First year Superflex trade question

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

First year Superflex trade question

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 am

This is my first year playing in SF leagues and I joined two, so I'm definitely inexperienced. Anyway, between the draft and waiver wire in one of my SF leagues, I've got Brady, Carr, Watson/Savage, Cutler and Hoyer. So, I put Hoyer on the trading block and got an offer of Randall Cobb for Hoyer & Marlon Mack. I'm not going to trade Mack so that's out of the question but is Cobb for Hoyer close or should I ask for more? I understand that QBs are so important but even though I think Hoyer is kinda valuable this season, I would expect him to replaced for sure by next season, so any feedback/insight would be appreciated. I need WR help pretty bad in that league.

His WRs: Cooper, Watkins, CoCo, Snead, Cobb, Taywan, Wallace

My WRs: AJG, Baldwin, Garçon, John Brown, Agholor, JuJu

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: First year Superflex trade question

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am

I think you can get better out of Hoyer. He doesn't have any competition really as of right now and honestly shouldn't, Hoyer can lead a good team to a wild card spot and a mediocre team to an 8-8 season.

I'd hold until someone's QB goes down, then they'll be willing to give up more for him.

Edit: How man WR do you start? I am higher on Snead than Cobb due to age and lack of injury history. I may be willing to ship Hoyer for Snead if you're really desperate at wr
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 am

Slackalacker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am I think you can get better out of Hoyer. He doesn't have any competition really as of right now and honestly shouldn't, Hoyer can lead a good team to a wild card spot and a mediocre team to an 8-8 season.

I'd hold until someone's QB goes down, then they'll be willing to give up more for him.

Edit: How man WR do you start? I am higher on Snead than Cobb due to age and lack of injury history. I may be willing to ship Hoyer for Snead if you're really desperate at wr

We only have to start 2 WRs. We start a total of 9 players between QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs. No kickers or defenses.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 am
Slackalacker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am I think you can get better out of Hoyer. He doesn't have any competition really as of right now and honestly shouldn't, Hoyer can lead a good team to a wild card spot and a mediocre team to an 8-8 season.

We only have to start 2 WRs. We start a total of 9 players between QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs. No kickers or defenses.
In superflex leagues I know Starting QBs, no matter the caliber, tend to warrant first round picks.

I'd most likely be willing to move Hoyer for a 2018 or 2019 1st round pick. Your QBs are set for awhile I doubt you'll even have to use Hoyer so I'd be okay selling him for the future.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:47 am

Hoyer should have a 2nd round value. Cobb isn't a terrible return, but I'd wait and see if you can get more... maybe early during the season.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:50 am

Okay, thanks guys. I'll probably just wait because that's the only offer that I've received so far and I would think some of the other teams will get desperate after a few weeks.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:54 am

i agree on the 2nd round value of Hoyer....with your team, i would be willing to gamble Cobb for Hoyer.

since the guy originally thought you should add to your side, i doubt that you will get much more...but doesn't hurt to ask for an additional 3rd round pick....i would certainly not add anything to your side.

personally, i would rather have cobb (over snead) but that may just be preference
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris