

Booker
17%
Lewis
71%
Burkhead
4%
Treadwell
8%

Total votes: 24

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Need to Drop Someone for a Kicker... help!

Postby skip » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm
The Pyrate wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm
Treadwell. He's a gadget guy still and the Vikes are run-first. Your bench is decently deep at WR and you can always pick up another (or the same) WR after your done with your K2. Hopefully, the need for a K2 is only for the first week Florida bye teams.
Treadwell is a gadget guy? Gadget, as in a broken tool sitting in the darkened garage that never gets used? That type of gadget?
I found that post rather humorous. Not to mention that he'd get swiped up in a New York minute.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

vixen
Legend
Legend

Postby vixen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Avery wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 pm
The Red Rooster wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:42 pm
Trade 2 of them for 1 guy you like or a late rookie pick..then add your kicker.

Edit: voted Lewis tho
Good thought but no takers for anything I'd value more than one of these guys.
something is better than nothing...if you drop one, you get nothing...i would look to trade as well...perhaps the gillislee owner would pay for a little insurance...even if you get a 3rd round pick...or send them plus a 3rd for a 2nd...
good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
mahomes, Dan Jones
kamara, mack, lindsay,Love, Pollard
antonio, AJG, thielen, sutton, kirk, Hurd, JJAW, Slayton, Gage
Hooper, Herndon
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Jimmy GQ, Brissett
DHenry, DJ, DFreeman, McKinnon, Darwin Thompson, CEH, JT/Mack
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Sutton,Jo Brown, Boyd, ]JJAW, Harmon, Preston Williams, Coulter, Collin Johnson
Andrews, Herndon, Fant, Albert O
team 3-superflex/TE premium 1-2QB 1-6RB 2-7WR 1-6TE (10 total)
R/W=.2ppc/1ppr/.25pt per target TE=1.5ppr/.35per target/.15per yd
also .1pt per return yd/.05 per attempt
Josh Allen,Jones, Love
Cook, Chubb, Sanders, Swift, Vaughn, Latavius
Lockett, Kupp, Jo Brown, Slayton, Preston Williams, Isabella, Hurd, Funchess, Edwards, Collin Johnson
Andrews, Herndon/Griffin, I Thomas, Fant, Moreau, Parham, Asiasi, Gronk

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Lewis or Booker, but definitely a RB as you only have to start 1

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 am

skip wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:
The Pyrate wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm
Treadwell. He's a gadget guy still and the Vikes are run-first. Your bench is decently deep at WR and you can always pick up another (or the same) WR after your done with your K2. Hopefully, the need for a K2 is only for the first week Florida bye teams.
Treadwell is a gadget guy? Gadget, as in a broken tool sitting in the darkened garage that never gets used? That type of gadget?
I found that post rather humorous. Not to mention that he'd get swiped up in a New York minute.
Treadwell may be one of those players more valuable to real-life than fantasy teams. No doubt an NFL team would want him. However, he is owned in 1% of Yahoo leagues and 38% of MFL leagues. If kicker is only a one-week need to cover bye week for the Florida teams, drop Treadwell and pick him back up in week 2. If he gets snapped, WR is easier to pull from waivers than RB.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 am

The Pyrate wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 am
skip wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:

Treadwell may be one of those players more valuable to real-life than fantasy teams. No doubt an NFL team would want him. However, he is owned in 1% of Yahoo leagues and 38% of MFL leagues. If kicker is only a one-week need to cover bye week for the Florida teams, drop Treadwell and pick him back up in week 2. If he gets snapped, WR is easier to pull from waivers than RB.
Clearly you've already written off Treadwell as a complete bust in the NFL. I've seen a few others do so as well. While you can certainly do that, I find it rather interesting the players that people hang onto for years just hoping for a breakout as compared with a guy who didn't even see the field last season. It's way too premature to write him off.

Yahoo is a poor representation since the vast majority of leagues are redraft with small roster sizes and you can pull guys like Corey Davis and Tevin Coleman off of waivers. This is dynasty where the Treadwells of the world should absolutely be rostered.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dpham503
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dpham503 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am

Drop Lewis... he's next on my list to go too... he only had a couple touches and relegated to punt return duty.
12-Team, Full PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SF
QB: Winston, Tannehill, Brady, K. Allen, RG3, Manning
RB: Gordon, Conner, Guice, Laird, M. Davis, J. Williams, B. Scott, Henderson, McCoy, D. Lewis
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Edelman, Tate, Slayton, Samuel, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, J. Smith, Graham
Taxi: Stidham, Willis