giants snag rosenfels

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

giants snag rosenfels

Postby Guppy CEO » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minn ... nts-090310

with a few teams needing a decent QB, its hard to believe that the giants are the one to get him for such a cheap price. didnt the vikings give up a 2nd to acquire him? i think he could have started for AZ, CLE or even been a better backup for SEA. gotta feel sorry for the guy. he went from backing up schaub, to going to the vikings as the starter to seeing favre come out of retirement, then getting demoted behind a terrible travaris, and now getting shipped off to back up eli who doesnt get hurt much. talk about a career that continuously got sidetracked. he may have had some issues, but i still think that he was better than many of the QBs that got much better chances.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: giants snag rosenfels

Postby Water Buffalo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 am

Guppy CEO wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minn ... nts-090310

with a few teams needing a decent QB, its hard to believe that the giants are the one to get him for such a cheap price. didnt the vikings give up a 2nd to acquire him? i think he could have started for AZ, CLE or even been a better backup for SEA. gotta feel sorry for the guy. he went from backing up schaub, to going to the vikings as the starter to seeing favre come out of retirement, then getting demoted behind a terrible travaris, and now getting shipped off to back up eli who doesnt get hurt much. talk about a career that continuously got sidetracked. he may have had some issues, but i still think that he was better than many of the QBs that got much better chances.
What cheap price are you referring to? Every single news article on the matter that I've found simply states an "undisclosed" draft pick next year and a conditional pick the following year. For all we know, the Vikes got a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return. Granted, that likely didn't happen, but we don't know yet. If memory serves me correctly, the Vikes paid a 4th rounder to get him. My guess would be they received a 4th or 5th from the Giants.

As a Vikings fan, I knew it was coming. Granted, it's not like I needed to be NostraWaterBuffalo to see it either. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now. It's unfortunate, really, because he's clearly a better backup QB than TJoke. If there's one thing that drives every Vikings fan that I know up the wall, it's the man love that Childress seems to have for Jackson. I just don't understand it. No one does. The dude has never shown that he can be a competent QB. He was clearly outplayed by Sage during the preseason as well. I've always felt sorry for Sage while he was in Minnesota. It's hard to feel sorry for a dude making millions of dollars to stand on the sideline, but still, he was never even given a fair shot here. He was brought in under the guise of having a "QB competition" between him and Jackson, but all along Childress has wanted and known that Jackson would always win any possible competition between them. I hope people remember Childress's coaching legacy for his failed and extremely prolonged Jackson experiment more than anything else.

The bottom line on this trade is money. They know Jackson isn't the answer, but they also know other teams know Jackson isn't the answer. He will re-sign at a cheap price because he's not too valuable of a commodity. Sage was making a LOT more than Jackson to be the 3rd stringer (albeit unfairly) which wasn't going to fly. It will be interesting to see who the QB of the Vikes will be next year, but my gut tells me that as long as Jackson is alive and kicking and Childress is still coaching, there won't be much to think about.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Re: giants snag rosenfels

Postby Guppy CEO » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:32 am

i heard that it was a 5th this season and a conditional 6th next. but being that the trade included 2 players, who knows if the other guy was purely a throw in or a critical part of the trade.

oh, and you were right about the 4th to get him from the texans. not sure why its stuck in my mind that it was a 2nd.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!