Hardesty out for season?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Hardesty out for season?

Postby yumbo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:50 am

princevincexoxo wrote:If anybody here is relying on rookies to the point where these injuries are crippling their seasons, then thats a mistake that you have made in building your team IMO. This is a part of risk management. Rookies are exclusively developmental players...nothing more. If you ever put yourself in a position for you to NEED them to be anything more, then 9 times out of 10 you are taking on way too much risk, and its not worth it.

I would pretty much agree with you, Vince. But, the people drafting Tate, Hardesty, and for that matter Matthews, Spiller and Bryant, are in need of these players to contribute because their teams are in the bottom half of the league. Otherwise, they might have to spend another entire season looking up at the rest of the league.

Now, I grant you that they could make trades to improve their team, and probably have, but I'm sure they were hoping for SOME production form the rookies! As we all are!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:29 am

SlabSlayer wrote:
moneyballer wrote:It's this type of stuff that gets me totally fed up with fantasy football and makes me wonder why I even bother. So far I've lost hardesty, avery, and Michael bush. Setting up for another fun year. Whoopie.
I hear you there!! I have lost S. Rice and now Hardesty!!! Traded Bess & a late round pick to move up one spot to draft Hardesty and now he is done for the year....really needed him as a future feature back. Yes, before I hear a "I told you so" I knew about his knee problems but he was the pick in that slot. This game can get sooo frustrating when an injury ruins your season before it starts....especially in a $100 money league :(
A reminder to all that this is dynasty football, and injuries can make things interesting.

Last year after I traded Leon Washington for the 1.11 pick, I drafted James Davis. Washington blew out his leg making me look like a genius until Davis busted his shoulder and wound up on IR. I hung onto Davis through the injury and now he looks fantasy relevent again, especially with Harrison probably going to get put back in a doghouse or get busted up trying to take a full load.

Grab Davis or buy Hardesty low if you can, everything comes full circle.

Me, I'm crossing fingers that Davis can grab the opportunity if it is truely there.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I would say that Hillis is the clear pick-up here becuase he's shown people he's got a lot of skills. But unfortunately he's white so there not going to give a white runningback a real chance.